So they explode bigger?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-18, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
So they explode bigger?
Yeah, in a very understated way. According to the wiki, it's only 50% greater. However, if you look at the crater, it seems much larger.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-05-18, 13:01

50% greater than tnt which is twice as much as creepers, so really, 3 fold stronger blast than a creeper...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-18, 13:07

Ah....missed the TNT part. Makes sense now. It was fun antagonizing it.
¡Damned!

2011-05-18, 13:26

That's awesome.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-18, 15:08

Down to 2 hearts, eh?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-18, 15:54

Yeah, I lost some jumping off my platform. Some more with the Skeleton, and then most with the charged creeper. At least I survived.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-18, 15:57

I need to get over my fear of these beasties, at least in single numbers. I went exploring the woods north of my place a while back and ran into two different creepers, both of whom were leaning against trees waiting for me to walk by.... each blew up but I didn't die. They still scare the crap out of me though. I seriously go inside and stay inside until the sun comes up..... same if it's raining.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-05-18, 16:24

All monsters are dealable with in single numbers if you have diamond armour and a decent stock of arrows. It's only when they sneak up on you or swarm you in large numbers that you need to be scared. With full diamond armour a point-blank (regular) creeper explosion only takes 2-3 hearts. Not so sure about the ELECTROCREEPER.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-21, 23:58

I didn't think to take a single screenshot, but tonight I was happy to invite some folks over (Turtle, Elysium & Billybobsky... anybody I'm forgetting?) to have an adventure down in the Barfing Skull Caverns.... which go on and on and on and on.... we never really hit the end of them but I'd say that they really lit the place up BIGTIME.... we found some fun stuff down in the mine including:

timberjack
hoarfrost
silvertone
kettledrums
and
mulch

I'm a bit perturbed to have this sort of monstrous cavern looming in the hill behind my beach house, but Robo's cabin is near enough that he (and Brad) should be afraid.... very, very afraid!!!

Thanks again to everyone for coming to play!!

Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-22, 12:09

It was a blast. I really enjoyed myself down there. Lots of baddies to take out. Stacks of arrows gone. Dungeon blown up by creeper. It was good times.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-22, 14:29

I'm hoping to tie that cavern in with my beach house and Barfing Skull Falls, and I suppose with Robo's Cabin / Brad's Pirate Ship.... and THEN!!! and then there was another exit somewhere out into the world, probably back around toward the mountain behind Olde Towne and Gargoyle's place and Kraetos' castle.... I think... possibly... who knows. Anyway, it's way massive and I'm very proud of it!!

I need to go a-mining now.

When will the slimes begin inhabiting the lava levels??
I need to go in and put in some cactus I suppose.

Captain Drew on Twitter
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-05-22, 15:01

Drew, feel free to to build all the way up against my castle. If it's not inside stone walls it's not important. (This goes for gargoyle too!)

Oh, but the castle does have a courtyard on the south side. The random number generator prototype is there, and it's also where I make cake because the ditch makes it easy to milk cows. So leave that alone please It's in a hollow surrounded by mountains, so feel free to build on the mountains. Everything else is fair game, I would enjoy it very much if the area was more populated.

All the castle's mining operations are on the north side so don't worry about hitting anything underground, either.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-22, 21:35

What a great night in the arena! Here's a video of it. I had to cut out and back in at one point because of a bug, but I cut most of that out of the video. Enjoy! It was funny.
SD, HD

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-28, 23:36

See this post for the Burning Man/Ghast from tonight!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-05-29, 23:21

Burning Man went down again tonight and we had some fun with that. Here's a link to that post that has the video links.

Afterwards we went to the arena for more fun! Here are the videos from that even.
SD, HD

Then Brad thought we should try our had a jousting and well, lets just say it didn't go as planned.
SD, HD

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-30, 00:26

Eggs!! We could use eggs as joust weapons!

edit:
GIANTS?
You had GIANTS??? Pretty damned cool!!
I'm shit at fighting with this trackpad, but am afraid I'd be worse with a mouse.
Still, I hope to see a giant fight "live" in the future!

Last edited by drewprops : 2011-05-30 at 08:22.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 00:33

Tonight Bruce and Grey invented CreeperMining....

Start with a large area in need of mining....

Ask Turtle to add a few creepers...

Run around naked amidst the creepers....

And try not to get stuck at the bottom of a hole while people throw gunpowder down on your head....

All in all I'd give it a 9 out of 10!!

Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-02, 00:45

I guess that means Grey is done sandmining and I can prune that area of the world now...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 00:49

Will you come get me out of this hole first?
¡Damned!

2011-06-02, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I guess that means Grey is done sandmining and I can prune that area of the world now...
Not yet!

What started as bobsky and I musing on dark magic and sandstone extraction somehow turned into a horrible cage-match from hell... with me on the losing end so often I gave up trying to find my stuff and just started running into the maw naked and unarmed.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2011-06-02, 14:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Not yet!
Could you give me until the 1.6 update? I need to take a breather from the monotony and build something or I'm going to lose my mind...

Actually, I know what I'll build. Something I've been wanting to do but only 1.6 makes feasible. I can probably whip it out tonight and be back in the mines by morning...

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 15:31

I looooove creeper mining. Can we do it again sometime? Our experiments with trying to blast out a shaft using creepers and space pirates was disappointing, though Turtle DID manage to sic a pack of creepers on me and then on Rowdy!!

I really enjoyed that silliness!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 15:39

Wait, can we call this game "MineCreeper"?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-06-02, 15:41

A little warning with that would have been nice. I wasn't exactly planning to get involved with anything other than collecting materials, so I did have some rarities on me. Got repaid, so to speak, but I'm not happy with the whole ambush thing in the first place, especially the "deal with it" attitude from some after I got upset. That's fucking uncalled for.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 15:57

I apologize if I was one of those who was uncaring. When we gather in these daring little "Jackass Games" we should make sure that everybody is in on it and isn't carrying anything they value because it's hard for mods to stop and come "make things right".

In my case, I left all my worldly possessions at home and showed up with crap, ready to die tragically..... that's not true. I was still playing it safe, making glass observation platforms when one of our demi-gods decided it was time to see me squirm!! - BUT I was still prepared for the worst.

Captain Drew on Twitter
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-06-02, 18:32

I was just intending to watch and grab drops between creeper barrages, and thought that's all I was invited to do (unless I wished to jump in and bait our creepy friends).

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-06-02, 19:18

I should have considered you and your plans. I wasn't meaning harm, I certainly was going to give you back everything lost (even if by giving parts). I hope in the end you see the fun all were having and had fun yourself.

I'll try to be sure others are interesting in being dragged into it in future cases similar to this one. Really, I do apologize for not checking with you first, it was all in good natured fun of creeper mosh pit.

Last edited by turtle : 2011-06-02 at 20:03.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-02, 20:00

I say that next time we make Rowdy be the man in the latrine

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-06-02, 22:15

I think what got to me RS was that you were making such a big fuss over such a small loss. Nothing precious was lost that couldn't have easily been recovered after 5 minutes of work and yet for some reason everything had to stop for this to be sorted out.

I have lost more shit in other peoples fool hearty expeditions and not batted an eye at it.