User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Forum Graphics (was "Brad's pain meds are ruining our forum")

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Forum Graphics (was "Brad's pain meds are ruining our forum")
Neø

Send a message via AIM to Neø  
2004-06-19, 14:08

If you look under the big Forums you'll see a Windows My Documents icon

A Windows icon just doesn't work on a Mac forum , it's just plain wrong

i hope someone'll fix it

-Neø

I don't consider myself an offensive guy. I am just a harmless lovable little fuzzball.
-Rush Limbaugh
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-19, 14:17

Hummm. . . . interesting.

Well it's coloured to match the forums, and I would not have known it was an icon used in windows if you did not point it out. (I guess it has been a while. . . )

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!

Last edited by Wickers : 2004-06-19 at 14:55.
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2004-06-19, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeÀ
i hope someone'll fix it

-NeÀ
Then perhaps you should put it into the right area.
Neø

2004-06-19, 14:38

Mods, please move it
Pleeeeeeeeeease?

-Neø
Neø

2004-06-19, 14:41

HOM, did ya just change my name?

-Neø
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-19, 14:58

calm down. . .

This is not a life or death thing here. . . They still have a lot of work to do on the site, and things are getting done bit by bit.

This thread should have been placed in the Feedback forum.

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-06-19, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by \/\/ickes
calm down. . .

This thread should have been placed in the Feedback forum.

It's debatable whether it should have been placed anywhere, but it's out of outsider and in feedback now.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-06-19, 15:21

Definitely a feedback forum thread.

And definitely a known issue. We've had plans to replace *all* of the graphics, but it's been going a little slower over the past couple of weeks because I'm not at a decent computer or network connection for another month.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-19, 16:31

ø

That is typed with option-o, the Mac way of typing an o with a line through it. Since Neo uses a PC, it must show up properly for her. For me it only looks right in the text input window, but it gets messed up once it is posted.

Is there some way to fix these special characters? This is one of the only instances of them not working that I have seen in quite a while. IMs all seem to work with these characters, as do most message boards (AI.com did, right?).
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2004-06-19, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
À

That is typed with option-o, the Mac way of typing an o with a line through it. Since Neo uses a PC, it must show up properly for her. For me it only looks right in the text input window, but it gets messed up once it is posted.

Is there some way to fix these special characters? This is one of the only instances of them not working that I have seen in quite a while. IMs all seem to work with these characters, as do most message boards (AI.com did, right?).
*COUGH*
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-19, 16:37

Spoke too soon. I assumed that since Neø uses Windows and most people here use Macs, that the characters would be messed up for me. I guess it's just for you, HOM, maybe a few others as well.
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2004-06-19, 16:48

All special characters show up botched in Safari, Camnio, and IE so I can only assume that it's a VB bug. The other thing that leads me to believe that it is a VB thing is if you look in my thread, for me at least, when the special characters are used in a quote they change again to something different. VB sees the character, but interprets it as something different.

That might be because of the way OSX submits the character or how VB interprets the character. Not sure which.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-19, 16:59

everything looks fine on my end. (using firefox under Linux)

So I don't think it's a vB problem.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-19, 17:13

The stuff that HOM posted looks botched, but other stuff seems fine. Of course, this is Internet Explorer 5.1 in OS 9, so that might affect it.

Yeesh, another thing I didn't think of - it's not just the browser you use to post, it's also the one you use to view. I assumed that everything would look the same after posting, and it only depended on which browser you post with. But I was wrong.