User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

when does apple show the new iMac? and when is it available?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: when does apple show the new iMac to the masses and when is it avaliable...
show in July 7 14.29%
show in Aug 21 42.86%
show in Sept 21 42.86%
aval. Sept 32 65.31%
aval. Oct 10 20.41%
aval. Nov 0 0%
aval. Dec 1 2.04%
never released...apple stocks crash on no iMac news and sony buys apple and re-brands all apple products 1 2.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

when does apple show the new iMac? and when is it available?
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-07-02, 11:23

place your bets, ladies and gentlemen

g
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-02, 11:25

Show: September
Avalible: September
although the cynic in me says available in December
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-02, 11:33

I selected "show in July", "ship in September". I truly think they're going to have to give it up and tide us over by unveiling it sooner rather than later.

UNLESS, of course, this delay situation was caused by some emergency re-design/re-tooling that might alter the overall design.

If that's the case (ha!), then I guess "NOT showing in July, no matter what".

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-07-02, 11:41

there will be teasers in July, some concrete photos in August, and the specs will be released BY APPLE at the unveiling at Apple Expo Paris in September.

The units will be available for purchase in september, but one configuration will be delayed until october...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-02, 11:45

I said they'll show them in September. When Apple says that they'll be "available" then, it means you'll be allowed to send Apple money for one. Even with plenty of planning to keep up with the demand, I am guessing it'll be at least a month before you can get one. And then, they might wait until LATE September to announce them, therefore pushing the ship date back even farther.

Who knows, maybe they'll start taking pre-orders in July or August and actually start shipping them in September. That little announcement is pretty vague and leaves a lot of room for Apple to move around.
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2004-07-02, 11:53

show in July
available in December
thequicksilver

Send a message via AIM to thequicksilver Send a message via MSN to thequicksilver Send a message via Skype™ to thequicksilver 
2004-07-03, 07:10

Note the image. Then note this:

Quote:
From http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/keynote
The Apple Expo 2004 Keynote presentation will be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on Tuesday, August 31 at 10:00 a.m.
Dunno why, but this would seem like when it's going to be announced. Do you see where I get this idea from?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-07-06, 09:57

Show at the Expo (official unveiling: Aug 31) - we may have some sneak previews before then with leaked photos, though.

Available in September - but like Luca says - you can send money to Apple then - but the actual shipment times may vary significantly.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Harald

2004-07-06, 12:35

Expo!

Expo!

It's going to be my first Stevenote.

rederic

2004-07-07, 04:34

Mine too, I can't wait.

thequicksilver

Send a message via AIM to thequicksilver Send a message via MSN to thequicksilver Send a message via Skype™ to thequicksilver 
2004-07-07, 17:27

I'm there too… but it's my second.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-08, 12:35

Do you think this might be a huge topic of discussion among the higher-ups at Apple right now? Think there's some squabbling amongst themselves as to how to roll this out (show SOMETHING now vs. show NOTHING now).

I wonder how much stuff like this is subject to debate there, or if Steve simply says "topic closed" and everyone puts a cork in it?

This makes me wonder about a massive glitch or breakdown of some sort. Such an odd situation when you step back and take it all in.

Nobody can buy an iMac right now!

Commodus

2004-07-08, 13:17

Think Secret has an article that appears to reinforce the notion that August 31st is the day we find out about the iMac G5.

It's a shame they likely won't have a live keynote stream, but I may get up early that day anyways. Following an expo where a new iMac is being introduced should be fun.

12" PowerBook G4 1.33 GHz / MacOS X 10.3
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-07-08, 13:30

why wouldn't they have a keynote stream??

anyways...it would be cool if apple played us along some...images of steamed up glass with a very blurry image on the other side....

or a sexy car with the windows all fogged up with a blurry image inside..."the all new iMac, it will get you all hot and bothered"

or a photo of the popemobile with it's windows all fogged up..."the new iMac would even get the Pope hot under the collar"

g

sexy popemobiles....

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2004-07-08, 13:40

I gotta go with Commodus here - they'll show it in Paris August 31, and it'll be available a few weeks later or so. What would be really cool is if 10 a.m. in Paris would be midnight September 1 in Cupertino, but idunno - I get confused when it comes to time zones
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-07-08, 14:25

www.thinksecret.com