User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

New iPod-centric magazine coming from IDG...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New iPod-centric magazine coming from IDG...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-06, 19:31

Interesting, a whole new magazine entering the Mac community soon:

http://www.macminute.com/2004/07/06/ipodworld

From the same people that do Macworld.

Not sure if that's a really good thing, or not...

Mark my words...somehow, someway they'll write about some niche Excel-scripting shit for it that will appeal to about 8 people on the planet. Oh, don't ask me why or how...but it's Macworld. It's a rule.

hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2004-07-06, 19:37

Grrrr pscates has just been docked 1 reputation point for beating me to the punch. I had the link copied and ready to paste. LOL j/k

This is great news. Can Apple err the iPod division capitalize on this by truly creating a platform for the ipod and accessories? Let us hope so. I want them to be rabid fanatics when it comes to the iPod and iTunes. We should see Belkin, Alpine and BMW ads all over the place.

Music reviews sounds good as well as tips on organizing and smart playlists. I'd try out an annual sub on this.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-07-06, 19:48

I guess, at this point, there's enough to do with the iPod (the iPod, iPod mini, iTunes, iTMS, Apple accessories, third-party accessories, cases, speakers, in-car solutions, the new AirPort Express and all it entails, etc.), plus the whole dual-platform nature of it all, to warrant something like this.

I don't know. Will be interesting to see. I'll definitely snap up the first issue and give it a shot (maybe buy two, one to read and one to put in plastic so in 15-20 years it would be like having the very first Macworld?)