Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Apple Stores instead of Apple Ads

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Stores instead of Apple Ads
intlplby
Veteran Member

2005-11-04, 00:13

after seeing the article on the front page it appears to me that maybe the reason apple doesn't have any apple computer ads and only ipod ads is because maybe it's found that putting the money into new stores is a much better way to spend the money.....

everyone goes to the mall...... i think putting a swanky white apple store in as many higher end malls, seems money better spent than advertising.....

it's proximity.... you can put apple ads out there, but if people can't easily try them out they are going to be more wary..... instead of a several million dollar ad campaign, building lots of stores is just as in your face AND it has proximity.... it lets people see, touch and experience apple products and not just show a swanky ad

ipods make much more sense to sell through ads than computers..... computers are bigger investments and thus less of impulse buys and they need to be used in order to sell themselves...computers have more uses and it's hard to convey that in an ad... an ipod is a much more simple device and can be sold through ads better

more apple stores > apple ads
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-11-04, 00:17

I agree with you that Apple Stores are definitely a very good marketing tool (and that includes the iPod, which gets people into the Apple Stores), but I still think Apple should definitely have some actual ads to reach the public who wouldn't go inside an Apple Store just because it was there. Apple needs to clear up some misconceptions about MacOS. Apple has a superior product - they could take the world by storm if they just gave it a little push.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
shell

2005-11-04, 02:00

Apple has always had superior products, and they've advertised in the past. So let's not overstate the value of ad campaigns. I do agree, the Apple stores are certainly eye-catching, and, although I have only been in a few different Apple stores, they do place the Macs up front for all to see. It's as good as any billboard.