User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

All Apple Stores down 2 hours early (please don't ban me!)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
All Apple Stores down 2 hours early (please don't ban me!)
Gizzer

2008-06-09, 10:23

I thought I'd post this anyway, at the risk of being banned, as it is still in keeping with the speculation forum.

All Apple stores have gone down two hours ahead of the keynote. Usually it tends to be just as it begins.

Ignoring what the announcements are going to actually be, could this hint at an overhaul of the actual online store?

There was an Apple patent recently about creating a kind of virtual shopping experience in the online store. It will be interesting if they choose to update it all today. I quite like the grey/black revamp the main site has, so a store revamp could be nice too.

Of course, the store going down early could mean nothing of the sort. But that's why I'm-a-speculatin'

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-06-09, 10:44

Bah! I say go for it, I think its important in the fact that it potentially points to more than just iPhone news - the iPhone is not available in every country as you know.

Don't know anymore than that.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-09, 10:56

Not to add to an already-questionable/iffy thread but .Mac mail has been next-to-useless for me all morning. Very spotty and unpredictable. Receiving has been somewhat okay, but sending from my Mail.app has been pretty much a no-go. But when I log in to my .Mac account, it's showing a green status light on Mail.

Perhaps it's just something on my end (although, as usual, I've not fiddled with any hardware or software settings to suddenly cause me e-mail to act like an idiot).

But with news of a .Mac revamp/update, I guess such disruptions aren't out of the question.

EDIT: BTW, is Google just dog-slow for anyone else, or am I just special? Google, and everything associated with it (Blogspot, Maps, Gmail, etc.) is just wearing me out today. All other sites are fine, but it takes forever for anything Google-connected/related to load and work for me.

Interesting. Probably nothing, but the timing's kinda funny...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2008-06-09 at 11:28.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-06-09, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit View Post
Bah! I say go for it, I think its important in the fact that it potentially points to more than just iPhone news - the iPhone is not available in every country as you know.

Don't know anymore than that.
It could also be Me.com or whatever they're launching. That could take some time to set up.

Or else it's just to build hype or whatever. Who knows.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-09, 10:58

Probably, more than anything, to keep some unsuspecting goon from buying an iPhone (or any Apple product) two hours out from a "major event"?

"Three hours ago? You're on your own; learn to do some research, jackball. But we'll save you from yourself with only two hours to go. It's the least we can do since we're going to overcharge for anything we announce today anyway...".

iPhone Xtreme...eleventy-thousand dollars!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2008-06-09, 13:23

Bah!

Try again when something actually happens.