Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone (2019)
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2019-09-10, 13:05

iPhone 11
  • purple, white, yellow, green, black, product(RED)
  • anodized aluminium and glass
  • 6.1" liquid retina with tap-to-wake, HapticTouch
  • a SpatialAudio virtualizer and support DolbyAtmos
  • camera bulge is real, 12MP wide camera and a 12MP ultrawide,it's visible
  • cool software - HDR, semantic rendering, tone-mapping, stereoscopic depth (for pet pics!), night mode
  • front camera gets 4K and slow-mo as well
  • A13 Bionic chip - fastest CPU and GPU in a phone
  • they say it's got 1hr more battery life than iPhone XR
  • price: $699

iPhone 11 Pro
  • 2 Sizes: Pro (5.8") and Pro Max (6.5")
  • colors: midnight green, space grey, silver, gold
  • surgical-grade stainless steel with a matte texture
  • OLED screen, 458 PPI, wide-color, 2m:1 contrast, 1200 brightness nits, retains TrueTone and HapticTouch
  • SuperRetinaXDR display: a SpatialAudio virtualizer sound, DolbyAtmos, HDR10, Dolby Vision
  • iPhone 11 Pro is 4 hours longer than iPhone XS and Pro Max is better by 5
  • 3 12 MP cameras: wide camera, telephoto, ultrawide and they use an image signal processor to work together (they do autofocusing, auto color temperature, etc)
  • more water resistant, stronger glass, faster wifi and LTE
  • price: $999 for Pro and $1099 for Pro Max

Also new cases for all 4 models in a variety of materials: leather, plastic, etc.

Friday Sep 13 at 5AM PDT pre-orders
Sep 20 ship date

The XR at $599 and the 8 sticks around at $449

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder

Last edited by Capella : 2019-09-10 at 13:37.
¡Damned!

2019-09-10, 13:15

Oi I love that midnight green on the Pro. Oh my.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

2019-09-10, 13:18

Yeah, that color is amazing, I wish they did those midnight colors on the plain 11 - a midnight blue, red, green trio would rock.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-10, 13:52

Man. Those monthly prices with a trade-in are cheaper than what I'm paying now.

I don't want/need an upgrade, but if it's less for more, why the hell not?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

2019-09-10, 13:54

As we all know, I have been holding out for an SE2 because size. I am now reluctantly considering the 11 because it would definitively replace my point and shoot. I want those cameras. I just really don't want that 6.1" size in my hand.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-10, 13:57

I was hoping for an SE2 personally.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-09-10, 14:23

Nice tidbit:

Quote:
Finally, after years of Apple including the same-old, slow 5W charger in the box with iPhones, the all-new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will ship with a faster 18W USB-C power adapter.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-09-10, 14:39

This seems like a nice solid event all around.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-09-10, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
This seems like a nice solid event all around.
Yeah.

I was honestly kind of worried they'd allot like 30 minutes to the iPhone, another 15 to the Watch, and then spend an entire hour talking about TV+.

The opposite happened, and that's good.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-10, 15:12

I think they got that lump out of their throat back in March, read the "backlash" and held off.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-10, 15:25

I am thinking I'll be getting the grey 11 Pro. I don't like the size of the 11 though it is a great value for what you get. I'm really wanting an upgrade though. My 7 feel absolutely antiquated to me now. It even overheats the camera if the flash is used at all. Almost every time I shoot videos at 4k it goes into hot mode and disabled the flash.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
chucker

2019-09-10, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I think they got that lump out of their throat back in March, read the "backlash" and held off.
Yeah, maybe! Almost seems like they over corrected. They also seemed to end a bit early?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-10, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Yeah, maybe! Almost seems like they over corrected. They also seemed to end a bit early?
As soon as they started talking about it, the entire crowd said in one collective voice "When and how much". Then, Apple opened its mouth and everyone hit their head on the desk.

"Overcorrection" is not the word I would use. I would say, "Spent 15 minutes longer than they needed to. Just tell me when and how much? I'll watch the trailers on YouTube." Had they spent the same amount of time telling us about the new iPhone SE, the applause would have been a standing ovation rather than a courtesy clap.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
chucker

2019-09-10, 16:35

Eh. Just two trailers.

The three game demos for Arcade followed by yet another game demo for iPhone were more boring.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-10, 16:53

Yeah, they were kind of dumb, too. Seemed more about showing off the iPhone's capabilities than showing us any reason to subscribe.
chucker

2019-09-10, 17:43

Hate the iPhone 11 colors so much, I almost want to get an XR instead just to get a proper blue.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-09-10, 20:13

Quote:
Hate the iPhone 11 colors so much, I almost want to get an XR instead just to get a proper blue.
It is a little weird that they got rid of blue and the pinkish color, which you would expect be two of the most popular colors, and not, say, yellow. I think Apple concluded that the bright colors of the iPhone XR cheapened it a bit (even people here thought it was plastic!) and that pastels would be more premium-feeling.

But with the $50 reduction in price of the iPhone 11, the XR is only $100 less, and so it’s kind of hard to justify getting a XR when the 11 is so close in price.

I like the mint green. But I loved the old blue and coral.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-09-10, 20:15

Quote:
They also seemed to end a bit early?
Scuttlebutt is that they pulled the Apple Tag announcement. It was a little weird that they talked about the U1 chip and then they were like “it’ll be great and useful…in the future!”

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-09-11, 07:01

I think the wife and I are going with the iPhone 11 Pro in Midnight Green. Just looks like a nice little change up from the white that we've been getting.

But, I really like being able to see the actual stainless steel as the border, so I'm still not entirely sure.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
chucker

2019-09-11, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I like the mint green. But I loved the old blue and coral.
Yeah, I'm not into the pastel tones. More into iPod nano-like colors.

They don't need to offer quite as many, but basically every single one of those variations is hot.

I wish the green or red were just a tad… darker? More saturated? Not sure.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-09-11, 09:55

I'd buy an orange iPhone in that orange color the second they went on sale.

Loved that little nano, until it got stolen by a tow truck driver...
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-09-11, 10:30

I've always found the colours not to be overly important, other than the front face of the phone, since it is in a case 99% of it's life. With the camera bump it's almost a must to have it in a case anyway. I did always like the colours of the early iPod Nano though, still have my 2 gen one, too bad it's buggy and crashes all the time. Now if Apple could get the battery life of the Apple Watch to match an iPhone we would not need these huge phones anymore, say this only because I miss how small the nano was, and that it was never noticeable in my pocket.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-09-11, 14:00

I've never put a case on any of my iPhones.

Cracked a couple of screens, but I'd hate to spend this amount of money and not be able to look at what the actual phone is supposed to look like.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-11, 14:33

I compromise on it and go with a clear case. Sure it doesn't look as good as a plain phone, but it is flat on either side and I hate to put my screen down on a random surface. I'd rather it be on it's back so a basic case is a must for me. On an SE or similar I would be fine without a case, no camera bump.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-09-11, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post

Cracked a couple of screens, but I'd hate to spend this amount of money and not be able to look at what the actual phone is supposed to look like.
Always had a case, never cracked a screen. Dropped it on concrete, rocks, you name it, because inevitably it gets dropped, but never got anything other than a light scratch thanks to a case. Is it thinner without a case? Sure, but I don't spend my entire life indoors, so a case it must have. Don't really care what the phone looks like, it just needs to do it's job, and keep doing it day in and day out.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-09-11, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Don't really care what the phone looks like, it just needs to do it's job, and keep doing it day in and day out.
Are you sure about that?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-11, 22:55

Well this was my favorite phone I've ever owned. Still is my favorite for that matter. Nothing has come close.

HTC Touch Pro 2 (AT&T Tilt 2)

Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-09-12, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post

I’ve been the same way recently. I’ve been sans case for the last 4-6 months and I don’t think I could go back now. I’ve tossed the leather back Apple case I have back on a couple times and it makes it feel so bulk plus it’s such a beautiful device. I like to actually see it.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Quagmire
meh

2019-09-12, 07:49

I did my pre-approval on the space gray.... But I am still debating between the silver and midnight green. Not sure if I like the matte white back( prefer glossy), but that midnight green is tempting and different( I always got the black phones).

giggity
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-09-12, 08:03

I've been getting the white because I like the stainless steel band, but now that you reminded me that they're matte on the back now, I'm not sure how that would look.

Hmmm. Wife is still planning on the green, and I may just get the same.