Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Perpetual Online Retailer Advice Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Perpetual Online Retailer Advice Thread
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-08-02, 21:08

I believe it would most righteous to have a thread where we can all go to inquire about other people's experiences with online retailers we are considering, but have never used before.

I'll go first. Anyone ever buy anything from Video Universe (part of cduniverse.com)? They are the only online retailer I can find who sells new copies of one of the great Cary Grant movies (Notorious), without going through some retarded z-shops type thing like Amazon has.

Another thing is it must be a limited run because everywhere I've seen it, it's been over $30 which is kind of gonzo for a standard motion picture. But it's such a great movie I'll pay it, assuming they're a reputable retailer.

...into the light of a dark black night.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2005-08-02, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
I'll go first. Anyone ever buy anything from Video Universe (part of cduniverse.com)? They are the only online retailer I can find who sells new copies of one of the great Cary Grant movies (Notorious), without going through some retarded z-shops type thing like Amazon has.
Greedy punk.

Haven't used them, but I'll post a link to CD Universe's ratings on ResellerRatings:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5947.html

and Bizrate:
http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide..._mid--483.html

Seems kind of hit/miss glancing at the reviews at ResellerRatings, but bizrate seems much better.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-08-02, 21:23

Thanks for the linkage. Bizrate looks pretty good but I am always a little leery of those ratings sites because the retailers can spam them pretty easily. Then again I'm sure many of the reviews are legit. I just figured the good bunch of peoples here would know as well as anyone.

I'll probably go for it but I'll wait a day or two to see what others say.

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2005-08-02 at 21:27.