Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Pixar's "Cars" to debut in Charlotte, NC

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Pixar's "Cars" to debut in Charlotte, NC
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-03-23, 13:53

Pixar's latest and greatest movie, "Cars", will premiere on May 26 in the premier place for premieres: Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte! Yee-ha!

Looky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Observer
Even speedway president H.A. "Humpy" Wheeler -- who never met a promotional opportunity he didn't embrace -- contributes to the film, voicing the character of "Tex," a 1975 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.
Yeah, that's investigative journalism Charlotte Observer style for ya!

Anyway, four huge screens, digital projection, new sound system just for that event. And only two months left to perfect my NC accent ... *startsstretchin'thosevooooooowels*
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-03-23, 14:08

Was there a need for "investigative journalism" in a story of this kind? What's the problem?
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-03-23, 14:21

I just thought that was a fun little comment ... no problem there at all. Just trying to be funny.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-03-23, 14:25

Oh, okay.

I thought I was out of the loop regarding some sort of local Charlotte scandal, involving the premiere, the Lowe's venue and the News & Observer's coverage of it all. Your initial post struck me with a bit of irked, "those bastards!" vibe to it that I couldn't quite place.

I was like "what am I missing here...maybe I should look online and see what I can find".

ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-03-23, 16:50

No, no new scandals (except the obvious one). Just a message from a proud (recent) Charlottean to the world about what cool new things are happening.

Oh, and of course: Perhaps Jobs sold his stock to buy a Charlotte-based company ... like Lowe's ... or Bank of America