Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 21 of 21 First Previous 17 18 19 20 [21]  Thread Tools
Damned

2018-05-06, 21:33

I'm still getting the old locations/xp on my end.... anyone else?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-05-07, 17:30

Yeah, it looks like the actual map content hasn't updated in at least a few weeks even though the date appears to be fresh in the little home icon's Render Stats.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but at least this part of Bradtropolis has been updated a bit:

I wouldn't be surprised if I goofed up something when I booped the server to the Forge build. I'm pretty sure I used symlinks in all the right places, and I didn't create a new world directory or anything like that. I'll look around to see if I can find some clues.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-05-07, 19:17

sighs

Yeah, I done goofed, but I'm about to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-05-07, 19:27

Should be better after the next map processes.

We, uhhhhhhh, might have not had any new backups made since the switch to Forge until now. But the good news is they should be working now.

I double checked this time. 😬

i'm sorry plz don't shoot me

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Damned

2018-05-08, 11:33

Maps are nice to have, but backups are better.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 08:03

I think backups might be relevant to what's happening in the server right now and why it's down. We need to move this part of the talk over to the server maintenance thread.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 08:37

So I'll check into the maps again after the cycle that should be running any time now. In fact, I'll force a backup to happen on the MC server now since it didn't happen due to the other issues with the server.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 10:36

I just realized that there have been changes with the Forge thing. I'm going to have to archive the current map and start over again. So this process will take some time to go through since it must start fresh. Also, I need to see if there's been an update to the texture pack since I last put it on the map server, that will also make changes.

So, work on it now while trying to pay attention to my job.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 10:51

If you want to see the most recent completed map, look here.

Edit: or not. Looks like archive maps don't like the forced https. I'll look at that shortly. Starting a fresh map run shortly.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 11:37

Hey Brad,
What breaks on the maps when I force it to go through https rather than plain http? Like, if you go to mc.applenova.com you see if redirect you to the https but the css is broken. I'm assuming something like that is happening with the nginx handling of the archives.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-09, 13:50

So do the maps work outside of my home? As in the one I linked above or linked to through here? Anyone can test and let me know that would be great.

Damned

2018-05-09, 16:48

The old world maps work just fine; the current map shows up but is stuck back in time.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-05-12, 19:05

So it looks like the issue is just in my internal routing then. Great! I can't see the archives but you all can. They really are there for you all anyway.

Maps finished and I'm setting the automation back into operation. You should see maps update again after the 9pm Eastern run.

Code:
Render time: 2 days 13 hours 29 minutes 42 seconds Peak memory usage: 41.0Mb Created on Sat, 12 May 2018 Created at 18:09 EDT
This thing takes forever when you start over.