AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Neighbors and Whitelist Chit-Chat
Page 4 of 7 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-20, 07:18

You should tell people about yourself, post comments in AppleOutsider.

Dellphi and I grew up in the same neighborhood. We played video game marathon sessions at their house in our teens. I think it was on the original Nintendo?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-12, 18:57

So a buddy of mine from work should be coming on here soon asking to join the server. I have no idea what his MC name is so I can't give early notice on that. I did tell him to come on here and join the forum and intro himself to ask to be on the server.

He's very new to minecraft (one day I think) since we just got him convinced to get on with it at work. Most of the people who's workstation is near mine play so we knew it was only a matter of time.

Anyway, whenever he joins the forum and asks I'll be able to vouch for him. He will need our help to get going.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
JohnPB

2012-04-16, 21:50

Hello everyone!
I'm new to MC and still trying to figure it out. I work with turtle and he said this was a friendly place, so I wanted to join the community. I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations. My MC username is: rzrking
-JP
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-04-16, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPB View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm new to MC and still trying to figure it out. I work with turtle and he said this was a friendly place, so I wanted to join the community. I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations. My MC username is: rzrking
-JP
Hello JP! Welcome to Cactuar (our MC world).

When you first log on you should start off in our central park. Right next to the park is a big glass cube. That's our Community Exchange. You can take some tools, seeds, or whatever else you need to get started there. On another side of the park is another grey-colored building — the Post Office. Feel free to claim a PO box so people can leave you messages and things when you're offline. To claim a PO box, just put your name on its sign — and be sure to put your name on its maching sign on the ground floor, too. When someone switches on the corresponding light, that means you have mail!

On weekends we turn on Creative Mode, which means you can give yourself blocks without having to mine them first, among other things. This is helpful for building large structures, though many of our largest structures were made by people who preferred to mine things themselves.

Making a land claim before building in Cactuar isn't mandatory, but it's still a pretty good idea before starting any extra-large project. What is mandatory is making sure you are not building on anyone else's claimed land — that's the point of claiming it, after all! Ideally, all land claims will be clearly marked with posted signs in-game, but if you have any questions as to the size of an unclear claim, you can get in touch with the owner via an in-game letter or a private message on these forums.

Other than that, explore and have fun. If you have any questions in-game, most of us should be happy to help, so speak up in chat if you need anything. Happy mining!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-17, 06:19

I've added you to the white list John. Welcome! Not that you'll be getting on the game before work.
stielle

2012-05-01, 11:51

Hello Everyone. Im also fairly new to MC, 30 days or so and am learning from Turtle. I work with him. Solo is great, but he said you guys have a nice friendly group that makes it even more fun. Im looking to build and have some fun interaction.

I'm a bit of a gamer, but usually go with PC over consoles, though my girlfriend and I own NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS1, Xbox and Xbox360. We collect DVDS (over 2k) and just started with games. I'm a big 80's fan (music, movies, cars) and love trivia. A was a bit of an athletic geek, martial arts, working out, modding cars (ex street racer) but I'm more an inside guy now.

Despite the book I just wrote, I'm decently quiet in game. Looking forward to building and helping others!

- Stielle (Scott)
will103

2012-05-01, 15:43

Whats up guys!

I am one of turtle's co-workers, I was looking for a great place to get started on a Minecraft server, I have played Minecraft in single player mode for several months now, but never joined a server before, so I am new to the experience. I love to play video games, and would consider myself a hardcore PC gamer. I have reviewed the rules, and am Looking forward to joining the community and getting to know everyone.

-William M.

Minecraft username: will103.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-01, 20:44

Yep, I know both of these guys and they are all cool. There is one more guy who has also been playing solo for the longest time who might be asking to join too.

What are the thoughts of the other player? I personally am cool with adding them but want your input.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-05-01, 21:38

I think we're going to have your whole office playing on the server soon, turtle.
¡Damned!

2012-05-01, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Yep, I know both of these guys and they are all cool. There is one more guy who has also been playing solo for the longest time who might be asking to join too.

What are the thoughts of the other player? I personally am cool with adding them but want your input.
I'm all for new players on the server, but with your last trio of recruits we found that they all grouped together outside of everyone else and weren't active in the community (gg excluded)... something predicted by an astute member here. I still have hopes that they'll return, but who knows.

That these are your work-buddies I have better feelings (rzrking has been a great addition), but I'm just putting that out there. I expect better from these guys, if only that you'll be sitting next to them all day long and prodding them to be a part of AN, not just your our MC server.

[edit]: And I would strongly suggest that any new player donate 20 bucks or more to AN proper, since we've all pitched in hundreds of dollars as players to upgrade the MC server with RAM and SSD. Seems fair. Plus, it's just a few bucks ffs. I've spent more on a few microbrews.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-05-01 at 22:51.
stielle

2012-05-02, 14:53

Hey 709, no worries. The entire point of me coming over is to socialize.

I'm perusing the other threads and categories as well so I will chime in soon enough on them. I'm down with a few bucks to support the habit. I shell out enough on subscriptions anyway.

As I said I'm not a chatterbox in game usually, but I'm not a loner or cliquish, and whatever I can contribute in the game world, just let me know.

Last edited by stielle : 2012-05-02 at 14:56. Reason: typonese
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-02, 19:06

Yeah, the latest batch of guys all sit next to me and are all new to MC. When they hear me talking about the server they love the idea of joining. Plus, RZRKiNG has been saying very nice things about it to these guys so there's that too.

It is AN's server and not mine which is why I have had them post here and all the other steps we would expect any other request to follow. I've also made it pretty clear that AN membership is part of the deal if for no other reason that this is where we hash out things from in-game.

Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-05-02, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
[edit]: And I would strongly suggest that any new player donate 20 bucks or more to AN proper, since we've all pitched in hundreds of dollars as players to upgrade the MC server with RAM and SSD. Seems fair. Plus, it's just a few bucks ffs. I've spent more on a few microbrews.
I missed this bit of tithing. Which pit are we throwing our money into?
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-05-03, 07:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
I missed this bit of tithing. Which pit are we throwing our money into?
The "Rowdy's on a tight budget driving back to Ohio from Blaine, WA" fund would be nice!

Seriously, though, this whole gas jumping from $3.80 to $4.40 thing is

Montana is awful. Really. Except for the hotel. Everything has grizzlies.

I'm rambling. To Worthington, MN! I should be back Friday night.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-05-03, 16:57

So since no one has really said they have an issue with it I'm going to add these guys to the white list. Please let me know if there are any issues with this.

As for trying to get the guys to actually join the forums and post more, I certainly have done this. You can even ask them about it.

stielle

2012-05-03, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
As for trying to get the guys to actually join the forums and post more, I certainly have done this.
I think it was more of a threat.
will103

2012-05-03, 18:59

I certainly understand your concern in regards to new people, I would feel the same in your shoes. I would definitely enjoy being apart of the forum community, no worries there, once I start to get comfortable with everyone you'll definitely see more posting from me.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-05-13, 13:07

I shot Brad.
Lynn Nexus

2012-09-01, 00:12

Introduce yourself, some background helps.
Hi! Just call me Lynn, (I'm LynnNexus on MC... I'm really diverse like that...) I'm just moving to minecraft on the PC from the xbox and -really- want a nice -quiet- world to build in where I can hang with friends and the like. Hopefully not get blown up by too many creepers...

My friend ThunderPoit pointed me in this direction, said it was a pretty nice server. When my sister gets back to talking to me there's a good chance she might join me in here... We'll have to see if she feels up to it.
Lynn Nexus

2012-09-01, 00:13

Hey! I made a nice long post and the forum ate it... So... I'm Lynn... I'd like to join, ThunderPoit pointed me this way... Now if the post shows up at a later date then this one can be Deep sixed
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-09-01, 11:06

Hey Lynn! Sorry about the lost post. Should be restored above your last post now. As a new member, some of your posts will get thrown to the "moderation queue" and require approval before showing up. Just wait a couple of hours for one us us to see it and we'll approve them as we can. I think after something like 5 or 10 posts, that filter goes away.

Has turtle (the other MC server admin) already approved your name yet? I take it you've read through the posts in this thread to get a good feel for how we behave on our server?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Lynn Nexus

2012-09-01, 13:14

I'm assuming not, I just posted last night at midnight. At very least I haven't gotten a message to that effect.

As for getting a feel for the etiquette... Yes, And that's the exact reason I wanted to join this server. Griefing and the like gets on my nerves hard. I wanna be able to play with a small group of friendly respectful people. That's why ThunderPoit suggested I join this one, because I wouldn't have to deal with a bunch of dicks.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-09-01, 13:54

I have just added you to the white-list so you should be able to get in the game. Welcome! Find a plot of land to call your own and start finding resources for your next big project.

You'll find there are some shared resources near the spawn area to help you get started if you need them.

Lynn Nexus

2012-09-01, 16:15

Thanks ^_^. Yea Muh buddy told me there was a kinda community chest near the beginning. See you inside
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-09-01, 17:01

Looks like turtle forgot to reload the whitelist in-game after adding you to it. You should have access *now*.
Elzash

2012-10-22, 21:43

hello the server looks awsome and i'd like to join IGN: Elzash
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-10-22, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzash View Post
hello the server looks awsome and i'd like to join IGN: Elzash
Who vouches for Elzash?
¡Damned!

2012-10-22, 23:00

Where you been, overlord? Haven't seen you in ages.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-10-23, 07:28

Work busy. Maybe I'll get to sign on some time this weekend.
gerlocian

2012-10-24, 18:35

Very work busy.