Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

iTunes Deauthorizing Computers?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes Deauthorizing Computers?
MagSafe

2007-01-07, 17:39

Hi there,

I've only just released that the iTunes DRM actually allows you to play the music on an unlimited number of computers, except your only allowed to play music on 5 computers at once.

As I didn't know it at the time, on my last mac I didn't deauthorize it before selling it, so i'm trying to figure out a way that I can view all my authorized computers, like how .Mac works with registered computers. Does anyone know if I can do this?

Cheers,

Steven.

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-07, 17:47

You can't view your authorized machines, but when you hit the limit of five, you can have all de-authorized by Apple, once a year.
MagSafe

2007-01-07, 18:55

Ah ok, thats fine then

Cheers
Schnauzer
Veteran Member

2007-01-07, 19:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagSafe View Post
I've only just released that the iTunes DRM actually allows you to play the music on an unlimited number of computers, except your only allowed to play music on 5 computers at once.
It doesn't let me auth more than five
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-01-08, 18:32

Somehow (I can't remember now), I was able to view all the other iTunes accounts that were authorized to play songs from my computer.

Try this -- open iTunes, then from the menubar, choose Store -> View My Account. It should prompt for your account username and password, then display the information in the iTunes window. It's self-explanatory from there.