AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Will Steve be leaving Apple soon?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Will Steve be leaving Apple soon?
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Eugene
careful with axes

2007-01-01, 08:08

Ugh, I can't imagine Schiller doing a full keynote or being the rubber stamp. He might have charisma, but he doesn't have a good stage presence. I'd rather see them bring in someone from the outside if it came to that...
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-01-01, 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Ugh, I can't imagine Schiller doing a full keynote or being the rubber stamp. He might have charisma, but he doesn't have a good stage presence. I'd rather see them bring in someone from the outside if it came to that...
I'm not sure if I'd want Schiller to become the CEO, but I wouldn't rule it out at all. His competence is also far underrated; he does pull a lot of strings far beyond the "marketing" realm of his title.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-01-01, 12:04

Ive should do the keynotes because he's hot and British. *swoon* <3

ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2007-01-01, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benton View Post
With all the distractions at Apple and Pixar of late, demand for Steves' time must be substantial.
Except, as I recall, one of the stated reasons for selling Pixar to Disney was so that Steve could step down as CEO of Pixar and move onto Disney's board, thus leaving much more of his time to spend on Apple.

He was being spread relatively thin between the two, but after Pixar was sold, Steve's primary concern became Apple. Now, he may be looking to retire, but I'm pretty sure it's no longer an issue of time management.

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-01-01, 13:48

He also got buttloads of cash out of the deal.
Benton

2007-01-01, 14:11

Roboman,
SJ swapped Pixar stock for Disney stock, no cash involved. However, Disney pays a dividend annually and Pixar and Apple do not declare dividends. Steve will receive a nice check on 12 January 2007 in the amount of $42,780,002.17 from Disney.

[
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-01-08, 20:41

I think this editorial says it all:

Snow Jobs: Why Steve Jobs should be punished for the options backdating chicanery at Apple. And why he won't be.

Basically, Fred Anderson and Nancy Heinen take the fall (and get golden parachutes), Jobs gets implicated but isn't red-handed, and everyone think what we're thinking: that even if Jobs clearly did worse, he's untouchable anyway. Choice quotes:

Quote:
"Jobs is Michael Jordan in the 1990s, Citigroup in the 1980s, Walter Cronkite in the 1960s. He's a revered Hall of Famer who doesn't get whistled for fouls that send other pros to the bench."
Quote:
"A future without Jobs is simply too grim to contemplate. Writing in New York this week, John Heilemann cites an analyst who believes the company would instantly lose $14 billion in market capitalization if Jobs were forced out."