Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Thread Read vs. Not Read Indicators

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Thread Read vs. Not Read Indicators
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-09, 00:59

It seems to me that when I post the last message in a thread, and go back to the main room that the thread is in, that that thread should be marked as "read." However right now, for me at least, it is marked as unread, and I must go back and read what I just wrote for it to be marked "read." I'm not sure if you guys get me, or if this is just a fluke on my end, but can someone look into this and provide me with some feedback?

Thanks!

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-09, 01:53

I have the exact same problem. In order for a thread to be marked read after I post in it, I have to click on it again and reload the list of topics. I'm not sure why this is but I'll talk to LoCash about it.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-09, 02:11

Thanks for the quick action! I had to mention it because its just plain annoying for me, and I couldn't find an option for it in preferences.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-09, 03:20

He thinks it's just another one of these annoying vB bugs. I don't know, I guess that means we have to wait for an update to vB.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-08-09, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0eWax
It seems to me that when I post the last message in a thread, and go back to the main room that the thread is in, that that thread should be marked as "read."
I actually like the fact that my own posts are marked as unread. First, it encourages me to re-read my posts and correct any errors. Second, it makes me feel good about posting.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-09, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
He thinks it's just another one of these annoying vB bugs. I don't know, I guess that means we have to wait for an update to vB.
I know vB has to be horribly complex, because PHPBB2 is pretty crazy, and it sucks in comparison. But why isn't it possible to go fix it yourself? I mean it's all there. Maybe it's just too hard to find and fix? Not that I'm volunteering; these boards would never work again
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-08-09, 19:22

I posted about this issue a few weeks ago, and I still have the problem. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's annoying