Definitive Athletic Ability Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Definitive Athletic Ability Thread
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-12-21, 09:02

well, I can't really argue. Hockey is my 2nd most favorite spectator sport behind baseball. I also was never very good at hockey despite my desires so I know very well about being humbled and impressed by others. I think professional athletes in all sports are extremely impressive, its just who you like better I suppose. Although I will say I have completely lost interest in the NBA and am losing interest in the NFL. People say baseball is boring but I find it near impossible to watch an NBA game these days. The play is horrible, the players are egotistcal jackasses, and there is just no intensity/excitement. Even college basketball isn't what it used to be.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-12-21, 09:44

Not to get OT, but I couldn't agree more. I went from being an absolute basketball junky in the 90s (college and pro and in my own life), to losing all interest about the time Allen Iverson and all the punks cut from his cloth started to take over the league and imprint their image upon it. Great Ambassadors, they were...

The good news is, we got a nice cold snap this week and the ponds are almost ready to go. Probably some over-protective parent who loves to shelter their kids will try and scold me off the ice at the local retention ponds (about 3 feet deep), for fear I'm setting a "dangerous example"... but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-12-21, 19:29

I would have to say that Iverson is not the problem. At least Iverson backs up his style with numbers. It's the punks who continue to shoot around 40% and have the attitude that bug me. And the game is simply monotonous. To me all the sports where there's no break in the action are.