User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Car Talk
Page 53 of 69 First Previous 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57  Next Last Thread Tools
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-10-04, 18:47

Yup, any used 2020 or 2021 model year vehicles are selling for more than MSRP. Some people were even buying new cars and selling them back to the dealer for a profit. A used 2021 Tacoma TRD Sport is selling for $15k over MSRP at the dealer right now, since 2021 model year vehicles are no longer in production and the 2022 models are not expect to show up till end of December to mid-January.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-10-22, 05:56

Ohhhhhh...GMC announced the new Sierra and that Denali Ultimate is looking mighty mighty sexy.....

I wanted to wait until the 2023 model but it's very tempting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-22, 06:12

I keep seeing a metallic rose/dusky copper-gold Infiniti small SUV (same person?) here in my part of town. Possibly the prettiest color I’ve ever seen on a car. Saw it yesterday for the fourth time since about July. It’s gorgeous, that color.

EDIT: Finally looked it up…Liquid Copper, Infiniti calls it. Rawwrrr… Gotta see it in person; pics just don’t do it justice. An unusual, catchy color…not many copper-y hued cars out there, really. Saturn offered one back in the mid-90’s, I remember.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-10-22 at 06:25.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-22, 07:52

That front end looks like something I would see in the hood with some guy who spend more money on gold and gems for his teeth than most spend at college.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-22, 08:03

That’s a bit busy. I’d always be worried it it was getting dinged and dented. Trucks have gotten insane in their styling and prices.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-22, 08:08

Man, I wish I had bought the photo editor when you put the word out it was on sale. I'd put that grill behind Joker's head.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-10-22, 08:55

Why do manufacturers feel the need to make every vehicle look so pretentious now?

I was looking at photos and videos of the new Tundra for example, looks snazzy, but the openings in the grill are so large that if you end up behind a gravel truck for 5 minutes you’ll need a new radiator.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-27, 13:55

Finally!

And … YIPES!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-27, 14:02

My uncle has had several corvettes throughout my life. He has a black one currently. Pretty righteous. Not really my style, but it looks pretty awesome.

He’s also got a black Plymouth Prowler, which is my style! That thing gives me impure thoughts.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-27, 15:17

That thing is looking more and more Italian. I like it. So much better styling now than it had in the 90's. Really the last few years it has finally started taking on a look I could appreciate.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-10-27, 15:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
That thing is looking more and more Italian. I like it. So much better styling now than it had in the 90's. Really the last few years it has finally started taking on a look I could appreciate.
I don't think they quite have the hang of mid-engine styling just yet. There are a few of them around the neighborhood, which also sports a higher than normal percentage of exotics, and in person it just looks a bit thick or heavy in side profile compared to something like a 458. And its got a lot of superfluous angles drawn into the bodywork compared to the same, but it's promising, and I can't afford either one anyway.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-28, 08:47

Oh yeah, it is definitely NOT Italian but certainly angling there.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-10-28, 09:15

Given the new vehicle shortage, anyone buying those things is going to be pay 15-20k (or more) over MSRP in markups alone. If you don’t think it’s real, for example Toyota expects to make fewer than 100,000 2022 model year vehicles. Maybe only 50,000. They sold more of some individual models than that in 2019.

That seems to be the bottom line right now. Manufacturers are stopping customer incentives too. Not a good time to buy. It also sounds like car makers are digging into the bottom barrel for building materials, yikes. Sounds like a year for lemon vehicles.

I’ve halted any thoughts of getting a new car in the next year, that’s for sure.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-10-28, 20:18

I disagree. The new GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate is $81k and that’s right in line where it’s supposed to be.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-10-28, 20:24

So you think a dealer charging you 15-20k more than the manufacture recommended price (for a given trim level) is just in line with where it should be? It's your money...
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2021-10-29, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post

That front end looks like something I would see in the hood with some guy who spend more money on gold and gems for his teeth than most spend at college.
Just ordered one.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-29, 12:02

I'm sure you will be thrilled with it. If I had that front end I'd have to put a Bra on it or something. That grill is just too much for me.

I have read it is an amazing truck, it just isn't my taste at all.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-29, 12:09

I'm a Tundra guy, but I'm not going to replace my 2017.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-10-29, 12:15

Heh

My "newest" vehicle is a 2006 and I bought it used. I'm not looking to replace any of them.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-10-29, 12:40

Oh, don't get me wrong. I 'd love to have a new Tundra iForce Max TRD, but that's a $60,000+ truck, and I don't want that payment.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-03, 13:36

Not as bad as the GMC but man that is a big mouth!

This one is the same but the bumper change makes it seem less big.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-03, 14:00

If I owned that white one above I'd feel like I had to go out and shoot alligators in the swamp at 2am to deserve/justify owning it.

It looks cool and heavy-duty, but just isn't my personal bag/taste in a vehicle. I'm simply not that manly, I'm afraid.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-03, 14:29

Maybe the Tacozilla is a better fit for you then.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-03, 14:34

I actually do like that! Named after my favorite food too. It’s meant to be!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-03, 14:57

If I were single or just Mrs T and me I'd love something like that too. Heck, it would be great for all the taxi work I do in the evenings for my kids. I'd have somewhere comfortable to sit while waiting on them. Not sure I'd need a snorkel and winch, but at least I could take the road less traveled if I wanted.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-11-03, 21:00

Tundra is a nice truck, even the older ones I test drove were great. I could go for one with the 8 foot bed, and I like the look of the 2007-2013, but that’s just me. New ones are way more than I could justify though, it would just get beat up with work supplies and tools.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-11-03, 21:58

I want a cool ass truck that makes it look like I am out on safari all the time. Snorkel. Ladder to the roof. Platform out on the front for dropping a catch loop around a rhino's neck.

Or the modern equivalent of Marty McFly's truck.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2021-11-04, 08:51

This concept electric truck from Ford looks incredible.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-04, 09:32

I thought you were joking at first, but that’s real. An updated, modern take on my grandpa’s pickup!

I’ve said for years and years now - ask anyone who knows me - that my dream vehicle is vintage, retro looks but modern reliability/comfort/convenience/safety underneath.

That Ford and the Toyota Taco thing earlier are exactly what I love to look at/think about, when it comes to cars

My dream vehicle would be one of those old 40’s/50’s pickup trucks (think Sanford and Son), in lime-gold (or burnt copper) metallic, whitewall tires, one of those wood plank beds, etc. But with modern performance, efficiency, AC, all the safety stuff, modern Bluetooth/CarPlay stuff, etc.

I’ve always said if I ever won the lottery that would be one of the things I did…find a builder to build me my street-legal, daily driver dream car.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-04, 09:42

The F100 above is a converted truck rather than a "new" truck. It is pretty wild that they put the time into showing how they can convert them. Not sure I'd be willing to do that with a truck... a Mustang though... now we're talking. '67 Fastback as an EV would be AMAZING.