AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Minecraft 1.8: The Bountiful Update!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft 1.8: The Bountiful Update!
Page 4 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-11-29, 15:22

I have nothing from the past worlds. Can that be moved over?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-11-29, 18:02

How about the floating island behind the Money Bin in Bridgeport too! I think that would look nice in our world somewhere.

Edit: I just discovered that it's already here!

Edit: what about the Zelda place from Bridgeport Brad?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2014-11-29 at 18:38.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Just wondering though: There's a dude down between the library and the Eiffel Tower. What the hell is he running from?
He's running away from his problems and responsibilities.

Nah, he's just a cactuar.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I was thinking through the places I have had and the builds I did for what I would want moved over that isn't already. I would like my bridge from Bridgeport over but I have no idea where to put it.

Maybe around here:
Sure! I'll see if I can make it fit along that top part.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 19:54

Quote:
How about the floating island behind the Money Bin in Bridgeport too! I think that would look nice in our world somewhere.

Edit: I just discovered that it's already here!

Quote:
Edit: what about the Zelda place from Bridgeport Brad?
Hoo boy, I've been trying to think of a way to make that happen. It takes up so much space! I'm still considering where it might fit.

On a related note, I'm also thinking about how to make Parapa Palace fit. I'm thinking of putting it in the desert south of downtown with Chichen Itza II.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-11-29, 20:07

That sounds fitting. I'm not imagining many people building in that desert anyway. Would be awesome I think.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-11-29, 20:19

New idea, the sign:
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 20:28

That said, here's a list of what I've transported so far (including previous copypasta sessions):

Bridgeport:
- tavern and skyway access tower
- floating island
- creeper statue
- mana tree
- gherkin
- space shuttle
- house of the risen son
- chichen itza ii
- paulydome
- rink of pain
- rexy the dinosaur
- pirate ship
- viking ship
- library
- castle arteggio
- ancient creeper head
- grande theater
- skyranch
- airplanes
- turtle's highway bridge
- parapa palace
- hyrule castle
- barfy skull
- space invaders and ufo
- applenova "hollywood" sign
- rowdy's gay bar
- apple logo

Loch Greene:
- space needle 1.0
- sea serpent & shipwreck
- pei pyramid

Terranova:
- tower of the gods
- subway station
- the exchange 2.0
- ely's western outpost tower
- mob head cube
- 13topia
- bobsky atoll
- space pirate mountain
- phantasma valley (nuclear city)
- brad's office building
- beacon of hope

Cactuar:
- tall jungle tree
- cactuar statue
- mcdonald's
- super mario world
- museum (incomplete)
- jungle temple
- lighthouse
- hylian symbol
- arts centre (theater 2.0)
- gojira (incomplete)
- ARoS (rainbow walkway ring thing)
- fort knox

Pre-Tekkit:
- tree farm "trashcan" 2.0
- SC2k-style marina

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 20:40

Quote:
New idea, the sign:
I like!

OK, here's my copypasta todo list as it currently stands:

Bridgeport:
- applenova "hollywood" sign done
- turtle's highway bridge done
- parapa palace done
- hyrule castle done
- barfy skull (or the more symmetrical version from loch greene) done
- ijak's forest castle (maybe)
- space invaders and ufo done

Terranova:
- my office building done
- beacon of hope done
- stonehenge (maybe)

Cactuar:
- arteggio's house (maybe)
- that floating rainbow walkway ring thing (maybe) done
- fort knox (maybe) done
- dellphi's hideaway (maybe)

Pre-Tekkit:
- SC2k-style marina (maybe) done

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-11-29, 22:14

Near Chichen Itza II would be nice for Parapa, considering how close of a view it was for the original
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-11-29, 22:24

Parapa Palace has a new home.

Tread carefully!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-11-30, 15:12

just wanted to say OMG BRAD IS HERE!!! welcome back <3 <3
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-11-30, 19:46

Brad, are you referring to that place i built on top of a mountain? don't worry about it. Only things i built worth copying from bridgeport was the paulydome.
¡Damned!

2014-11-30, 19:55

Remember the days when ladders stuck to glowstone?

Pepperidge Farm does.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-11-30, 20:24

So, that's why we got stuck in there. Here we though there was a hidden button or something. We had to nerd pole outta there last night.

Speaking of nerd poles, there are a few remnants of them in that giant tree, too. Some kind of weird "come in and die" trap in there.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2014-11-30, 23:07

I'm farting around for a bit tonight, checking out the new fun.

Brad, if you need a wingman, I'd love to help you move anything else over.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-01, 19:34

So I totally lost track of time yesterday and didn't finish off all that I wanted, nor obviously did I knock out the upgrade. Sorry! Unless turtle wants to jump on it sooner, how about we upgrade this Friday?

I've also been spending some time updating a bunch of custom textures. This evening I've been totally redoing the doors, basing them on a mix of the defaults, some inspiration from Painterly, and new work from scratch. I've even redone the default oak wood door in a lighter style since other darker variations are now available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Brad, are you referring to that place i built on top of a mountain? don't worry about it. Only things i built worth copying from bridgeport was the paulydome.
Yeah, the one in Bridgeport, just outside of downtown closer to where Drew settled. I always thought the little street shops were cool, but no huge loss if I skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Remember the days when ladders stuck to glowstone?

Pepperidge Farm does.
I was really hoping ladders would stick to sea lanterns, but still no go. If you don't mind losing one side to torches or levers, ladders stick at least to redstone lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
just wanted to say OMG BRAD IS HERE!!! welcome back <3 <3
Thanks Jack.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-01, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Not sure if directional sand is a thing, but it's fucking with me atm.
BTW, sand (both white and red) are smoothly flowing in a uniform direction in my pack. Because fuck that noise.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-01, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
So I totally lost track of time yesterday and didn't finish off all that I wanted, nor obviously did I knock out the upgrade. Sorry! Unless turtle wants to jump on it sooner, how about we upgrade this Friday?
I won't be on Friday night, but if it's Friday, then it's Friday.

Whichever day it is, I'm laying claim to a westerly exploration from Castle Whammerstein for an Ocean Monument.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-01, 20:47

I'm very cool with Friday being the upgrade day. This is a wild week for me overall and I don't want to deal with an imperfect upgrade should one happen. I have time to upgrade, but not troubleshoot if there were to be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

Whichever day it is, I'm laying claim to a westerly exploration from Castle Whammerstein for an Ocean Monument.
That ocean isn't going to be pruned. There are builds in there that belong to one of the ladies that I can't recall her name at this moment.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-01, 20:54

I didn't see my bridge from Bridgeport on your list. Did it now make the cut Brad?

Speaking of that, we wouldn't want to upgrade until you're done copying over and have time to prune the map again.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-12-01, 21:39

Ok, now I'm confused. Brad, can you post a pic of what you're referring to? It doesn't ring a bell to me.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-01, 21:42

Quote:
I didn't see my bridge from Bridgeport on your list. Did it now make the cut Brad?
Whoops, I forgot to mention it and just haven't gotten to copying yet. I'll go edit that list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. Brad, can you post a pic of what you're referring to? It doesn't ring a bell to me.
Maybe I misremember and it belonged to someone else?

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2014-12-01, 22:13

Nope, not mine.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-01, 22:48

Just so everyone is aware. I checked to be sure the terrain generation was unchanged and I was right. I spawned a new world with 1.8.1 and our seed and the map is the same less the areas we carried over from Cashout Cove. Some examples being my mansion that was new and the area east of Castle Whammerstein where the village area is. That is the same land as is there now.

So, looks like the ocean to search is south of the castle. And I noticed Mushroom Islands too!

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-02, 10:58

Quote:
That ocean isn't going to be pruned. There are builds in there that belong to one of the ladies that I can't recall her name at this moment.
Sorry. I meant East. I got my directions messed up. But I might head SE, too, toward the old mushroom islands. There was a lot of ocean there and if we use the same world seed, it will be easier hunting and less map explosion.

Although a new seed might be fun, too. However, we would know exactly where the Nether Hub portals lead with the existing seed.

I don't know. Dow what needs to be done, and we'll all just make it work.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-02, 11:54

Has the changeover happened yet?

Did all my money go away yet!!??

I wanted to buy a lot of the good stuff...

If not yet, when??!!

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-02, 11:58

Looks like Friday. Better log in and spend the goods while you got 'em!
¡Damned!

2014-12-02, 12:27

Brad, the ARoS ring could go into the mountains behind Mothra since those (well, the Western parts) are coming over with 1.8. Just a thought since it was in the tall mountains in Cactuar. Plus now that we have stained-glass panes Bryson may want to revisit it.

Otherwise I'd say put it above the Arts Centre.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-02, 23:22

Did something change? The enchanting table is now asking for Lapis. I thought that was a 1.8 thing?