Minecraft Earth!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft Earth!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-06-03, 14:36

Quote:
Sign up below to receive updates for the game, get your free skin for Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Bedrock, and for a chance to be one of the first to play Minecraft Earth. The skin is only available for a limited time, so sign up today!
Minecraft Earth
To play in the closed beta, you’ll need a mobile device that runs at least Android 7 or iOS 10. We’ll need your Microsoft or Xbox Live account, app store log-in, and answers to a few questions to complete your registration. Don’t have a Microsoft or Xbox Live account? No problem! You can create one for free.

Yay, I signed up. After giving up Pokemon Go I think this might be a fun way to play with my kids. Most of them still love Minecraft so I can't image it not being a hit. The keynote for WWDC demoing this really kind showed the game play and of course there have been a number of other articles out there about it too. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this IRL.

Here's the FAQ they posted at the site above as well.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-06-19, 22:04

Is my Minecraft username/password supposed to work? Because it doesn't (yet)

Did Minecraft change things up after Mojang? Hmm.....

Hmm.

I have an old Minecraft account.

There's a way to migrate it to a Mojang account.

Do I want to do that?

Discuss.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-06-19, 23:27

Nevermind.

Old Minecraft accounts were hackable.

Upgraded to Mojang account, more flexibility.

Got connected to Microsoft account.

Got token.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-06-20, 08:40

Well, it says that I will get a token.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-06-20, 09:48

Yeah, the signup for Earth is using your "Microsoft Live" account.

I actually signed everyone in my family up for the beta in hopes that at least a few of us get it. I've not heard anything yet though. Not expecting to for a while anyway.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-06-20, 10:13

This game would make sense to me if I was wearing goggles, but not on my phone screen—not big enough! I don't play the pocket edition for that reason, and this new thing makes even less sense.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-06-20, 15:12

I actually thought the same, but that doesn't mean I don't want to at least try it. If there is a cost then it would have to be really awesome to make it worth it. It just might be, it certainly has potential.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-09-05, 22:29

Has anyone gotten a beta invite yet? I'm kinda sad my family hasn't been picked at all.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-11-12, 13:16

I never did get into the Beta but early access is here now!

I just downloaded it and hoping to get a little time in with it.
samuelddarden
BANNED
I am a filthy spammer.

2020-05-18, 19:40

This game is free to-play, and are s3.amazonaws.com/clash-royale-pc/index.html accessible to anybody. This is a new kind and something different.

Smells like SPAM in here!

~ Kscherer

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-05-19 at 11:39.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-05-18, 19:41

What is nice samuelddarden?
KiraJhonson934
BANNED
I am a filthy spammer.

2022-04-09, 13:55

This is a very good opportunity to get free skin. I remember being hooked on this game by a friend a couple of years ago, and now I can't get rid of it. I was even looking for the right servers-minecraft.net/minecraft-skyblock-servers"]Minecraft skyblock servers for me. It was important that the server was comfortable to play and had no lag. There were very few, but the server automatically becomes a favorite when you find the right one. I still had all my close friends hooked on this game at that time. Today I am also an avid player, but there is not as much time to play as before.

Last edited by kscherer : 2022-04-13 at 16:47.
¡Damned!

2022-04-09, 16:40

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-04-09, 18:26

Given that Minecraft Earth is no more and there is no way to play it I would like to know how you are doing so well. It must still be running the those Toledo servers.

I will say that I really miss this game. It was actually really fun once they made it so you could play at home. The Adventures were a blast to play with others. In my case it was my family. We all enjoyed it. So sad they killed it. It really was cool.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-04-13, 16:47

How did I miss this? Can't have any creepers roaming the forums.
Shaohao

2022-05-11, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Given that Minecraft Earth is no more and there is no way to play it I would like to know how you are doing so well. It must still be running the those Toledo servers.

I will say that I really miss this game. It was actually really fun once they made it so you could play at home. The Adventures were a blast to play with others. In my case it was my family. We all enjoyed it. So sad they killed it. It really was cool.
Isn't there a way to bring it back? Or recreate it? Or perhaps start a similar project to give people a chance for a fresh start, build up a community including old members, and invite new people to the family as well? I would love to be a part of it and give a hand, of course!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-11, 08:58

Hey there Shaohao!

Sadly there is no way to bring it back. It was server based with Microsoft being the only ones to handle the servers. They never released the code for it so no one is able to run the servers on their own. On top of that, the app didn't allow for specifying what server you are connecting to.

Minecraft Earth was not like Minecraft Bedrock or Java.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-11, 10:50

Do they play Minecraft in Toledo? I've misplaced my guide.