Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Slime Infestations

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Slime Infestations
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-02-28, 22:53

This was in my lair under Mob Hill a couple of minutes ago. They're unkillable. They're unstoppable.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-06, 18:44

Wow, eggs don't work against slimes. I pissed this big guy off by launching 16 eggs into him. It didn't do anything but make chickens.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-03-06, 21:33

16 eggs??? I could have made so much cake with that!
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-03-06, 22:07

Slimes suck! A simple trip to retrieve some lava in a well lit cave became a mad dash scramble back to recover dropped items when a baby slime pushed me into lava.

Just the principle of them sucks -- you could occupy a significant fraction of the servers allowed malevolent mobs by attacking a slime.

Until this is all cleared up, i need to find closer to surface sources of lava. also: i wonder what mushroom crater looks like.

Oh and Maciej: are you returning to your estate at some point in the future?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-08, 00:15

So tonight was death by slime night! I ended my fight against the slimes with this bad boy! 4x4 slime! REALLY?!?!

They are such a pain though these baddies are grateful!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2011-03-08 at 00:36.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-03-08, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
There is no stopping them. Communal trap bottom may need to be slime proofed...
Ring of cactus?
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-03-08, 00:36

Isn't the altitude sufficient to stop spawning?
Or has that changed?
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-03-08, 00:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Isn't the altitude sufficient to stop spawning?
Or has that changed?
The bottom of the collector area is actually at bedrock... and given their seeming advanced path finding algorithm compared to the other mobs, i wouldn't put it past them to find their way up.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-03-08, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Ring of cactus?
not a bad suggestion: a single wall of cactus at one of the platforms may be sufficient... i am going to look into blocking the ladder. ugh... i wanted to sleep... but this needs to get done...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-08, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
The bottom of the collector area is actually at bedrock... and given their seeming advanced path finding algorithm compared to the other mobs, i wouldn't put it past them to find their way up.
Yeah, this guy managed to follow us up a ladder and then to my door. See that thing a few posts up! It has death written all over it. Cost me a diamond sword, pick and watch among other lesser items.

I hadn't thought of the pressure plate being the problem. It's going to be going now though for sure.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-03-08, 01:03

I need to read about these slimes... I know nothing about them.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-08, 01:31

Ok, one more:

Bryson, meet slimes:

Sadly, this event crippled my trap. I hope I can repair it. I just need the slimes to hold out long enough for me to do so. I did cordon off the baddies with dirt clods though.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-03-08, 02:24

The perfect quote on the screenshot, too!

Sorry, I think the slimes pushed me close enough that I set off the gang of creepers in the trap.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-03-08, 02:41

No problem on the trap. It's mostly fixed now. I noticed some more places I need to put glass, but I'm not going there until the update fixes our invincible slime issue.

It's not bad enough that they won't die but the sheer numbers of them are insane. Really kills working in the lower mines.

BB, I have slimes in the second level too. If I were to move the grinder section it'd have to be to the third level to be free some slimes.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-04-06, 13:55

Someting odd, i was wandering around on lunch today and i could not find /any/ hostile mobs. not in the trap or in the dark woods, it was very strange.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-06, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Someting odd, i was wandering around on lunch today and i could not find /any/ hostile mobs. not in the trap or in the dark woods, it was very strange.
I've seen this multiple times now, for far longer than the occasional lapse used to be. I'm guessing it's a bug in 1.4.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-04-10, 15:23

So I think bbsky was right about the hostile mobs being related to an error with slimes.
Trap dried up again and i put on some xray specs, heres what i found at the bottom of the stairs of insanity:

Click to bigger-inate:
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-10, 16:21

So after seeing this post I B-Lined to the Stairs and went to battle.

I killed off every single one of them! Then after eating much pork (good thing I'm Paleo! ) I headed to the communal trap. The trap was totally silent when I got here but now I'm seeing activity. Not massive mind you, but activity. It would have been better to have someone here though because the trap wouldn't normally be active while I'm that far away. At the time I got to the trap, 709 had just logged off leaving only me on the server.

Few lessons learned:
1) Aim for the base of big slimes. Seems their target area is the bottom blocks. I had plenty of chances to test this theory.
2) Slimes aren't client side anymore. In the past a game exit and reentry would make the smile go away, not so anymore. The slimes were exactly as posted in the image two up. This shows they are now server side completely.
3) Armor does little against these things. Just don't let them touch you! Aim for the base.
4) Keep lots of cooked pork handy if you're going after a hoard of them like I just did!

So who else has mines this deep near BP?