AppleNova Minecraft Server

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 49 of 49 First Previous 45 46 47 48 [49]  Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-09, 21:01

Just died for the first time in Applenovaland. Because of lag. Raced to where I died to try to get my stuff back. Couldn't get there, because of lag β€” the world literally would not load. The experience was profoundly frustrating.

I'm not sure I should play online until I can get faster webs. But I'm not sure how I'm going to. There's only one option for cable internet in my area and that's Comcast and they're much more expensive. I could pay more for a better WiMax plan but there's no guarantee I'd get better speeds.

I actually didn't have much on me, but I lost my trusty diamond pick and all the rose dye I went way up north to search for today. In short,

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-09, 21:12

I lost a LOT of good stuff when I died... some AMAZING things that I miss dearly... but I'm doing okay, even though my diamond pick died recently. I got to thinking tonight how none of the buildings are very colorful and got to thinking about your question about dyed wool and was wondering if I could use it as pattern blocks in the paving of my treetop walk to give a feeling of movement for the traveler so it doesn't feel like a never-ending walkway to forever... blue blocks, yellow blocks, green, etc. - you totally have to clad your place in colorful wool, it will be the talk of the town.

Of course, with all the gay bars going in you know that I'm going to respond with a raunchy strip club... right? Total bare vaginas. Those creepers are in for a major makeover....

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-09, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I got to thinking tonight how none of the buildings are very colorful and got to thinking about your question about dyed wool and was wondering if I could use it as pattern blocks in the paving of my treetop walk to give a feeling of movement for the traveler so it doesn't feel like a never-ending walkway to forever... blue blocks, yellow blocks, green, etc. - you totally have to clad your place in colorful wool, it will be the talk of the town.
I have a feeling Bridgeport is about to get a bit more colorful.

I died trying to kill a squid (for its dye, of course). How lame is that? No, seriously, how lame is that?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2011-04-09, 21:34

Lamer than a one legged dog going in circles.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-09, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Lamer than a one legged dog going in circles.
:O

Poor dog

I just feel blah about the setback, is all. Plus, I think I got all the roses within a large radius of my fort, and now they're gone. But you all had a week's setback, so my wasted day is nothin'. I'll probably want to play Minecraft again in the morning

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-10, 01:08

I assume there will be a monument built in our honor, eventually, after we're dead?

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-10, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Robo: You have mail - check the PO.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Hey all: we have passive spawns again!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
The CPU has been ordered
Yay!

Thanks everyone who had money and contributed. I'm sure the new processor will be suh-weet!

Where is your Tool Shed and Armory, turtle?

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-10, 08:32

On the other side of the planet!!

Follow the skybridge away from and behind Scrooge McBrad's place....

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-10, 09:24

Turtle National Park is as far East as you see on the big map. Take the skyway from Bridgeport to Olde Town and then follow the skyway North. Take your second right and then prop something on your "W" key so you can watch a movie or something while your guy is running there.

Or you could wait until me or Mrs T is on and warp out.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-10, 13:56

I've made it to the sign (to the right) which says "Turtle National Park" and this walkway has already taken me 8 minutes with no end in sight.... is this the way there? We'll find out. If not, might want to add a sign to tell people to keep heading north to get to Turtleland.

EDIT: yup, this was the correct choice!

Love the natural arches... thought about exploring them but decided to err on the side of being chicken and am headed home.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

Last edited by drewprops : 2011-04-10 at 14:15.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-10, 15:01

Yeah, it's way out there. We were wandering a while ago and found the arch. We had to set up camp there because it's just so awesome!