Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Windows Printer Sharing

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Windows Printer Sharing
dfj225

2004-08-04, 09:49

Hello,

I have an iBook at home that is on a network with other Windows computers. I have a Canon i850 printer connected to a Windows box. I would like to be able to print from the printer using Windows sharing, but I haven't had much success.

I have been able to print something from the printer from my iBook, however I'm sure I wasn't using the correct driver and the fonts came out wrong. What I have tried was to install the printer driver and connect it through USB and that worked fine.

Now with the correct driver installed on my iBook I had hoped that I could print over the network correctly, but so far I still haven't been able to. I think it is just a matter of selecting the correct driver and I noticed the option to pick my own driver to use for the printer in the setup screens.

So, any advice? Or at least does anyone know where to look on my hard drive for the driver that was installed? I think if I find the correct driver I should be able to get it working.

Thanks in advance,
~doug

Last edited by dfj225 : 2004-08-04 at 15:06.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-08-04, 21:46

What OS is each computer running? 10.3 to a Win XP shared printer should be really easy, it would just show up as part of the shared printers list that you would choose from.
dfj225

2004-08-04, 21:57

The computer with the printer is Windows XP Home and my iBook runs 10.3. Choosing the printer is not hard...it does show up in the list. However, after selecting that printer in the printer model drop down list, the correct model does not show up. I do have the correct driver on my iBook somewhere, it is just a matter of associating the network printer with the correct driver.