User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Ipod Shuffle question Help!(!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Ipod Shuffle question Help!(!
zman2005

2005-03-01, 20:39

Hey all, My mom just got an IPOD SHUFFLE, I have an Ipod but she got the SHUFFLE. Anyways, she took the shuffle to my sisters house in college, she doesn't know crap about this stuff so she asked my sister to put songs on it that she likes. NOW.... my mom is back home and wants to add some songs to it from a old CD. I uninstalled all my ITUNES and reinstalled it with the disk that came with the SHUFFLE. I then plugged the shuffle into the computer and excited as I was itunes opened up and it says
" the shuffle has been used on another itunes, do you want to erase all songs and load songs from the exsisting library?"

Well no, I don't because my mom likes the 60 songs that my sister at college gave her but she wants to add more, at HOME. So how do I add more songs for her using the house computer. We live a long ways away from my sister in College and she can't go back there anytime soon????? WTF is apple so scared of sharing songs that they only allow you to use the IPOD at one location. Please help, I am supose to be the expert at the house and felt dumb with not being able to figure out this lilttle/big problem. Thanks
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-01, 21:15

Mac or Windows?

For Mac: iPodRip

For Windows: Do a google search.

It's completely doable. You just need to take the time to search for it.
zman2005

2005-03-02, 07:44

Windows, what do you recommend i search for?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-03-02, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2005
Windows, what do you recommend i search for?
"getting songs off ipod" worked for me. This seemed informative.

If you had clicked the link in my previous post, you would have found the above article 4th on the result list.
zman2005

2005-03-02, 22:53

thanks for the hlep i got it. Apple so tricky, making the files invisible......wow
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-03-02, 23:00

talk to your local RIAA representative about that one. Apple has to make it at least somewhat hard to get the songs off to the RIAA approval to sell songs via iTunes Music Store.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-03-02, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2005
thanks for the hlep i got it. Apple so tricky, making the files invisible......wow
I *know*. Sheesh. Imagine that they wouldn't want you to be easily able to use the iPod to move music from computer to computer. And it was SO SO hard to find an answer on google. I practically had to get a cipher out to think of that search string.

Come on, you've got to understand the sentiment here: if you could just plug your iPod into any computer and move music to and from it without any problems, it would be very bad for Apple's rep as a legitimate source of music.
wuf

Send a message via AIM to wuf Send a message via MSN to wuf  
2005-03-02, 23:31

Quote:
Come on, you've got to understand the sentiment here: if you could just plug your iPod into any computer and move music to and from it without any problems, it would be very bad for Apple's rep as a legitimate source of music.
On the other hand, you can take app's that cost tons of money from computer to computer and install them (yes, i know it's illegal). Maybe we shouldn't give adobe or macromedia any ideas though.

"Have you hugged your Mac today?"
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-03-03, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuf
On the other hand, you can take app's that cost tons of money from computer to computer and install them (yes, i know it's illegal). Maybe we shouldn't give adobe or macromedia any ideas though.
If you've got the CD, it's no different. Is it easy when you've installed the program on the computer to transfer it? Nor should it be.
wuf

Send a message via AIM to wuf Send a message via MSN to wuf  
2005-03-03, 00:21

I agree. Stealing is stealing. And it shouldn't be made 'easy' to do.
Music is a lot different than software though, so that was a bad example. I'm not even gonna touch on the whole, "well, with tapes, everyone could copy everyone elses music!" As it is now, if you are going to exchange music with folks, just drop 25 cents and put it on a cd and give it to them.

"Have you hugged your Mac today?"