User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Good News and Bad News (random statement)


Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Good News and Bad News (random statement)
Thread Tools
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-15, 20:50

Good news is, there are at least 5 of my friends that have bought an iBook or PowerBook for college. Those are people new to macs. Hell the one girl didn't even know it didn't run windows, but oh well, that's 5 new people!

Two...how the hell do you tell somone they have no design sense? Or taste.

How I want my sight to look, and have the front page similar.
http://24.229.74.113:2222/intouch/

How he wants the front page to look, and a site he has made before:
http://24.229.74.113:2222/pictures/image.jpg
http://www.easdpa.org/elementary/lincoln/default.htm


Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-08-15 at 22:04.
  quote
709
¬°Damned!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Purgatory
 
2004-08-15, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Two...how the hell do you tell somone they have no design sense? Or taste.
I'm not sure if you're referring to link #1 or #2...or both.
  quote
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NSA Archives
 
2004-08-15, 21:08

To be honest, both variants are pretty short on design and long on the 1995 "Mosaic" look. Just say no to the "inverted L".
  quote
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-15, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709
I'm not sure if you're referring to link #1 or #2...or both.
The 2nd two. I know mine (the first) isn't great, but it's not as ugly as his two...or I don't think.

Edit: Oops. Fixed it, I had the wrong link for my design. Better now I hope? Basically mine is a mix between applenova/insider and adiumx.com
  quote
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NSA Archives
 
2004-08-16, 08:59

Yah definitely better than the first link you posted. More design-savvy. I thought maybe you had posted the wrong link because the two were so similar.

Side note: on a personal level I am not a fan of brightly colored backgrounds(though your gradient does mitigate that a little) for web pages. As a general rule, the border areas / backdrops are best left a relatively uniform, darker color so as to bring your eye to the brighter (central) parts of the page (where the content is hopefully). But there's no right or wrong here, just conveying an opinion on the color.

The CSS looks pretty good so far too.

...into the light of a dark black night.
  quote
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-08-16, 09:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Yah definitely better than the first link you posted. More design-savvy. I thought maybe you had posted the wrong link because the two were so similar.

Side note: on a personal level I am not a fan of brightly colored backgrounds(though your gradient does mitigate that a little) for web pages. As a general rule, the border areas / backdrops are best left a relatively uniform, darker color so as to bring your eye to the brighter (central) parts of the page (where the content is hopefully). But there's no right or wrong here, just conveying an opinion on the color.

The CSS looks pretty good so far too.
Thanks. Yeah, well when you register you have the ability to choose from three different colors. Of course all of them are bright

It's not hard to make new themes, so I'll do that with a darker style. I just like happier colors.
  quote
Posting Rules Navigation
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Post Reply

Forum Jump
Thread Tools

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2020, AppleNova