Halloween Costumes?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Halloween Costumes?
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2007-10-21, 23:41

So what is everyone doing for halloween? first year in college means it's cool to dress up again

I'm ordering my gear to be jack bauer right now...

Other (good) ideas I've heard:

V (it's a pretty badass costume, and my friend memorized the speech)
Soulja Boy
a Spartan
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-21, 23:53

I know this is geeky as can be, but a year or so ago I designed a really cool Boba Fett-inspired costume. Like someone from that same era/army, just different colored armor and weapons (gold, copper, crimson red, khaki, etc.), and he was an archer/crossbow user (lasers, of course). My "backstory" was that he was slightly trained in the Jedi arts, so, of course, he's got a bad-ass light saber (stolen off a Jedi he dicked-over and killed?) dangling from his belt (orange-bladed, of course).

But still the Fett helmet, body armor, shoulder cape, gauntlets, etc. It let me be that character (or someone like him, with that same cool vibe), but without having to get all nutty and exact with the real Boba Fett costuming (which people get really exacting and over-the-top on). I figure between Home Depot and an army surplus store (and a plastic unpainted replica helmet), I could do something pretty bitchin'.

I drew it all out, spec'd some of the components to build the various doodads (chest pieces, little hoses and wires, etc.), etc. and then got distracted by life.

Someday...

Then again, I could just go the Drew route and break out the HP and Xerox cardboard boxes.

I did the same thing with a Batman costume...a cool 40's era type deal, with vaguely military touches Leather and canvas utility belt, thigh holster for batarangs, split cape for true "batwings" effect, no yellow oval, textured grey cloth suit, very pointed, scary cowl and ungodly ears, reflective lenses, etc.
johnny5w

2007-10-22, 00:21

I kinda want to be Old Gregg this Halloween.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-10-22, 00:32

I was going to wear a blue set of Pajamas, a blue balaclava and stick half ping-pong balls to every joint. Then tell people that they're going to CGI in an awesome costume in Post.....
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-10-22, 00:39

I want to go as a D.E.A. agent, but need to find a costume. So far the only choice is to dress like a whore. I don't think I'm down with that.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-10-22, 00:40

me and some of my buddies were thinking about just getting some black suits and going as the guys from reservoir dogs
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-22, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
I want to go as a D.E.A. agent, but need to find a costume. So far the only choice is to dress like a whore. I don't think I'm down with that.
You could probably pull it off with just sunglasses, and the right hat and T-shirt:

http://www.copshoes.com/p-JW-DEASA.html

http://www.copshoes.com/p-JWT-DEASA.html
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-10-22, 09:19

I'm thinking of going the zombie route this year. I wanted to do something with the 'Scream' mask from Scary Movie

but I'm going to be playing that night and might need to be able to see what's going on around me.
iThink therefore iMac

2007-10-22, 09:24

Last year I was a kissing booth. It was fun to make and made the night fun! I am still deciding what to do this year...but I want to be creative again.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-10-22, 09:36

f(x) = slutty(x)
x=character, idea, person
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-10-22, 12:33

you could go as freddy, Mikey, Jason, or leatherface, for your fill of horror films. For your fill of corp executives steve jobs, or balmer and the year before last I went as donald trump, I have blonde hair, so I blew it out and made it kinda stand up, and wore a suit. But last year my friend went as a disgruntled elf, and I went as Shirley Schmidt from Boston Legal, or if you watch the show Shirley Schmidt-ho. This year i was thinking of going as a playboy bunny, or a martini girl i have a week to decide
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2007-10-22, 14:50

Minstrel.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-22, 15:16

It would be fun - and easy - to go as Britney Spears. So many things you could do, even as a guy out for laughs, to nail that costume!

Starbucks cup and car keys in one hand, bag of Cheetos in the other, two toddler dolls hanging on your back (or dragged behind you on a leash), big pie-plate sunglasses, a really bad, crooked wig, bare midriff with tummy pooching out, some sort of play on the whole "ah ain't got no panties on" angle, etc.

I'm betting a lot of people will do something like this, she's been in the news so much lately and is such an easy target with so many angles to work with for a costume. She's a walking trainwreck and makes it easy...
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2007-10-23, 20:34

Sweet, I'm good to go for Friday. Now all I need is a cop 'stache.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-23, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
Sweet, I'm good to go for Friday. Now all I need is a cop 'stache.
Saturday, not Friday.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2007-10-23, 21:44

Whatever.
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2007-10-24, 11:16

well all my stuff has shipped as of today... now I'm hoping against all hope that the USPS can be dependable... a mistake, I know.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-10-24, 16:01

I'm going as the fucking Devil.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-10-24, 16:03

The fucking-Devil? Are you bringing a blow up doll as a prop?
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-10-24, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
The fucking-Devil? Are you bringing a blow up doll as a prop?
Uhm, no.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-28, 03:46

I will post a picture eventually, but let's just say that before this weekend, I knew alcimedes only online... but now we've met in person with plenty of eat, drink and be merry, and Halloween costumed together, and even Radiated together.

He made a hell of a DEA agent... and it was all about the Cheezy 70's Reno 911 Cop Mustache.
Eugene
careful with axes

2007-10-28, 04:27

I'm going as Cher...again......................
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2007-10-29, 20:58

I'll have to confiscate that ma'am.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 00:41

You're going to have to lose the top, ma'am, or I'll eat your face.

(that line probably would have worked on the Slutty Sailor waitress)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1698.jpg (81.1 KB, 82 views)
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 00:45

No photo yet, but alci's friend with the Trading Places blackface and dreads really rounded out our trio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1700.jpg (79.7 KB, 82 views)
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 00:46

Oh, and one of the guitarists was playing this:

with the pink tutu and HK headgear to match
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-30, 00:58

Unbelievably, we're playing a gig Halloween night at a little acoustic pub place...fell into our lap, not even seeking it. Our singer, for some unknown reason (but I'm not complaining), has decided she's going as Jessica Rabbit ( ) and she's buying the three of us rabbit ears to wear. Which is fine because I really wasn't wanting to try and put together a costume on such short notice. But I can put on some silly bunny ears for a set or two to help with the vibe.

Jessica and the Rabbits?

Man, her butt is going to look so good...I got a verbal description of the dress/wig at rehearsal earlier this evening. Needless to say, I can't wait for Wednesday night!

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 01:00

I like it because she doesn't have to go as "Slutty Jessica Rabbit"....

...because Jessica Rabbit is a slutty as they come in the original version

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-10-30, 01:02

She's not bad, she's just drawn that way.

She'll fill out the sequin dress just fine. Should be a fun night. This place is a lot of fun (played there last week), and it should be a feast for the eyes Wednesday, all the costumed, drunken revelers. Debuting some new tunes, reworked some older ones, jettisoned a few duds, bringing along some extra guitars (12-string and an alternate-tuned one for a couple of CSN&Y goodies), etc.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2007-10-30, 01:03

You should just go with it, Paul.... maybe borrow some eyeliner to draw on some bunny whiskers, and even a fake bunny nose shouldn't be too hard to find.