User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
bad bad day
Roland

2006-01-10, 22:26

what a horrible day.

So I drop off my Mac Mini that I've sold to get one of the new iBooks or a new Mac Mini, cash the 430 Euros and go home on the subway. Now once I've home I realize that the 430 are just missing from my bag(!).
In addition to that my iPod shuffle also got stolen a week ago. Now I have absolutely no money to get a new Mac (planned on selling the shuffle too.. every euro counts) and Apple hasn't really made my life any easier with not introducing new iBooks or Mac Minis.

Now I am a poor student who just payed his university fees and had this really nice little financial plan to get a new mini or laptop, but now all of a sudden I am Mac (for at least 6 month) and iPod less (terrible I use the subway every day)?

I wonder what I've done to deserve this. I am still puzzled

Last edited by Roland : 2006-01-10 at 22:46.
Performa636CD

2006-01-11, 01:06

Life is full of random, unfair events. For everyone that gets screwed (like you did today) there's someone else who hits the jackpot. The Law of Averages evens things out. I suppose all you can do is look back on these series of unfortunate events, see if any mistakes were made, and try to learn from them.

That's my philosophy rant for today
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-01-11, 10:14

Would someone finding his money be considered someone that "hit the jackpot?"
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2006-01-11, 13:21

Shit.

That's rough.

But on the bright side, I bet you'll be so much more careful with your money and personal possessions here after.