User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

How much have you spent in the iTunes Music Store? v4

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: How much have you spent at the iTunes Music Store?
The iTMS is not available to me. $0 8 29.63%
I refuse to even make an account. $0 0 0%
I have chosen not to use it, but I have gotten free music. $0 2 7.41%
I have made a few purchases to try it out. <$10 0 0%
I use it sparingly, only things that are too hard to find on Poisoned. $10-$50 4 14.81%
I use it Monthly. $50-$100 8 29.63%
I use it Weekly. $100-$500 3 11.11%
I use it Daily. $500-$2000 1 3.70%
I'm addicted and can't help myself, one-click be damned!! $2000+ 0 0%
All the other options suck, so I chose this one. 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

How much have you spent in the iTunes Music Store? v4
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-09, 00:57

Well, its been a while since I've done this (v1, v2, v3) and a lot has changed. The iTMS has been open for over a year and has been open to windows for almost 8 months now. Close to 5 million songs were given away with Pepsi and other promotions and two songs were given away every week for the past month (and will continue indefinitely...)

It will open to most of Europe in about a week, Canada and Australia not too soon after...

So far I have purchased $83.63; 512.6MB; 131 songs; 8 hours, 23 minutes, and 37 seconds of downloaded music... (that includes free songs... which come out to about two/fifths of the total)

How to get your total purchase amount: go to your iTunes account page by clicking on your email address in the top right hand corner of the iTMS. You will be prompted for your password and your account page will pop up... There should be a "purchase history" button and the resulting page will list all of your iTMS purchases... you should be able to eyeball it from there but you could be anal like I am and use Calculator.app to add up all the totals .

How much have you spent?

I'll try to keep a running tally as people post the exact amounts...

$100.70

what I've gotten thusfar:
Code:
James Josh Rouse 1972 Accidentally In Love Counting Crows Accidentally In Love - Single Totalimmortal A.F.I. All Hallow's - EP Hold On To Me Courtney Love America's Sweetheart Surrender Less Than Jake Anthem Smooth Criminal Alien Ant Farm Anthology TV Song Blue Man Group Audio Opening Mandelbrot Blue Man Group Audio Synaesthetic Blue Man Group Audio Utne Wire Man Blue Man Group Audio Rods and Cones Blue Man Group Audio Tension 2 Blue Man Group Audio Mandelgroove Blue Man Group Audio PVC IV Blue Man Group Audio Club Nowhere Blue Man Group Audio Drumbone Blue Man Group Audio Shadows Blue Man Group Audio Cat Video Blue Man Group Audio Klein Mandelbrot Blue Man Group Audio Endless Column Blue Man Group Audio Love Buzz Nirvana Bleach You Don't Have To Be Strong Breanna Breanna - EP Desert Sunrise Brett Dennen Brett Dennen Suffragette City The Get Up Kids Eudora Regret The Get Up Kids Eudora Newfound Mass (2000) The Get Up Kids Eudora Pavement Cracks (Gabriel & Dresden Mixshow Edit) Annie Lennox Exclusive Run Snow Patrol Final Straw Try Nelly Furtado Folklore Maria Moita Rosalia de Souza Garota Moderna 10:15 Saturday Night The Living End Hellbound I Feel Love (Jason Nevin's Big Room Remix) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Jason Nevin's Big Room Radio Edit) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Jason Nevin's Electromagnetic Remix) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Blue Man Group Radio Edit) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Shanghai Surprise Mix) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Jason Nevin's Big Room Dub) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (The Professionals Mix Featuring Rob Swift and Anthony Saffery) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Human Mix) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Feel Love (Kap 10 Kurt Mix) Blue Man Group I Feel Love I Fought The Law Green Day I Fought The Law - Single Wake Up Older (Sessions@AOL) [Bonus Track] Julie Roberts Julie Roberts Jesus is Alive and Well (And Living in Mexico) Audio Karate Lady Melody Party At the Lexington Queen Audio Karate Lady Melody Hey Maria Audio Karate Lady Melody Ms. Foreign Friendly Audio Karate Lady Melody A Whole Lotta Weight Audio Karate Lady Melody Catch and Release Audio Karate Lady Melody Gypsyqueen Audio Karate Lady Melody Lady Melody Audio Karate Lady Melody Aim to Please Audio Karate Lady Melody Get What You Deserve Inc. Audio Karate Lady Melody Who Brings a Knife to a Gun Fight Audio Karate Lady Melody Maps Yeah Yeah Yeahs Maps - EP Get Out Of My Dreams (Get In To My Car) Fenix TX NASCAR On Fox - Crank It Up Summer Of '69 MxPx On The Cover It's Tricky Bloodhound Gang One Fierce Beer Coaster La Wally, Drama Lirica in Quattro Atti: Ebben? Ne Andr… Lontana London Philharmonic Orchestra, Ren?e Fleming & Sir Charles Mackerras Ren?e Fleming Go Your Own Way NOFX S & M Airlines Just Like Heaven Blatant Finger Sit & Spin The Boys Of Summer The Ataris So Long, Astoria French Connection Simon Stinger Some Kinda Voodoo I Love Rock 'n Roll Ghoti Hook Songs We Didn't Write Rosemead Audio Karate Space Camp Drama Club Romance Audio Karate Space Camp Nintendo 89 Audio Karate Space Camp Halfway Decent Audio Karate Space Camp Hello St. Louis Audio Karate Space Camp Monster in Disguise Audio Karate Space Camp Car Ride Home Audio Karate Space Camp Senior Year Audio Karate Space Camp One Day Audio Karate Space Camp San Jose Audio Karate Space Camp Jason Audio Karate Space Camp T-San Audio Karate Space Camp Faithful Fons Still Alive Price I Pay Jane's Addiction Strays Take Me Away Avril Lavigne Take Me Away - Single My Hero The Foo Fighters The Colour And The Shape Above Blue Man Group The Complex Time To Start Blue Man Group The Complex Up To The Roof (Ft. Tracy Bonham) Blue Man Group The Complex Persona (Ft. Josh Haden) Blue Man Group The Complex Piano Smasher Blue Man Group The Complex The Current (Ft. Gavin Rossdale) Blue Man Group The Complex Shadows, Pt. 2 (Ft. Arone Dyer & Peter Moore) Blue Man Group The Complex What Is Rock (Ft. Peter Moore) Blue Man Group The Complex The Complex (Ft. Venus Hum) Blue Man Group The Complex I Feel Love (Ft. Tracy Bonham & Rob Swift) Blue Man Group The Complex Exhibit 13 - Mandelbrot, No. 4 (Hidden Track) Blue Man Group The Complex The Greatest Planet Asia feat. Rasco The Grand Opening We're Not Gonna Take It (Endless) Endless The Loudest Times: An 80's Metal Tribute I Never Promised You A Rose Garden The Suicide Machines The Suicide Machines All at Sea Jamie Cullum Twentysomething U Lied Crea U Lied - Single Concerto No.1 in E Major, Rv.269 'Spring', I. Allegro A. Vivaldi, Vivaldi & Herbert von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.1 in E Major, Rv.269 'Spring', II. Largo E Pianissimo Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.1 in E Major, Rv.269 'Spring', III. Danza Pastorale - Allegro Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.2 in G Minor, Rv.315 'Summer', I. Allegro Non Molto Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.2 in G Minor, Rv.315 'Summer', II. Adagio Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.2 in G Minor, Rv.315 'Summer', III. L'orage (Presto) Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.3 in F Major, Rv.293 'Autumn', I. Allegro Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.3 in F Major, Rv.293 'Autumn', II. Adagio Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.3 in F Major, Rv.293 'Autumn', III. Allegro Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.4 in F Minor, Rv.297 'Winter', I. Allegro Non Molto Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.4 in F Minor, Rv.297 'Winter', II. Largo Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Concerto No.4 in F Minor, Rv.297 'Winter', III. Allegro Herbert Von Karajan Vivaldi: The Four Seansons Bone Machine Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Nimrod's Son Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies The Holiday Song Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Caribou Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Broken Face Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Gigantic (Single Version) Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Vamos (Surfer Rosa) Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Hey Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Monkey Gone To Heaven Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Debaser Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Gouge Away Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Wave of Mutilation Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Here Comes Your Man Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Tame Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Where Is My Mind? Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Into the White Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Velouria Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Allison Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Dig for Fire Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies U-Mass Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Alec Eiffel Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Planet Of Sound Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Winterlong Pixies Wave Of Mutilation - Best Of Pixies Yeah! New York (Non-Album Track) Yeah Yeah Yeahs Yeah! New York - Single
/way too much information...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)

Last edited by Paul : 2004-06-09 at 19:05. Reason: changed quote to code
¡Damned!

2004-06-09, 01:04

A whopping $1.98!!!

Quote:
N.E.R.D. - Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix Edit)
The Sundays - Wild Horses
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2004-06-09, 01:12

I've spent around $20. I bought a Album, and a few singles. I have also downloaded every free song they offered.

Poisoned? Don't use that much anymore. I am sifting through gigabytes of (legally) downloaded music from MP3.com.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-06-09, 04:53

"The iTMS is not available to me. $0"

It's gonna be very interesting to see what the iTMS does to my spending habits. I've never been in to buying CDs because I always found them too expensive/to much hassle to get/listened to the radio instead/borrowed CDs from other people. I currently have 3444 songs in my iTunes Library and the songs that I actually own on CD can't make up more than 500 songs of that -- the rest is from borrowed CDs.

However, since I've had access to free broadband at university, I've been visiting the iTMS regularly, using it as a database, d/l the music videos, listening to 30-sec clips etc (The iTMS doesn't stream videos/trailers to your computer, rather it d/l them to a hidden temp file on your computer, deleting them when you leave the video page. Just do a command-F search of hidden folders for QuickTimeTempPlugin, IIRC.)

If I stay at my brothers' this summer (brothers=cable+broadband ), I might be very tempted to spend far too much money. Oh dear... Well, I've got at least ten years of music purchasing to catch up on I spose. Ahh.... the first stage is self-justification...

bouncy bouncy
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-06-09, 05:22

This includes the free songs, but...

Code:
Pavement Cracks (Gabriel & Dresden Mixshow Edit) Annie Lennox Take Me Away (Pre-Release Single) Avril Lavigne You Don't Have to Be Strong Breanna Accidentally In Love Counting Crows Hold On to Me Courtney Love U Lied Crea My Hero Foo Fighters Inaudible Melodies Jack Johnson Middle Man Jack Johnson Posters Jack Johnson Sexy Plexi Jack Johnson Flake Jack Johnson Bubble Toes Jack Johnson Fortunate Fool Jack Johnson The News Jack Johnson Drink the Water Jack Johnson Mudfootball (For Moe Lerner) Jack Johnson F-Stop Blues Jack Johnson Losing Hope Jack Johnson It's All Understood Jack Johnson Times Like These Jack Johnson The Horizon Has Been Defeated (Single Version) Jack Johnson Traffic in the Sky Jack Johnson Taylor Jack Johnson Gone Jack Johnson Cupid Jack Johnson Wasting Time Jack Johnson Holes to Heaven Jack Johnson Dreams Be Dreams Jack Johnson Tomorrow Morning Jack Johnson By the Way Jack Johnson Cookie Jar Jack Johnson Rodeo Clowns Jack Johnson Cocoon Jack Johnson Mediocre Bad Guys Jack Johnson Symbol in My Driveway Jack Johnson Price I Pay Jane's Addiction James Josh Rouse Wake Up Older (Sessions@AOL) [Bonus Track] Julie Roberts Try Nelly Furtado Now (Intro) OAR Dareh Meyod OAR Risen OAR Right On Time OAR Mr. Moon OAR Revisited OAR Hey Girl OAR James OAR Coalminer OAR Old Man Time OAR Anyway OAR Road Outside Columbus OAR Any Time Now OAR Whose Chariot? OAR The Greatest Planet Asia feat. Rasco Mayberry Rascal Flatts Maria Moita Rosalia de Souza Faith I Do Believe Rusted Root Heaven Rusted Root Sister Contine Rusted Root Virtual Reality Rusted Root Infinite Space Rusted Root Voodoo Rusted Root Dangle Rusted Root Silver-N-Gold Rusted Root Baby Will Raam Rusted Root Bullets in the Fire Rusted Root Who Do You Tell It To Rusted Root River in a Cage Rusted Root Scattered Rusted Root Circle of Remembrance Rusted Root French Connection Simon Stinger Run Snow Patrol Samba DeGreeley The String Cheese Incident Come As You Are The String Cheese Incident Restless Wind The String Cheese Incident On the Road The String Cheese Incident Road Home The String Cheese Incident Galactic The String Cheese Incident 100 Year Flood The String Cheese Incident MLT The String Cheese Incident Got What He Wanted The String Cheese Incident 'Round the Wheel The String Cheese Incident Good Times Around the Bend The String Cheese Incident Outside and Inside The String Cheese Incident Joyful Sound The String Cheese Incident Close Your Eyes The String Cheese Incident Search The String Cheese Incident Drifting The String Cheese Incident Black and White The String Cheese Incident Lost The String Cheese Incident Latinissmo The String Cheese Incident Sing a New Song The String Cheese Incident Rollover The String Cheese Incident Up the Canyon The String Cheese Incident
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-09, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus
Just do a command-F search of hidden folders for QuickTimeTempPlugin, IIRC.)
the path is
Code:
/private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/
I have an alias to this folder on my desktop all you have to do is move and rename the files...
(the # 501 is your user's ID number from the NetInfo Directory... if you are the only user on your account it is 501, but it may be something else)

I even keep those music videos organized in iTunes also, I just have to hit CMD-R to open it in quicktime... I suppose I could make an applescript to do the same...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)

Last edited by Paul : 2004-06-09 at 17:36.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-09, 16:51

I pretty much get all my new music from iTMS, I've only been to a record store twice since I started using iTMS. So...too much.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-06-09, 16:54

will edit this when i get home and check the numbers...but about 700 songs...about 40 percent albums....60 percent singles....wide range from indie stuff (the handsome family, american analog set, the fruit bats) to mainstream (justin timberlake, outkast)

g

673 songs, 2.9 days, 3 gb at home
about 60 songs purchased at work

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2004-06-09 at 18:37.
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2004-06-09, 17:39

I use it way too much.

I've got 420 :smokey: purchased songs. Almost all of those are in the form of albums and I am too lazy to add up all I've spent. But I've slowed down a lot recently. My last paid purchase was the beginning of April.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
SledgeHammer

2004-06-09, 18:07

$15.09 (1 album, one exclusives collection) plus 17 free songs.
EDS66

2004-06-09, 20:20

Nada.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2004-06-09, 20:20

I need to edit my vote. I've bought 112 songs. That's just over $100. Jeez. I had no idea... (well, in my defense, I DID get a $40 g.c. for my birthday)
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-10, 08:36

59 tracks and counting... have a few Glen Miller classics and a couple Rush albums in the queue. Maybe I'll clear out my cart with a purchase in a couple months. Too pinched for money right now to buy music. Not to mention, salavating over the possibility of a new 23" ACD.

...into the light of a dark black night.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-06-10, 08:51

which reminds me of a question i had the other day....

are there any female rush fans??

g
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-10, 09:44

Yes, they're called Dittoettes. Oh wait, you mean...

As for the iTMS, I've spent about $50 in one year. Not too bad. I think I've given away twice that in certificates and gifts to friends.

:embarrass
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-06-10, 14:46

About $230.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-06-10, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
As for the iTMS, I've spent about $50 in one year. Not too bad. I think I've given away twice that in certificates and gifts to friends.

:embarrass
Oh man, tell me about it, they are just too quick, too easy and too generous. and they make for the perfect "it's your birthday?" gift