User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

How long will this be on iTunes?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
How long will this be on iTunes?
ronmexico

2007-07-18, 21:47

Go to the iTunes Music Store. Click on the link to Nike Sports Music, then under Athlete Inspiations click on Mike Vick's link. Look at what he likes to do when he listens to song 13 in his list.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-07-18, 21:52

How about posting a screenshot? Your instructions aren't working for me.
Wrao
Yarp

2007-07-18, 21:55

I don't get it.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2007-07-18, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
I don't get it.
Same here. It's stupid, I'll grant you that, but I don't see why Apple should take it down.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

I guess you gotta get pumped up to shoot dogs in the head
sirnick4
I was knighted

Send a message via AIM to sirnick4  

Wow.. I hope that that is taken down in light of the recent indictment.

EDIT: 3 posts at 21:56 CST. Impressive.

You mean to tell me you guys haven't heard about this yet!

Deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

"Layin' down bets and all 'dat shit!"

What a complete low-rent numbnut.

You're pulling down who-knows-what kind of money as a star NFL quarterback...and now your dumb ass is going to get busted, and be taken down, on dogfighting charges.

Some folks are just too stupid to have any sort of money or fame. Many prove it on a weekly basis.

Vick, Pac-Man Jones, Ricky Williams, etc. How hard is it to a) realize you've been blessed with some talent and abilities and focus on that to make your mark in life, and b) leave all this ignorant, street-level nonsense behind? How hard is it to not get into this kind of trouble? Apparently, for some, it's the toughest thing in the world.

I don't feel sorry for guys like this. You hand some people the world and they unzip their pants and take a piss on it, and somehow manage to louse it up. Who does this?
ronmexico

2007-07-18, 22:00

Quote:

I don't get it.
Michael Vick and three others were charged on July 17 with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines. He faces up to 5 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-18, 22:02

...and because he's rich and famous, he won't get dick in the way of punishment. He'll get four hours probation or something.

You or me, we'd be under the jail.
Wrao
Yarp

2007-07-18, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico View Post
Michael Vick and three others were charged on July 17 with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines. He faces up to, I think, 5 years in prison and $350,000 in fines.
Oh. I doubt iTunes will change/remove it though.
Wrao
Yarp

2007-07-18, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
...and because he's rich and famous, he won't get dick in the way of punishment. He'll get four hours probation or something.

Uh... yeah. This isn't Riyadh.
sirnick4
I was knighted

2007-07-18, 22:03

They must have a strong case against him, too.

9 out of 10 cases get a conviction at this level.

You can read the indictment. It's pretty sick what he did to those dogs (let them fight, electrocuted them, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if he does get convicted.

Deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-18, 22:07

Quote:
Oh. I doubt iTunes will change/remove it though.
I bet they will. They (Apple) won't want to be associated with dogfight types, and that whole shady, cruel vibe. And PETA and others will come down hard on them. And believe me: hippie, left-of-center Apple is going to side with an outfit like PETA over some overpaid, thug NFL dumb-ass.

Who do you think is going to give Apple the most grief, and make their life more difficult? That's right, PETA. They live for stuff like this, and probably, as we speak, already has an indignant, damning e-mail drafted for Steve (if not already sent)...

That link will be gone by Friday afternoon.
murbot
Hoonigan

2007-07-18, 23:22

Actually with what I've read, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get hammered.

Hanging and drowning dogs if they don't pass fight tests. Real sweet.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-18, 23:33

That's the thing. These days we often get more torqued-up and angry about the mistreatment of animals than the abduction or murder of a kid. People can't stand to hear those kinds of stories and details (I know I can't). But we'll hold someone's feet to fire over that than some other crimes it seems.

In other words, this guy is toast in so many ways. Even if he avoids the can and serious legal troubles, a lot of companies simply won't want to have much to do with him once word of his actions makes the rounds and everyone knows.

You think Gatorade or Duracell or whoever wants to throw in with a brute like this, and be associated with a puppy abuser? No.

And that's why he's a world-class numbnut...he didn't even think that part of it through, apparently.

He stands to lose everything. He really does.

Nice going, genius. Here's to "keepin' it real"...
sirnick4
I was knighted

2007-07-18, 23:36

I almost feel sorry for the Vick family. They are so screwed up...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-18, 23:37

I feel sorry for the dogs that were hurt and killed. Screw the people involved. They should know better.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2007-07-18, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico View Post
Michael Vick and three others were charged on July 17 with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines. He faces up to 5 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.
Ah, now I get it. Thanks.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-07-19, 08:28

Well, nothing wrong with hanging out with pitbulls per se, but given the indictment, if it's true -- and for federal indictments, it usually means it is (over 95% conviction of indictments become convictions), it's just too much of a hot button to leave something otherwise innocuous up like that. There's enough silly bombing of the iTunes reviews as it is.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-07-19, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Well, nothing wrong with hanging out with pitbulls per se, but given the indictment, if it's true -- and for federal indictments, it usually means it is (over 95% conviction of indictments become convictions), it's just too much of a hot button to leave something otherwise innocuous up like that. There's enough silly bombing of the iTunes reviews as it is.
The feds are digging up dog corpses from Vick's backyard. There was a dog kennel set up on the property and live dogs there. Incidental stuff like this iTunes playlist will just be nails in the coffin, especially since Vick is putting up the "I never went to that house, it was someone else." defense.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-07-19, 08:45

Hows Windswept handling this?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-19, 11:28

Good article by Jason Whitlock in the Kansas City Star.

This is the second time I've read this guy's writing in cases involving race, public image and hypocrisy (he wrote a great piece during that whole Don Imus flap). Nice to see someone with their own opinion and view on this, and not afraid to express it. I'm sure the poor guy has been called "sellout" and "Uncle Tom" more times than he could count.

But what he says is true and makes good sense, echoing what I said about last night (how someone can have all this money from a great NFL gig, yet risk it all by catering to that whole "street thug" image, and buying into that that "gangsta" and prison culture mentality). Just sounds better coming from a black writer sometimes too, for all sorts of reasons...

Vick is an idiot. No debate on that.

I think, on balance, professional, high-paid athletes are accidents and cautionary tales waiting to happen. They're rarely accountable to anything or anyone, have more money than God at their disposal, the passes and excuses others throw their way to protect their investment, the temptations that come with having that kind of money and access, the various hangers-on (often from "the old days") who populate their lives and try to wiggle themselves into this money/fame-drenched world, the crooked people - agents, promoters, marketing types, etc. - they come in contact with who are looking to get their money or use their name for various enterprises, etc.

It's tough enough as it is, entering into that level of fame and success (just the everyday, legit things to be wary of and watch out for). But those who can't seem to "leave the streets behind" (athletes, musicians, etc.) often seem to have the toughest go of it, and wind up with things going bad before it's all over.

Some folks simply put image and "street cred" above all else, even at the risk of their high-paying, respectable jobs.

If I was talented (and then lucky) enough to be given a multi-million dollar career to throw or hit a stupid ball around for a few months out of the year, you can bet your ass that I'd go out of my way to make sure I didn't engage in things that would jeopardize that sweet ride.

I'd realize that I hit the jackpot, and "won life's lottery", and strive to act accordingly...just so I didn't blow it and wind up with nothing (how many professional athletes are really good at other things? Not many, I'm guessing...their best bet is to exploit their athletic prowess for as long, and as smartly, as they can).

"Uh, no I'm not going to raise dogs for fighting, or do coke off that hooker's ass, or run from a routine traffic stop and turn a $35 ticket into a major felony conviction that gets plastered all over the media..."

Some people, however, seem to do the exact opposite. How else do you explain some of these scenarios? How much of a short-sighted ignoramus does a fella have to be to look at money, prestige, fame, etc. on one side, and then turn around and seemingly do everything he can to undermine and threaten those things?

Vick will wind up some has-been punk who, because of the stigma around all this, probably won't even be able to snag a simple "booth analyst" broadcast deal once his time on the field is up (and that may be sooner than he'd planned on, with all this stuff breaking).

Another lost person.

All you have to do is a) keep your nose clean for 10 or so years (maybe not even that long, depending on the sport or field you're in), and b) be smart with your money. Then you're set for life. And you can do pretty much whatever you want. You're not under MLB or the NFL, but you're comfortable. If you've got this burning desire, then, to raise fighting dogs or whatever, then have at it. You're still a cruel idiot, but at least you're not lousing up your gig.

Amazing how many people can't do those two things, even when it's practically handed to them on a silver platter.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-07-19 at 11:41.