User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Thoughts on MacExpo UK?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Thoughts on MacExpo UK?
beardedmacuser

2005-10-31, 06:06

I went to the UK MacExpo at Olympia in London, on Thursday of last week. I was wondering if any of the applenova community had also been, and what they thought?

My thoughts...
  1. Apple; the Apple presence seemed smaller than before. Perhaps an indication of a bit of a lull before the transition to Intel begins. It was OK, but nothing to get too excited about (apart from Aperture!).
  2. PowerBooks; I saw only one new PowerBook (a 15-incher) on display at the Apple area. They really weren't promoting the PowerBook hard (other than the huge poster hanging above). There were NO iBooks on display.
  3. Aperture; Wow! Aperture looks phenomenal!!! Seeing it being demonstrated was spectactular. I don't know of any software out there which comes close to the same functionality.
  4. Non-Apple; there seemed a healthy presence of other retailers. At least as many as in previous years when the show was over in Angel. At Olympia there was more space for them to occupy and it felt generally more spacious.
  5. Attendance; it was pretty rammed all through Thursday. But once again it was quicker to get into the show if you hadn't bought a ticket in advance!
Photos of the show from Apple here...