Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Marathon 2! The impossible challenge!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Marathon 2! The impossible challenge!
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-21, 15:56

I personally think Marathon 2 is one of the most brilliant inventions when it comes to gaming. It's old, but it's brilliant. I got stuck in about level 8 or 9 or somewhere around there.

I'm looking for a walkthrough. A document that will tell me exactly what to do in each level. I did look in google and I found something, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

Can someone help me please? Thanks!
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-21, 17:38

Does anybody know where to find a walkthrough for the solo missions of Marathon 2?
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2005-12-21, 19:34

Here's an advice.

Sleep on it.

All solutions will come to you after time.

Walkthrough are only fun when you've defeated it all, and want to explore nooks and whatnots.

I know that's not what you wanted, but...
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2005-12-21, 19:37

Which level is that? I recall a singularly obfuscatory puzzle part-way through that game.
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-21, 19:39

I don't remember. I had downloaded the game and gotten stuck at that place a while ago. Now I decided I want to beat the game, so i'm back at the beginning.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-21, 19:46

You want a cheat for a stolen game?

Hmm.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2005-12-21, 19:59

Now that'd be funny.

Except if I'm not mistaken, it's now abandonware.

But still funny.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-12-21, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek2006
Does anybody know where to find a walkthrough for the solo missions of Marathon 2?
macgeek,

have you tried googling marathon 2 walkthrough?

eh?

no?

didn't think so...
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-12-21, 20:10

I'm eyeing that ignore button again. Christ man.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-21, 20:13

Dude. Try a walkthrough of your front door.
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-21, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
You want a cheat for a stolen game?

Hmm.
go to macgamefiles.com and search for Marathon. Presto! Even I was smart enough to do that.

I did search in google, but the walkthrough I found was more like a "hints and tips" then a pure walkthrough. I'm looking for something like "When the level starts, walk straight through the first pair of doors you see. Two purple aliens will be waiting on the other side, be ready to kill them. You will then enter a room with two control panels in it, one on either side. Go to the one on the right" Etc.

I want that kind of walkthrough. Otherwise I just can't figure it out. I don't have the patience.

By the way, has anybody here ever beat that game? What happends at the end? That 5D level seems kind of weird. I got to it with that cheat thingy where you can choose to go to any level. Is it beatable?
Enki

2005-12-22, 00:34

Send me a PM with your email address. I have the M2 Survival Guide. It seems to have fallen off the net eons ago.

No I didn't need it to beat the game, but it is really cool to go back and find all the stuff I missed while playing through legit.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-12-22, 00:45

Quote:
I personally think Marathon 2 is one of the most brilliant inventions when it comes to gaming. It's old, but it's brilliant.
Quote:
I want that kind of walkthrough. Otherwise I just can't figure it out. I don't have the patience.
¡Damned!

2005-12-22, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana
Walkthrough are only fun when you've defeated it all, and want to explore nooks and whatnots.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Durandal Spoiler Guide. Again, it's not nearly as fun to just cheat your way through the first time around.

[edit]:
Quote:
I did search in google, but the walkthrough I found was more like a "hints and tips" then a pure walkthrough. I'm looking for something like "When the level starts, walk straight through the first pair of doors you see. Two purple aliens will be waiting on the other side, be ready to kill them. You will then enter a room with two control panels in it, one on either side. Go to the one on the right" Etc.

Ah, maybe I should have read the whole thread before posting that link. It's not exactly what you want.

So it goes.
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-22, 13:18

Okay, I started playing the game again without walkthroughs and such, and i'm at the Ex cathedra level, or something like that. The first level of the third section.

I'm still wondering about 5-D space. Is this game beatable?

edit: oops that not a solo level. Theres only 28 solo levels. Nevermind.

Thanks for that link.
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-22, 16:26

Okay. This is what i'm doing. I'm trying to beat the game without using walkthroughs. I'll only look at a spoiler if i'm at a loss for what to do. Such is the case in Level 8 (Nuke and Pave). There are no computer terminals anywhere, which means I can't get teleported out of there. The room in which the walkthrough says the level will end in, is just an empty room.

I need some help. Please.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-22, 16:28

Keep your head up.

That's your only clue.

(you'll get it eventually)
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-22, 16:40

As in looking up in the game?
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-12-22, 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
That's your only clue.

(you'll get it eventually)
*ahem*
macgeek2006
Genius

2005-12-22, 16:55

grrr. This is bugging me! Theres nothing I can do!!! I wander aimlessly about the level. I hit the switch thingy, I hit the other switch thingy that opened up that other door. I just can't get to that area on the other side of that lava, and i'm sure that's what I have to do. I have to unlock some corridor somehow that leads to the other side of that lava pool. I see aliens and stuff there, but if I try to jump there, I fall in the lava.