Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Neumorphism > Flat Design > Skeumorphism

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Neumorphism > Flat Design > Skeumorphism
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-02-20, 10:36

Interesting article about where UI may go after flat design..

https://www.cultofmac.com/685185/neumorphism-ios-14/

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-02-20, 11:28

I like it! Keeps all the visual cues you need, without compromising the clean look.

They're like the Platonic Ideal Form of buttons.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-02-20, 22:49

I will say I'm one who appreciated the old style where everything looked real. This flat look has always sucked and always will.

However, adding depth changes that. It means I can see something that is clean and yet easy to see what is relevant to my needs at the time. I'm good with Neumorphism if it means we move away from flat crappy design.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
yejefol

2020-02-21, 00:24

Skeuomorphism is the design concept of making items represented resemble their real-world counterparts. Skeuomorphism is commonly used in many design fields, including user interface (UI) and Web design, architecture, ceramics, and interior design.
thepcreport.net/"]The Pc Report

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-02-23 at 20:43.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-02-21, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I will say I'm one who appreciated the old style where everything looked real. This flat look has always sucked and always will.
I feel like iOS 4 through 6 went too far in the textured direction. It felt gaudy. iOS 7 then went too far in the other direction, and some of its themes (translucent layers on top of each other) barely got picked up by third parties. We've kind of lost part of iOS's soul in the process, though.

Thing is, third parties had started to move to a flatter design either way, and Apple kind of capitulated. I don't think there was a possible future where iOS and Android apps continue to look quite as starkly different as iOS 6 and Android 4 did.