COVID-19 Outbreak
Page 13 of 13 First Previous 9 10 11 12 [13]  Thread Tools
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

Send a message via AIM to Yontsey Send a message via Skype™ to Yontsey 
2020-12-31, 07:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
He was warned, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

I'm down 20 pounds so far, with 10 to go. I've been lifting and am starting to look decent in the mirror for the first time in 20+ years. I even started a thread that no one cares about.

One thing I can say with certainty: I really miss donuts.
Go get some donuts man!!! Weight loss is not sustainable if you don't allow yourself some treats every once in awhile. Over the last 4 years, I'm down about 60lbs. It takes awhile if you want it to happen right, and be permanent. Haven't a couple donuts one Saturday morning isn't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. It's a reward for doing so well. I eat ice cream every couple weeks. I have no issue getting Chipotle, pizza, fried chicken, sushi, ect. I just watch what I eat all week, workout every day, never drink soda or sugar drinks or anything, and just stay consistent.

MAJOR CONGRATS on the 20lb though!!! That's amazing. Such a great feeling and it is so crazy how much your body feels when you lose weight. The little aches and pains and stuff like that reduce or even go away.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
drewprops
Bastard

2020-12-31, 09:29

I need to begin my climb out of the sloth well, as well. We'll see.

Also, as big a dick as Nut is, I'll feel weird if that was a permanent ban.

kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-12-31, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Go get some donuts man!!! Weight loss is not sustainable if you don't allow yourself some treats every once in awhile. Over the last 4 years, I'm down about 60lbs. It takes awhile if you want it to happen right, and be permanent. Haven't a couple donuts one Saturday morning isn't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things. It's a reward for doing so well. I eat ice cream every couple weeks. I have no issue getting Chipotle, pizza, fried chicken, sushi, ect. I just watch what I eat all week, workout every day, never drink soda or sugar drinks or anything, and just stay consistent.

MAJOR CONGRATS on the 20lb though!!! That's amazing. Such a great feeling and it is so crazy how much your body feels when you lose weight. The little aches and pains and stuff like that reduce or even go away.
Oh, don't you worry. I allow myself weekly treats. I'm fully aware of the trap that exists if you try to cut out everything. Suddenly, you get a craving and eat like a pig for a few weeks and it's amazing how fast those calories jump right back on.

I mentioned donuts because those are my biggest AM vice. I cut them out almost completely. A few weeks ago we stayed with in-laws for a weekend and they had donuts. I should have had one, but I had 4! And that's why I don't want them around—at all.

I allow myself other treats, but donuts are like cocaine to me. I just have to cut them out completely, or they're coming back with a vengeance.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2020-12-31, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I allow myself other treats, but donuts are like cocaine to me. I just have to cut them out completely, or they're coming back with a vengeance.
I remember that episode of Miami Vice. At the time I thought it was a weird departure from the others, but it was cool when Crockett blew up that speedboat full of chocolate glazed Krispy Kremes those smugglers were trying to unload!

"How about a dozen...years in jail, pal!"

kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2021-01-15, 14:32

Well, now, this is interesting.

Seems that wearables might be able to detect COVID before you even know you have COVID.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-01-15, 15:41

Yeah, I read about the newer sensors also being able to accurately guess based on O2 saturation. Seems your O2 sats drop on infection normally too in many cases.