AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova Server Member Whitelist

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova Server Member Whitelist
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-01, 16:49

I have just enabled user whitelisting on our Minecraft server. This means that if you're new and wish to join, you must post your Minecraft username in this thread so I can add you to the whitelist.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-01-01, 18:32

It's going to be months and months before I ever get to join up, but my username is Captain_Drew - please whitelist me!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-01, 18:51

How about adding me to the whitelist. turtle is likely the name I'd use since I wouldn't be competing with others and be forced to use the numbers.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-01-01, 18:59

You realise your username is Minecraft-wide, not just on the Applenova server? So it's likely there is a "Turtle" registered already.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-01-01, 19:01

Boo...I'll have to run and look then.

Uh, where do I go.

Looks like I'll be turtle2472 then. I found the link on the first post. What an original thought.

Edit: So I have to pay before playing? There isn't a way to play first?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-01-01, 19:27

Oh and Brad, can you include me on the whitelist? Thanks.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-01, 21:25

Here's the current whitelist:

Quote:
BradSmith
InvaderJak
blichte1
SpecMode
greychristian
Bonn89
bryson430
Stretchmonkey
RowdyScot
kraetos
Atariboy
remlemasi
Eije
Boxofjason
turtle2472
Captain_Drew
Jasoco
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Edit: So I have to pay before playing? There isn't a way to play first?
Yep. you have to pay. It's a one-time cost, though. Not recurring like other MMO-games.

If you want to demo the "classic" mode in single-player, you can try it for free in the browser here: http://minecraft.net/play.jsp

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

arteggio

2011-01-04, 14:32

I'll be joining your world as arteggio.

Here's to addiction.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-04, 15:39

arteggio added to the whitelist; config reloaded!

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-01-07, 01:47

Hey Brad, can you white list the love of my life?

mighty_gLeek

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-07, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Hey Brad, can you white list the love of my life?

mighty_gLeek
Whitelist updated; server config reloaded!

Jerman

2011-01-07, 18:24

So the Minecraft bug finally bit me. Watched some of the videos on Youtube of the Starship Enterprise build, and the 16-bit "CPU". Amazing stuff! Now seeing these screenshots of the world you have built put me over the edge.

I sure would love to join in the fun! My username is JmanPro. I promise to mind my manors.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-07, 18:29

Whitelidt updated and server config reloaded! Try now J.

Jerman

2011-01-07, 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Whitelidt updated and server config reloaded! Try now J.
Thanks Brad! I'll hop on shortly.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-01-07, 22:59

Alright I'm in with this.

Name: Elysium25

Add me to the whitelist Brad. I'm going to give bobsky a run for his money on natural disasters.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-07, 23:27

Updated and reloaded!

AdventuristDru

2011-01-21, 16:40

That makes sense to me. I just like Minecraft and I've been going through your forum, and it looked interesting.

I think that if you guy's eventually decide to let me in, I will be able to help with building your city. Also who is Nova Bazaar?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-21, 20:10

Sorry, AdventuristDru, but I have to agree with what these guys said. The Minecraft server is really a community project. If you were an established member here, I'd probably let you in without hesitation. As a brand new member whom we don't know anything about, though, we have to assume that you could be a destructive griefer as much as you could be the next Frank Lloyd Wright.

That said, you're welcome to look around the server as a guest! I recently (as in today) established a wrapper that allows un-whitelisted guests to connect and explore but not build. To connect, simply open Minecraft, choose "Multiplayer", and enter "applenova.com" as the address.

Kohoutek

2011-01-21, 21:40

I'm new to Minecraft, had a quick look around while it was light to pick up some tips. It looks like a lot of work has gone into your world, very impressive.

Brad, I could dig earth and wood but not collect anything, you may want make sure guests can't do any damage.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-01-22, 00:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
I'm new to Minecraft, had a quick look around while it was light to pick up some tips. It looks like a lot of work has gone into your world, very impressive.
Want to be added to the whitelist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
Brad, I could dig earth and wood but not collect anything, you may want make sure guests can't do any damage.
Hmm... when I was testing earlier this afternoon as guest, I could dig/break stuff, but a few seconds later it would be always restored to its original state. Was this not the case for you?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-04, 21:36

Brad, would you mind adding my wife to the Whitelist? Mrs_Turtle is her name. Yeah, I know it boring but the other ideas we had were taken.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-05, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, would you mind adding my wife to the Whitelist? Mrs_Turtle is her name. Yeah, I know it boring but the other ideas we had were taken.
She should've already been able to connect as a guest. I've given her regular membership status now, though. As soon as I can manage to connect (damn minecraft.net overloaded again!) I'll reload the config so it takes effect.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-01, 22:53

OK, so I'm werejack on Minecraft. Probably not going to be on quite yet, still figuring things out in single player. I keep on trying to find coal, like that video said to, but the only caves I can find have zombies instead of coal. Mean zombies

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-01, 23:19

If you join the server (once whitelisted) you'll be able to use a safe house in Bridgeport to get started. I'd add you to the whitelist but don't know how just yet.

Try now. I am pretty sure I added you to the correct white list file.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-02, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Although Captain_Drew joined, which was cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Wait... WHAT? Drew was online for the first time ever too and I missed this? Dang.

So, are you on a newer/faster machine now, Cap'n? Or did you just grin and bear through it being slow? Or was it just not as bad as you'd originally suspected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
You all are all crazy. I mean, skyways? Holy what the fuck. (But convenient!)
You can thank SpecMode for the skyways. He constructed the first one from Mob Hill (his first home) across the waterway to Bridgeport (where the stone exit ramp descends). Since then, the skyways have sprawled all over the map, being extended not only by SpecMode but also 709, turtle, bobsky, myself, and anyone else who ventures out to distant lands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Billybobsky, was that you who took me for my first lessons? That was neat!!
Glad you enjoyed! Sad I missed.

Although, this reminds me that we should post a username legend in this thread since many of us have different names in the game versus on the forums.

(Minecraft = AppleNova)

arteggio=arteggio
Atariboy=Atariboy
blichte1=billybobsky
Bonn89=Bonn
BradSmith=Brad
bryson430=Bryson
Captain_Drew=drewprops
cvek=Chellovek
eije=torifile
Elysium25=Elysum
greychristian=709
InvaderJak=ThunderPoit
jasoco=Jasoco
jmanpro=Jerman
kraetos=Kraetos
Mrs_Turtle=... (edit: removed, although I thought this was public knowledge)
remlemasi=remlemasi
RowdyScot=RowdyScot
SpecMode=SpecMode
stretchmonkey=Maciej
turtle2472=turtle
werejack=Robo

Am I forgetting or misassigning anyone? I'll edit this into the first post of the thread in a bit.

I'm off to download a backup now and will return with an overview map shortly!

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-04-10, 14:59

I'm going to try to get on tonight. Can someone whitelist me? My handle is Eije.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-10, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I'm going to try to get on tonight. Can someone whitelist me? My handle is Eije.
Should still be whitelisted from the olden days.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2011-04-12, 09:41

Please add my name as well, I intend to get in there at some point.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-12, 10:02

Have you registered at minecraft.net? Registering a name is free even if the game costs cash. Better check that the name you want is available and grab it. I'll whitelist you as soon as you do.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-12, 11:16

I wish that I'd registered as CaptainDrew - would make in game direct chat easier for folks