Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Mac OS 11, aka, Big Sur

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mac OS 11, aka, Big Sur
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-06-23, 12:18

Lay it out there. Mac OS 11 has dropped. Discuss at your own peril!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2020-06-23, 12:44

I wonder how long they discussed, before finally rejecting, Craig making a "This one goes to 11" joke.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-06-23, 12:49

He was pretty serious for the most part because, well, jokes just aren't the same without a live audience. I watched Tom Hanks a few weeks ago on Saturday Night Live (Tom Hanks would be the only reason I would ever turn that crap fest on) and it was just … difficult. I know he wanted to be funny, but it just doesn't work without the audience.

Craig Federighi is usually a laugh-a-minute kind of guy, and I think he knew full well it wasn't gonna work, so he limited it to the getting high portion of the naming spiel.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Stand for something, or fall for anything!
Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2020-06-23, 23:15

Which I explained to my sons, they asked to re-watch that clip, and they thought it was a beautiful bit of trolling.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-06-24, 06:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
He was pretty serious for the most part because, well, jokes just aren't the same without a live audience. [..]

Craig Federighi is usually a laugh-a-minute kind of guy, and I think he knew full well it wasn't gonna work, so he limited it to the getting high portion of the naming spiel.
Yeah… he seems so much more natural and pleasant to listen to in front of a crowd. Kind of a bummer.
PKIDelirium
Nobody bumps my lock

2020-06-24, 06:25

I honestly didn't expect the keynote format they used. I figured they would just do a no-audience with the usual on-stage method, and just look directly at closer cameras or something. The production quality was good, just not what I was thinking they'd do.

Early '09 Mac mini (El Capitan), iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3), iPad Air 2 (iOS 12.3), Mid '10 MacBook Unibody (High Sierra), Mid '05 14" iBook G4 (Tiger)
Kings Island Site, Horribly Outdated Flickr
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-06-24, 09:12

I thought the transitions were… a little corn. Maybe I'm too old for that. Maybe it's fine if they only do it this way once, as a fun special touch.

Tim and Craig were a tad too artificial in places. I think it'd have been nice to have less greenscreening.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-06-24, 10:15

This thing was filmed weeks ago. It was not "live".
PKIDelirium
Nobody bumps my lock

2020-06-24, 22:21

Yeah, that was my point. I was expecting a live no-audience keynote with the standard format.
noleli2

2020-06-25, 19:00

It’s great to see Safari’s tracker blocking getting better. I would love to use it, but almost none of the major privacy extensions I use in Firefox are available in Safari today (uBlock Origin is the one exception). I think support for the WebExtensions API will help, but the lack of containers is still a deal-breaker for me. Sigh, here’s hoping…