Apple Services

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Services
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-05-19, 17:04

Two things:

1) I renamed this thread to just "Apple Services" instead of "Apple Services 2019". Makes more sense going forward.

2) This makes my day! Finally something on Apple TV+ worth my time. I love Tom Hanks, and for Apple to land this movie means I will get to see it on launch day, will be able to avoid pesky, overpriced theaters, and the whole family can watch it for freeeeeeeee!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Stand for something, or fall for anything!
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-05-20, 03:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I watched all of For All Mankind. Fantastic show. Good in ways I wasn’t expecting. Best sci-fi ever? No. But absolutely great, and a good sign for a launch title.

Then I watched The Morning Show, a bit more reluctantly. Got pretty good after a while. Had an excellent episode towards the end of the season.

Started watching Little America. Cute and interesting.

I think they’re doing a pretty good job. I’d say they eventually have a shot at eventually becoming the HBO of the 2020s. They don’t quite have a cult phenomenon yet, but come on, they’re only three months old. Give it a year or two and see if they steadily keep adding good stuff.
Started watching Defending Jacob and it seems kind of generic so far.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-06-30, 14:06

Since YouTube TV is a competitor to Apple TV+, I'll go ahead and ask this question in here.

Does anyone actually pay for YouTube TV? Holy cow, they just raised their rate to $65/month!

I have a difficult time finding value in anything of Google's, other than stock YouTube. Seriously, though, $65/month?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-06-30, 14:56

YouTube TV, never heard of it.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-06-30, 15:58

I know, right?!
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

Send a message via AIM to Yontsey Send a message via Skype™ to Yontsey 
2020-06-30, 19:31

Used AT&T/DirecTV but switched to Hulu Live's bundle package awhile and love it. Big UFC guy so there's a lot of built in value.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-07-01, 09:43

I read that article about the price going up and was astounded. I too didn't even know it was a thing let alone that expensive!

I have AppleTV+ thanks to buying an apple product but I actually don't watch it either. In fact, I'm rarely watching TV at all. Even with the stay-at-home stuff (which my state seems to have completely thrown out) I don't have the time to watch TV.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-07-01, 10:43

Yeah, I watch a couple shows/week at most, so I'm pretty particular about it. Google TV has nothing compelling to offer, even at the imaginary "entirely free forever" price point. I get Apple TV+ for free because I bought a new Apple TV, but I got that specifically for Disney+. Most of the content I watch is on YouTube, so as long as it remains "free" (paid for by surveillance advertising ) none of the other services has anything of any value, especially at $65/month. Holy cow, what a ripoff.