Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Enterprise iPhone Development

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Enterprise iPhone Development
Partial
Stallion

2010-04-12, 09:53

I'm very confused by this statement on the Apple website.

"Deploy proprietary, in-house applications to authorized users in your company, the iPhone Developer Enterprise Program is available to companies with 500 or more employees and a Dun & Bradstreet number."

http://developer.apple.com/programs/iphone/enterprise/

Is Apple basically saying you're SOL unless you work for a massive company? My day job company is 25 years old, established, a market leader, etc but they are only 150 people. We want to make a handheld app but I cannot see us going through the app store as it will work with proprietary server software (iPhone app will be thin client).

Anyone have any knowledge on this? I'm not finding any good information via Google. It appears that at one point and time there was an ad-hoc distrubition method that seems unrealistic (PITA, bad user experience to install, etc).

Any information on subject will be appreciated!

Dan

...and calling/e-mailing/texting ex-girlfriends on the off-chance they'll invite you over for some "old time's sake" no-strings couch gymnastics...