Getting My Kindle DX June 12!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-09-29, 02:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor View Post
Earlier this year, Pixel Qi's CEO said their screen would be in mass production in late 2009. The company has been quiet as of late, but its website still shows that as the target. Have you heard anything different?
I'm not saying they'll miss their target (though their silence has been deafening - Q4 starts the day after tomorrow, after all), but "mass production" can mean different things. For a company as small as Pixel Qi, it probably means that they will be able to produce their screens reliably en mass. Actual products using Qi3 screens might not come out for months later. If products using Qi3 screens were coming this year, we probably would have heard about them (either from Pixel Qi, the product makers, or from leaks - all major e-book readers to date have been leaked months ahead of their premieres, after all).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2009-09-29, 21:25

I have to be honest--I used my iPhone to surf all my newspapers this morning on the train. Now I know the small screen is not ideal, but with my reading glasses, it was not bad. I had good 3G coverage until tunnel and read all my newspapers on my 55 minute train ride. Not sure I really need the Kindle and since I am already paying for WSJ.com, might as well continue to use my iPhone.

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!