MC: Cactuar Rail System

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Cactuar Rail System
Page 2 of 3 Previous 1 [2] 3  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-10, 00:00

Yeah, it currently comes up in the water you see with the lilly pads to the right of the castle. I'm looking to make the opening more open South and between the mountains.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-04-10, 00:09

Can we all just take a minute to go WOW at Dellphi's castle??!!??!!

Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-04-10, 13:15

Wow.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-10, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Yeah, it currently comes up in the water you see with the lilly pads to the right of the castle. I'm looking to make the opening more open South and between the mountains.
I'm still not quite sure where you mean.

Basically, I don't want the entrance to pop up under the rainbow walk anywhere - I'm trying to keep the "bowl" there unlit and undeveloped.

Do you mean directly outside Delphi's front door? Or on that islandy bit to the East of the Rainbow Walk? I'd far prefer option B out of those.

Edit: Or maybe that bit of flat land South and West of Delphi's place, nearer Drew?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-10, 17:00

Basically my idea is to be able to continue the same tunnel East so everything branches off of it.

My thought was to come up in this opening on the left. The thing is that it would block up to opening there. Really I just want to be able to make the tunnel keep going East to we can maintain it's one continuousness.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2012-04-13, 22:01

So Brad - after talking with T a little bit in-game I may take the opportunity tomorrow during Creative Day to build a scaled down version of the TN train station. If you don't mind me replacing your lava structure, of course.

While I love my exterior design (and yours too, btw), your rail design was way better. Much more realistic, and honestly, a lot cooler. I can whip the upper structure together tomorrow, but I'd like to work with you on the rails in/out. Maybe I'll grab one of boxo's anger picks and flesh the lower area out, but I'd really like your input on track design.

Cool?

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-14, 22:26

So 709 has built/is building the train station where my tunnel came up. I'm planning to get started on major legs to the North, West and South now.

Is there anyone inline with major legs coming off of it at the 49-55 block depth? (When standing in the tunnel it's at level 50.62 for an idea of the actual level.) It's 4 wide and three blocks tall, I just don't want to cut into someone's property with the tunnels.

¡Damned!

2012-04-15, 01:45

Just finished.

I don't remember exactly how Brad designed the ins and outs, but I've built out an approximation on one side. Hopefully he can tweak it to fit how he had it in TN.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2012-04-15, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So 709 has built/is building the train station where my tunnel came up. I'm planning to get started on major legs to the North, West and South now.

Is there anyone inline with major legs coming off of it at the 49-55 block depth? (When standing in the tunnel it's at level 50.62 for an idea of the actual level.) It's 4 wide and three blocks tall, I just don't want to cut into someone's property with the tunnels.
When heading S, keep a ways away from the area around the exchange. The mob trap will be underneath there eventually.

It may be a safe bet to follow underneath the road that way (Division Ave) - unless RS or bobsky have underground areas spreading out from their builds.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-04-15 at 02:08.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-04-15, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
When heading S, keep a ways away from the exchange. The mob trap will be underneath there eventually.

It may be a safe bet to follow underneath the road that way (Division Ave) - unless RS or bobsky have underground areas spreading out from their builds.
I'm not sure exactly how far it will spread (likely just under the bar's footprint, maybe a bit out behind the bar in the small grassy area), but I *will* be building underneath the bar.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-04-15, 03:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
When heading S, keep a ways away from the area around the exchange. The mob trap will be underneath there eventually.

I have a bedrock bucket under my build because I found several horizontal shafts going into the area beneath the site. It lines up with the edges of the paths around it.
delphi

2012-04-15, 05:05

When it is time to dig West, you will be going through my place. Go ahead and go straight through at the standard height of 50. I will rebuild/rework. In fact, if you don't mind the help, I would like to help you dig the tunnels. I would like to start with the west line. Is that ok with you?

Last edited by delphi : 2012-04-15 at 09:09.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-15, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi View Post
When it is time to dig West, you will be going through my place. Go ahead and go straight through at the standard height of 50. I will rebuild/rework. In fact, if you don't mind the help, I would like to help you dig the tunnels. I would like to start with the west line. Is that ok with you?
Totally ok with me for you to help with it. Dig away! Check out the tunnel I already have if you wish to follow the same style I have used.

delphi

2012-04-15, 18:36

The west bound rail now goes to about x= -400, z@163.
Of course, it currently has no stops.
Shall I work on the south bound? Any color in mind for the south?
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-04-15, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi View Post
The west bound rail now goes to about x= -400, z@163.
Of course, it currently has no stops.
Shall I work on the south bound? Any color in mind for the south?
I think we should do White for the north and Yellow or Blue for the south.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-15, 19:21

Looks like I might not be able to get on in a while. Go for starting the Southern line. I think it will be awesome if you can. I'll work the North line when I can get on. White it shall be as requested by Elysium. I have set some stuff aside so I can get to it during the week since I might not get on much tonight.

billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-16, 01:24

Hold off on the southern line -- it needs to not be straight...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-16, 06:13

bb, mind mapping it out since it seems we need to pass between your stuff? Might not even bee a bad idea for you to dig the tunnel past the trap area just to be sure. I know that there is an area for the gay bar too, but we should pass East of that with no problem.

¡Damned!

2012-04-16, 08:52

I may reroute the entryways into the station a little bit - I was planning to have 2 lines come in per side (like Brad's station in TN), not one coming in at each center. That's my fault though, I wasn't really specific about it. No biggie though. They can easily be worked in that way.

Some of the line heading W and S may need to be moved around a bit as well (at least under the city area). Again, no biggie. The largest lengths are still useable.

[edit]: Maybe something like this:

Not sure how the S line should go - it'd be nice if it was under the sidewalk, but if it's a tight squeeze between bobsky's palace and rowdy's bar maybe it's best to direct it behind the future mob trap (yellow - and assuming there's no basement under Bryson's Arts Centre).

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-04-16 at 09:18.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-16, 09:24

Ah, I missed this... I powered the S line through last night. Didn't hit anything....
billybobsky
BANNED

2012-04-16, 09:45

Yes, well the trap isn't there yet...
¡Damned!

2012-04-16, 10:12

Just popped in to look at it quickly at it seems like it'll be fine. It just goes under the Arts Centre and Robo's Lego house - far enough away from the trap plan I think.

The red line (W) may have to be adjusted eventually. It runs under the desert between the bowling alley and Dellphi's house, so any builds between those would hit it if they had basements. We'll see what pops up and address it when it comes time.

I still may rework the lines coming in and out of the station though, but that won't affect the paths other than directly around the station.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-16, 10:12

No huge problem, just needs moving to under Division as it hits Main Street, right? Easy enough.

EDIT: So, I guess it would be helpful to know where the trap is actually intended to go. If we don't have to move the rail (i.e.: it doesn't sit under the centre of the Lego House) then that would be easier all round.

Last edited by Bryson : 2012-04-16 at 11:23.
¡Damned!

2012-04-16, 10:33

The short side of the trap will stretch between the back of the floating mob head to under the exchange (maybe underneath the sidewalk as well), and the long side will stretch from the far side of central park to under the river.

What's the death-drop # for mobs again? I can't seem to remember.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-04-16, 10:43

It's 4.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-04-16, 11:26

That's good. Looks like someone put a lot of work into upgrading the initial tunnel as well, (now lined with nice stone) so it's good that it doesn't need to move.

Can I suggest that the "stopping" lines be fitted with V-slots rather than hard stops, so you can just press a button to keep going rather than have to get out and restart? I have a prototype small station stop at the Boathouse. Thoughts?
¡Damned!

2012-04-16, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Can I suggest that the "stopping" lines be fitted with V-slots rather than hard stops, so you can just press a button to keep going rather than have to get out and restart? I have a prototype small station stop at the Boathouse. Thoughts?
I was going to suggest that as well. Much handier.
delphi

2012-04-16, 11:55

Sorry guys. I've been just working away on the rails. I will gladly help make any adjustments.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-04-16, 13:26

You don't have to worry about adjusting any rails that may go under the bowling alley. If I make any additions it will be up rather than making any basements.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-04-16, 16:21

Personally I hate the V-stops.

This is why I set the Northern rail to be express and the southern to be the one with stops. Just take the rail that fits best. Get off when you need to. Push start if you must.

I think the Western branch needs to have the Northern rail be express also. For the N/S rail lines it should be either the Eastern or Western that is the express and the other have the stops.

This is my personal take however. I hate the V-stops.