Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Burger flipping attachment for iPhone

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Burger flipping attachment for iPhone
iKickAss

2007-01-15, 12:24

Seriously.

Connects to the iPhone via the dock connector, provides large spatula and flipping action. Features a detector on the spatula which provides burger orientation information mid-flip. This is used to provide audio commentary ("one rotation, two rotations" etc) through earphones or the speaker.

When connected, the iPhone recognises the device and displays one button which takes up the entire screen: "FLIP BURGER". On pressing the button the iPhone first sends a signal which moves the spatula upwards by a fraction, barely noticeable to the user. This is to check for resistance. If there is no resistance, the user is alerted via audio and the on screen message: "NO BURGER PRESENT".

No word on an official product name yet but we do know the codename for the project is iToss. This was apparently chosen as it definitely wont be used for the final product name due to sexual connotations.

Set for release in the US in the last quarter of this year, no set date for other markets.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-01-15, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKickAss View Post
Seriously.

Connects to the iPhone via the dock connector, provides large spatula and flipping action. Features a detector on the spatula which provides burger orientation information mid-flip. This is used to provide audio commentary ("one rotation, two rotations" etc) through earphones or the speaker.

When connected, the iPhone recognises the device and displays one button which takes up the entire screen: "FLIP BURGER". On pressing the button the iPhone first sends a signal which moves the spatula upwards by a fraction, barely noticeable to the user. This is to check for resistance. If there is no resistance, the user is alerted via audio and the on screen message: "NO BURGER PRESENT".

No word on an official product name yet but we do know the codename for the project is iToss. This was apparently chosen as it definitely wont be used for the final product name due to sexual connotations.

Set for release in the US in the last quarter of this year, no set date for other markets.

Cute.

Last edited by turtle : 2007-01-15 at 12:41.
infinitespecter

2007-01-15, 13:49

Wait, wasn't this a part of the McDonald's Sandwich making patent application?
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-01-15, 15:05

Good to know you are doing something to exercise your brain during those long and boring shifts at McDonalds.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-01-15, 15:13

mCdonalds+iPod?
iKickAss

2007-01-15, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Good to know you are doing something to exercise your brain during those long and boring shifts at McDonalds.

I never knew workers at McDonalds had access to the internet and nothing to do all day.

That's because I don't work or eat there.

For the record, this product is not affiliated with any restaurant. Let alone an international conglomerate fronted by a clown.
Gizzer

2007-01-17, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
mCdonalds+iPod?

The McTosser?
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-01-25, 01:47

crazy crazy!!
I would so buy it, i dont work at any burger joints, but it would be fun to show off my new phone to friends. "it doesn't have a kitchen sink, but it can make your food"
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2007-01-25, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souflay123 View Post
crazy crazy!!
I would so buy it, i dont work at any burger joints, but it would be fun to show off my new phone to friends. "it doesn't have a kitchen sink, but it can make your food"
It doesn't have a kitchen sink, but doubles as a kitchen gadget?

Maybe Chucker could build a burgertemp program. Mmmmm, a perfectly cooked to my specs burger, every time, just add the thermometer into the spatula.
iKickAss

2007-02-09, 16:53

This is a direct rip off, I'm filing a law suit now:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/08/s...cipes-coo-boo/
SteveC

2007-09-17, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKickAss View Post
I never knew workers at McDonalds had access to the internet and nothing to do all day.

That's because I don't work or eat there.

For the record, this product is not affiliated with any restaurant. Let alone an international conglomerate fronted by a clown.
Isn't every international conglomerate fronted by a clown? That's the best way to keep the monkeys happy.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-09-17, 10:14

You're forgetting that Ronald McDonald has striking similarities to 'It'.

Red hair, palsy white skin, red lipstick, manical facial exression and freaking ugly costumes.

Beware, I tell you! Turn and confess your sins before it is too late!

*ahem* Sorry, my doomsday-saying got in the way. My point was that they're nothing like Bill and Steve.