Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Flu infection

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Flu infection
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
perk

2006-01-30, 17:40

Has anyone experienced about Bird Flu? And what have you done for it?
I am very ill because I have flu infection, during flu infection I do not have
Food because My whole body is very painful and infected by Bird Flu Virus.?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-01-30, 17:47

Huh?

Go to the hospital if you are really ill.

Go to hell if you aren't.

Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-01-30, 17:50

1.wait? you have bird flu?
2.bird flu=death. or do you have the regular flu?
3.why is this posted on applenova?

billybobsky
BANNED

2006-01-30, 17:54

2. Not actually sure about that one, windowsrookie... It appears that the stories of the bird flu may be vastly overstated, particularly since they don't know who endemic the flu is... that is we see several tens of cases that people become extensively ill, but we don't know how many people are actually infected and how many of those show the death causing symptoms...

Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-01-30, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
Go to hell if you aren't.

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-30, 17:59

Whatever you do, don't eat chicken soup. That's just for regular colds. If you eat it while you have the bird flu, eating more bird products exponentially increases your chance of death.

Penguins are good though, because their wings are shit. A penguin has never flu, so you can't get it from them.

Not the Pittsburgh Penguins though, they're so bad that their games could cause death, whether you already have the bird flu or not.

Not sure about not eating though, man. What's that saying, starve a fever, feed the bird flu? Eat some oatmeal or something. Might want to hit the doctor's office too while you're at it.

What was the question again? Anyway, welcome to AppleNova. Go to the doctor, dumbass.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2006-01-30, 18:40

At least this is posted in the right forum. Heh.

spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2006-01-30, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by perk
I am very ill because I have flu infection, during flu infection I do not have
Food because My whole body is very painful and infected by Bird Flu Virus.?
Yes.

T-Man
The Hoarding Packrat™

2006-01-30, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
What was the question again? Anyway, welcome to AppleNova. Go to the doctor, dumbass.
Are we suppose to take that as a greeting?

Yes, go to the doctor. Hope you get well.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-30, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrookie
3. why is this posted on applenova?
Because logically when you want unparalleled medical advice, you should log onto a forum you've never been to before, and ask people you don't know if you have a life-threatening illness. WTF?

I mean seriously.. W _ T _ F ?!

Dude, if you think you have something worse the the normal flu (which can be pretty bad as far as fever and muscle pain), GET YOUR ASS TO A HOSPITAL. This is almost worse than a new member logging in for the first time, going to Apple Products and posting "Hey evree1, Window$ is het sUk! Should I buy a Mac? Derrrr."

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2006-01-30 at 22:54.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-30, 22:44

Quote:
Not the Pittsburgh Penguins though, they're so bad that their games could cause death, whether you already have the bird flu or not....

Watch it, smart guy, or this might be you the next time you step on the ice.

Chinney
Veteran Member

2006-01-30, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej
At least this is posted in the right forum. Heh.
No it isn't. It belongs in the Genius Bar.

Linus van Pelt

2006-01-31, 00:40

this is too much!! i am keeled over from laughter. AppleNova has too many comedians and not enough doctors. Go figure.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-31, 00:44

Laughter is now officially the best medicine (efficacy on Bird Flu not yet tested). In a surprising twist, laughter just recently edged out the newly patented, Flying Dutchman lobotomy kick. Dr. Chuck spares many a moron a tortured life in this way. The "H" in Chuck stands for Healer, btw.

scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-01-31, 01:10

Quote:
A penguin has never flu, so you can't get it from them.
That cracked me up!

Nice one murbot!

koly

2006-01-31, 12:06

Hi friends perk
I am feeling for you very sorry, because you are suffering from bird flu infection, and you are not taking food regularly in good quantity, but you have to take food in good quantity, without food how is this possible to be strong, and without getting strong how can you fight with bird flu infection, an keep your weather neat and clean for more information visit here- http://www.mymomtasteslikechicken.com use it and get benefit.

tsk, tsk - we no likey the spammy. - murbot

intlplby
Veteran Member

2006-01-31, 12:11

this thread is friggin hilarious

wtg murbut

spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2006-01-31, 12:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by koly
Hi friends perk
I am feeling for you very sorry, because you are suffering from bird flu infection, and you are not taking food regularly in good quantity, but you have to take food in good quantity, without food how is this possible to be strong, and without getting strong how can you fight with bird flu infection, an keep your weather neat and clean for more information visit here- [spam] use it and get benefit.
Mystery solved!

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-31, 12:31

Funny you say that, I got my first negative rep points in, oh, a year and a half yesterday, for my not-nice welcoming of perk to AppleNova. Waaaaaa.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-01-31, 14:06

Everyone's yukking it up at this poster's expense.

Apparently no one thinks the post could be legitimate.

However, the poster is from India, and since bird flu has turned up in various parts of Asia, I think there's a chance this post could be real.

In any case, billybobsky, I think telling such a first time poster to go to hell is rude, unacceptable, and embarrassing to some of us who see no reason for AppleNova members to exhibit such uncalled for hostility to brand new members.

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-31, 14:23

You don't think it odd that someone joins a Macintosh message board to ask the members if he has the friggin' bird flu?

Sounds like crap to me.

¡Damned!

2006-01-31, 14:28

More than odd, I'd say....especially with his 'do not have Food', only to have koly pop up less than a day later with 'food in good quantity'. I think an IP check is in order.

So it goes.

spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2006-01-31, 14:28

And the spam posted by koly (who is probably perk in disguise) pretty much seals the deal, doesn't it?

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2006-01-31, 14:29

I would normally agree with you Carol, but in this instance not so much.

If the poster had the "Bird Flu" he would not be posting here because he would be at deaths door. And like everyone else has said, why would you join a forum like this to let us know you have Bird Flu? The way it has been covered in the media, anyone who even remotely thinks they have contracted it would be rushing to a hospital ASAP.

The whole thing just seems very odd, thats all.

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-31, 15:16

While I won't disclose full e-mail addresses, both perk and koly have this on the end of them:

_tab1@yahoo.co.in

with different 4 letter names preceding that.

IPs look completely different, but I'm not into digging around to find out where IPs originate and things like that... I leave that to the smart admins.

I do think it's safe to say that this guy is full of shit, and a ploy to plug some kind of website. Damn, I should have jotted that down before I edited it for him.

billybobsky
BANNED

2006-01-31, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept
In any case, billybobsky, I think telling such a first time poster to go to hell is rude, unacceptable, and embarrassing to some of us who see no reason for AppleNova members to exhibit such uncalled for hostility to brand new members.
Sorry Carol... If you read my post, I told the poster that if he was ill he should seek a physician, and if he wasn't (and was thus lying in order to gain sympathy or for profit (as the case is)) then he should go to hell.

He should go to hell.

I stand by that statement as much as I would tell a first time spammer here to go to hell.

It really is that simple, and it is really fair unlike your comments.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-31, 19:41

Carol you're missing the larger point. Why would someone who suspected they have bird flu, seek out a seemingly random computer forum they've never been to, register, and then ask a random group of people (who have no knowledge of this person's medical history or living conditions) if they have bird flu? Why would the internet even cross this person's mind (aside from places like WebMD maybe)?!

Clearly this is one of the stupidest things many of us have seen here in a long time, and is not indicative of someone who is coming here to be a part of our Mac-loving, tender hearted community.

It's good to be a sympathetic person and a caring person, but you're caring about the wrong person. This individual is either a troll or just... I dunno. Clueless. Put yourself in the position of someone who has come down with a serious illness, and is seeking advice. Would you surf around the internet until you found a nice *computer forum* and go ask someone for medical advice or diagnosis? NO. The thought wouldn't even cross your mind most likely. A#1 you would call your DOCTOR, or local hospital or local clinic or whatever.

If you put your emotions aside and use logic you'll see no one has stepped out of line here at all. This is like someone who wants to know if their diet is healthy, calling up the NASA switchboard and saying "I haven't had a lot of energy lately and my skin is pekid... do you think I need more green vegetables in my diet?"

Last edited by Moogs : 2006-01-31 at 19:48.

murbot
Hoonigan

2006-01-31, 19:44

It's probably a weird ploy to see a picture of Carol's boobs... one that we just haven't quite figured out yet.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-31, 19:51

As lovely as Carol's boobs must be, there is no shortage of bodacious breast pictures on the webernet. I mean that's almost worse that what we already have. Why not just logon to boobsgalore.nipple and have at it? No conspiracy necessary, just working digits and enough neurons firing to type a google query. If there is a conspiracy here, I'm calling the Chuck squad in to deliver bloodshed.

VERSACE

2006-03-01, 21:46

Quote:
While I won't disclose full e-mail addresses, both perk and koly have this on the end of them:

_tab1@yahoo.co.in
MADE IN INDIA