Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

CNN's iReport beta..."your stories, no boundaries"

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
CNN's iReport beta..."your stories, no boundaries"
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-03, 22:59

I just now saw this, while scanning CNN.com's homepage for news of the day.

http://beta.ireport.com/home/index.jspa

From the site:

Quote:
Welcome to a brand new beta site for uncensored, user-powered news. CNN built the tools, you take it from there. All the stories here are user-generated and instant: CNN does not vet or verify their authenticity or accuracy before they post*. The ones with the "On CNN" stamp have been vetted and used in CNN news coverage.
* I'd argue that they're not all that shit-hot about always 'vetting or verifying' the authenticity or accuracy of stories they have on their site or channel, but that's a whole other discussion...

Seems to be a bit of a "YouTube-ification" of news reporting. I know this "user submitted video and footage" comes in handy during hurricanes, cruise liner food poisoning outbreaks, Christmas shopping stampedes, etc. But it sure feels odd devoting a site to it and loudly trumpeting "we don't give a rip what gets put up here, and connected, in spirit, with CNN's operations! Have at it, gang...we'll post whatever ya got!"

This is going to be ugly, I'm afraid. I can see this getting out of hand pretty much, oh, immediately.

How many home blowjob vids ("Breaking news, CNN! My girlfriend finally got a handle on that whole 'gag reflex' thing...check it out!"), and stripper pole "investigative reports" are there going to be in the first week?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-03-03, 23:18

...and on a related note, I think it's time ol' Paulie finally buys a camcorder!

zsummers
Avast!

2008-03-04, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
...and on a related note, I think it's time ol' Paulie finally buys a camcorder!

*rimshot!