Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Official Crazy Conspiracy Theories Thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Official Crazy Conspiracy Theories Thread
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-03-03, 08:23

This thread is intended to be a place to share insane theories we hear out in the world, to get confirmation that WE are not in fact crazy for finding the theories (and the people who spread them) crazy.

This morning I failed a personal rule and engaged a nut I know to refute her claim that basalt formations, like those in the Giants Causeway, are organic.

Her previous revelation was that she had confirmed with some Marines at a restaurant that they were busy "busting bunkers"... saying that our country is riddled with abandoned underground government highways that are being used for high volume trafficking of children.

Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-03-03, 10:48

Did man really land on the moon? I’m not always sure.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-03, 11:51

JFK was assassinated by the ghost of Abraham Lincoln!

I think this is not going to go the way you want it to go, but we shall give it a try!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-03, 12:03

One of my favorites is the microchip with a dose of the covid vaccine. Given the number of biohackers out there these days and the ability to scan for an RFID/NFC signal makes it highly unlikely that those getting vaccinated are getting chipped against their will.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-03, 13:04

The chip thing has been going around for so long that I can't even remember when it started. I recall having that conversation not less than 15 years ago. I think the conspiracy idea comes from the mark of the beast from the Book of Revelation. My personal belief is that most interpretations of the verses in question don't bother to recognize that the mark of the beast is a voluntary system, not one that is forced*. Being "injected" with a chip against one's will is a use of force, not of voluntary reception. Thus, in my opinion at least, it becomes a moot point.

And here is an interesting question: Let's say for the sake of argument that a piece of evidence exists that clearly craps on the "official" story. Is there now a conspiracy in place, or do we poo-poo the conspiracy because we really, really, really want to believe the official story is super-always-honest-no-matter-what? Since most conspiracies are grounded in political flag-waving, I think one of two things will happen: 1) We will accept any "evidence" that fits our political narrative; 2) We will deny any "evidence" that does not fit our political narrative. Thus, any and all stories/videos/proof is either accepted or denied based solely on which side of the flag we stand. The point here is that true conspiracies exist, and we cannot permit ourselves to look the other way simply because the conspiracy doesn't line up with our political thinking.

* I am stating this here to inject an idea of where the conspiracy comes from, not to have a religious debate/argument. As it stands, this thread is only going to survive if we keep it civil. Debate the merits of the theory. Name-calling, "my religion is better than yours", political finger-pointing, and other such crap has no place. So please stow it.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-03-03 at 15:29.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-03, 15:38

Here are my favorites:

* "The magic bullet can't do that": I do not believe Oswald acted alone, and have seen enough evidence to be 100% convinced;

* "The moon landings were faked": I believe we landed on the moon, and have seen enough evidence to be 100% convinced;

* "The twin towers were brought down with high explosives": I think this is utter crap, and have seen enough evidence to be 100% convinced.

Sometimes I believe the conspiracy is real (JFK assassination), and sometimes I do not (The moon and 9/11, although with the latter I do believe there was a conspiracy, just not the explosives part). I do believe that there are real conspiracies in play—at all levels of government, in all nations, within all corporations, and amongst all families—and I do not necessarily always need *proof* to believe it. Sometimes I just have a gut feeling, and you cannot convince me otherwise. "There's something just not right about X!" and I genuinely believe that.

Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-03-03, 16:03

I think sometimes it depends on what is meant by "conspiracy." In it's simplest form it's an agreement between conspirators (parties to a secret plan.) I'm not a lawyer, so I have an honest question here: is it possible that conspiracy can be achieved by subtle nods, some tacit acceptance or understanding of intent, well timed silence about impending actions? That it need not be overtly planned? Think Oswald. It's at least plausible that certain parties could have been in a position to act to increase the safety of the president and to have knowledge of immanent risks, and yet discretely, tacitly, co-ordinated to simply not act...

kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-09, 18:05

Birds aren't real!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-09, 19:46

I cannot believe I actually watched that.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-10, 11:04

Me, too! I thought it was hilarious.

The part I enjoyed most was when dude described some of his encounters with "true-life, we believe this crap" followers who, you know, believe it.

Humans is the funniest peoples.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-10, 11:24

The Internet, with all else it has done/provided, has certainly given crazy-ass people a platform and an easy, quick way for their nonsense and horseshit to get around the planet, attracting other crazy-asses to the cause.

If you were any sort of practicing wingnut in 1972, copy/paste mimeographed newsletters were how you demonstrated/proved to everyone you were insane, and two sandwiches short of a picnic. Now you can just hop on Twitter, or create a blog or website, and, in the blink of an eye, people in Perth, Helsinki, Liverpool, Seoul, Lima, etc. can all roll their eyes, laugh at you and make dismissive comments.

A beautiful, wonderful tool!

The logo/icon for the Internet should be a guy in a white uniform holding a net.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-10, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
The logo/icon for the Internet should be a guy in a white uniform holding a net.
Now, if only we knew someone with mad, graphic-design skilz …

By the way, his head should be the current World Wide Web planet logo.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2023-01-31, 08:18

Yesterday I sat in a room with two people who discussed a plot that is making everyone's chickens sterile, with an additional dollop of Lisa Marie Presley dying of Covid. I declined to participate.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2023-01-31, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Yesterday I sat in a room with two people who discussed a plot that is making everyone's chickens sterile, with an additional dollop of Lisa Marie Presley dying of Covid. I declined to participate.

You mean the government and the national people to force veganism on everyone foundation hasn't sterilized your chickens yet!