User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

"Date Modified" selection in "Open" windows, buggy?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Date Modified" selection in "Open" windows, buggy?
nathanaaron02

2005-03-09, 10:45

Hey!
Alright, is this me, or Mac? I used to have a PC, you would open a window/"Open" window in a program, etc. and I would select "Date Modified" instead of the name of the file, so I could quickly choose my latest file, etc. So everytime I try to do this on my new PB, it just seems like it doesn't work very well. At first all it did was jumble them up, some 02/05's would be first, then 01/05, then some 03/05's, for example only; and that isn't "By Date Modified." I then started clicking the "File Name" section, and it would place that in alphabetical order, THEN if I clicked on the Date Modified, it would line them up, MOST of the time, correctly. But all this additional clicking is just silly. Am I the only one with this problem? Is there some simple solution? Thanks!
julesstoop
Veteran Member

2005-03-09, 12:37

With me it works just fine.
Medium sized folder: about 80 items;
OS X 10.3.8
Tested Applications: Safari, TextEdit.

My only grippe is that when I click the first time on the tab, it puts the oldest on top (I want it to be the newest)
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-03-09, 18:10

nathanaaron02 Check you Date format - maybe 01/05 means 1st of May ... or maybe it means 5th of January - then again this does not explain 02/05, 01/05 and then 03/05 order. Odd - works for me no problemo.