User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
college
spiff

Send a message via AIM to spiff  
2005-03-19, 19:55

I hope I don't start a huge run of these type of threads but I'm starting college at the University of Albany this fall and was wondering if anyone from this forum has attended this college.

I wouldn't ask if this wasn't such a large school. If I was attending some obscure college in upstate New York I wouldn't bother but U-Albany is quite popular.

Anyway, I was wondering what people who attended thought of if. More specifically, I wanted to know if it was a more PC or Mac oriented school. I'm going for computer science and the like. I don't exactly know what I'm majoring in yet.

Can you get by using a mac at this school? I know some places like RPI suck for using a mac. I've talked to people at the school but they seem to be pretty dumb about the whole thing. I saw a few macs there but not many.

I hope this isn't really stupid. I figured somebody here must have gone to this school. They have something around 20,000 students.

It seems like there's a lot of college threads lately in this forum.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-03-19, 19:59

Never attended, but the same answer as always.

Will work if they aren't doing some REALLy weird networking scheme. Campus is PC oriented if you say mostly PCs. You can get by on a mac.