AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Indian food recommendations

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Indian food recommendations
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2006-02-06, 01:00

There's an Indian buffet restaurant a few blocks from where I live, and this thread reminds me that I've got to check it out some day soon (having never eaten Indian food in my life). I do have one quick question for the experts here, however: How prevalent is dairy (milk, cheese, cream) in Indian dishes? Dairy and I don't get along well together, and quite a few dishes mentioned up-thread are obviously on my "can't eat" list.

Thanks.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2006-02-06, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWR
Sorry to correct the Brit, but Raita is a yogurt sauce spiced any which way. You still the man Bryson.
You live and learn...
GladToBeHere

2006-02-06, 15:06

LudwigVan, can't resist: you're lactose-in-toilet? I mean... intolerant?
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2006-02-07, 12:59

i've only had indian a few times, but its really good. my favorite is a lamb vindaloo. my first intro to indian was with a consultant who's contract was up and a bunch of work guys; the consultant unsurprisingly was indian. we ordered several dishes and shared them all. the vindaloo tends to be hot (the menus says its the hottest thing), but its not too bad with a good amount of naan, and some beer. i like to get a slightly different naan everytime to go with it. indian food, imo, goes very very well with beer. chicken vindaloo, while basically the same, is crap compared to the lamb. i'm not a big fan of the creamier dishes, but they are ok sometimes too.
Jonas

2006-02-07, 15:57

green garlic chicken... best dish evaaaaar...
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2006-02-07, 22:57

My favorite Indian dinner: Madras chicken ( haven't found a good vindaloo one yet), saffron rice w/ white raisins, and garlic naan. Yummy.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2006-02-07, 23:07

Franz, you're in Minnesota, right? Which place are you thinking of? Because I have a hankering for Indian food and I think we should go to one of them at lunch. Maybe we can get alcimedes and/or ThunderPoit in on it too, have a little Minnesota Indian Food luncheon.
GladToBeHere

2006-03-15, 18:30

Not that anyone cares, but my journey is finally ending-- I'm invited to an Indian wedding reception this weekend-- my first chance to experiment a bit. Supposed to be a big affair. Can't wait.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-11-17, 19:28

Veg Biryani is something I only found during the pandemic, and the pandemic closed the place where I first fell in love with it.

I'll be eating Indian tomorrow night!

Great post!