User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

iPhone: QuickVoice: Export

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone: QuickVoice: Export
surjones

2009-03-24, 12:54

Okay, so I recorded a 55 minute class and I need to get that to my MacBookPro. Besides playing and losing another generation of audio and have the chance of audio not sounding as good ~!

thanks
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-24, 13:35

Is there not a way to sync it to your Mac? I'm looking at its page at the App Store and I see this:

Quote:
Note: Be sure to download our FREE sync utility (for 1-click transferring of recordings to computer) by sending an email to SendMeSync@nFinityInc.com (You will receive an automated response in moments with the download link).
Sounds like you should do that, and it will allow you to easily get the lecture from your iPhone to your MacBook Pro?

BTW, this looks like a nice app. I've had VoiceNotes on my iPhone for ages, but it's a bit clunky and ugly, and not the most intuitive thing going. This looks a bit more up my alley, and more like a proper iPhone app. I may grab it and use until Apple's homegrown version shows up in 3.0.
surjones

2009-03-24, 13:39

Hmm So I email the link? or is it one click? the file is 99mb so that email 1mb file size limitation wont work

Edit: looking at the website from the Email - that syncing tool would be 25bucks. I dont want to spend money.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-24, 14:23

I think you e-mail to get a link to download what is supposed to be a free sync utility.

I don't know. I'm just sending you the info I saw on the app's page at the App Store.

The way I took it is you send that e-mail, they auto-reply back a link to a site where you download their free sync utility.

I don't know why they'd call it "free" one minute, and then $25 somewhere else. That's weird they'd do that. Bait-and-switch, or shady "get you in the door" tactics?

I wasn't expecting you to pay $25, and that isn't why I provided the info...

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2009-03-24, 14:28

Check out Griffin's iTalk.

Free phone app with some ad support, $5 version ad-free, free Mac client to sync up the audio.

It records in AIFF, syncs to Mac, converts to MP3/AAC, and plops it back into iTunes to be synced back to the iPhone in a smaller format. You then have both the high and low rez versions on the Mac to play with, and the low-rez version on the iPhone for portability.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-24, 14:39

I just downloaded and tried it the whole QuickVoice thing, surjones (the iPhone app and the FREE utility I originally brought up). It works, and I don't see anything about $25. It's a free little utility that pulls the the voice notes off your phone and puts them into your Documents folder.

I just went throught the entire procedure (downloaded/installed the iPhone app, recorded myself babbling for about 30 seconds, downloaded the sync utility, it creates a "QuickVoice iPhone Recordings" folder in your Documents folder). I synced my phone, launched the sync utility, it found the recording, copied it and I just now played it on my iMac. Twice.

I'm giving you the solution you're asking for. Quit second-guessing it all and just do what I've written and you'll have your lecture on your Mac. And I've yet to be beaten out of $25...

Here's the direct link to the sync utility, so you don't even have to send that request e-mail...

Or do what Kickaha says.

surjones

2009-03-24, 16:01

Sorry Pscates. Yea I was looking at the wrong page - yea worked great, thanks again for your patients as well. This worked great!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-24, 16:08

Yeah, their site is odd, and they seem to have free and then pro-level "paid" versions. It's kinda confusing in places.

Glad you're up and running now.
surjones

2009-03-24, 16:11

well I thought I was good - found out that the 99mb file did not transfer!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-03-24, 16:12

For a software limitation (requiring the $25 version), or some sort of technical/connection (and fixable) reason?

I admit, my early test file was quite small (just me rambling for about half-a-minute).

Maybe the free sync utility is limited to a certain recording length and/or file size?

I hope that's not the case.
surjones

2009-03-24, 16:29

I know! I hope not! That would suck if there are said such limitations. It transfered all my smaller files, largest one being 8.1mb. And I cant find any support on the website - Which the FAQ is like 4 questions.

Last edited by surjones : 2009-03-24 at 16:56.
tabster23

2010-04-27, 23:09

I'm using a PC.. and I can't for the life of me find the Free Sync Utility..

Can someone help?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2010-04-28, 00:12

wait, did you record it with the native recorder app? I know that THAT syncs with iTunes... otherwise disregard.

marcopoloni

2012-12-18, 06:04

hey guys, stop loosing your time and money trying to fiddle with apple or third-party apps. the real point is this: your iphone is an operating system and a hard disk. this means that the data is inside. so the real question is, why should i go through hassle to extract it through special apps, when it's just sitting there, ready to be copied??

get yourselves an app called iphone explorer. this free app jailbreaks your iphone and allows to copy all your data, pics, movies, voice recordings directly to your computer. super easy!

once you connect your iphone to your computer, in iphone explorer go to iphone -> apps –> quickvoice -> documents. all your recordings are there.

it actually angers me to see how apple managed to create and make so much money out of a locked-up system and have people pay for access.
Bonn89

2012-12-18, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopoloni View Post
this free app jailbreaks your iphone
Just want to clear up to everyone that iPhone Explorer does NOT jailbreak your device. From what I can tell, iPhone Explorer lets you access everything but the root directory (something that is accessible if you choose to jailbreak).

A non-jailbroken device will still have the Apps directory available, and your recording should be stored under the appropriate apps's folder in that directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopoloni View Post
it actually angers me to see how apple managed to create and make so much money out of a locked-up system and have people pay for access.
How do you come to the conclusion that any of this makes Apple any money?

The iOS app you're using to record, along with the OS X companion app, are both offered in free versions - or, you could use the free, built-in Voice Memos app.

Apple offers FREE, built-in file sharing/transfer through iTunes or iCloud, which are - again - both free.

iPhone Explorer lets you access the /Apps directory of the device, FOR FREE. And, if you jailbreak your device (for free) you can access the entire file system, including files and directories you shouldn't be fudging with in the first place.