Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.16 - Nether Update!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.16 - Nether Update!
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2020-06-23, 16:06

A full Nether overhaul! Respawn! Survive!

Four new Biomes!:

Bastion Remnants!

Feast on the Zoglin & barter with the Piglin! Saddle up the Strider and explore the lava seas!

Oodles of new blocks!

All the things!!!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-06-23 at 16:26.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-06-23, 16:26

It is a very good-looking update.

Now, if only I had time to play.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-06-23, 17:26

WOW!!

Did our nether get this update??

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-06-23, 17:43

We haven't updated anything yet... though I might make it happen since we are still in a temp world anyway! Any one interested? I still haven't played in a while though.

Moving takes a lot of your time and I still haven't found a new "normal" for this place yet.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-06-23, 17:44

Do it!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-06-24, 00:42

Zap my crap
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-06-24, 08:11

So total wipe or just Nether?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-06-24, 08:45

Oh! Maybe start with Nether?
If everybody agrees?

¡Damned!

2020-06-24, 08:45

Just the Nether plz.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-06-24, 10:16

Yep. Just the Nether. And go ahead and bring the 1.16 Nether to the old map. Wipe the whole damn thing!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-06-24, 14:01

Done. Nether in the "temp world" is now cleared out and the server is now running 1.16.1!

Nether doesn't look very different though. Wonder if I missed a step in getting it to regenerate. I saw new lava falling from the ceiling so I know I erased it, but I'm not seeing biomes and such in here.

Edit: Maybe there is something different!

Edit2: Yep, it's new!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-06-25, 17:33

The NewNether is awesome. Unfortunately, I am now bottled up on my little island with no path home.

Oh well. Just call me Chuck.

By the way, anyone got a porta-potty?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-06-26, 09:15

I haven't been able to spend much time there either. I went in using the portal in a really built up village and was shocked that it was the same as before. I had to travel from there to see anything new.

My son has been playing on the Xbox and is in love with the new Nether.

¡Damned!

2020-06-26, 16:22

The 'Nether Wastes' biome is basically the same as what the entire Nether was made of prior to 1.16, so it makes sense that the area around spawn looks the same. The other 4 biomes are all very close, which is nice. Not nice are the new Piglin guys that run around shooting at you with crossbows! And the boars are even meaner!

Brad's texture pack seems to have migrated nicely into 1.16 without any hiccups that I've seen, so there's that piece of good news.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-06-26, 18:09

My son said wearing any single gold armor piece keeps the Piglins friendly to you. Don't take too much damage though. The armor breaks and then you are going to get hammered.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-12, 15:45

Popping through the forums it occurred to me that I haven't been on the server in ages. We have been so slammed here since this whole COVID thing started that the only time I have to play is in the evenings, and then I'm on our home server. Just been too busy.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2020-08-12, 21:00

I popped in today for the first time in a week or so just to fly around and see if anyone had built something new. Didn't find anything, but I didn't travel too far away from our pathways and known villages. Honestly, the start-fresh-world is fun and all but I've probably gone as far as I'm going to go in this one. I haven't been around much either during these COVID times (seems odd, no? like this should be when everyone has the time to play), just too busy with irl stuff.

Maybe we reload the 'real' world and boost it to 1.15 until we can get a 1.16 date going? I'd probably be moved to be on more if I could be working on something in our permanent world.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-12, 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I'd probably be moved to be on more if I could be working on something in our permanent world.
Yep. I smell a massive Nether Hub update.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-13, 14:27

I thought our original world was 1.15. Am I remembering wrong? I know I can log into the server to check but working on a job project right now.

I can certainly revert us back to the original home world when ever we are ready. I would certainly prefer Brad make these changes but I can capable if he isn't available.

¡Damned!

2020-08-13, 17:01

We're still pre-bees in our home world, so 1.14. I suggested boosting it to 1.15 because we wouldn't have to trim any map areas and it could be pretty straightforward. Plus, it would give us a chance to jot down the coords of all the portals in the nether before we jump to 1.16 and do the big wipe.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-13, 20:52

Oh wow. I'm good with the change either way. If we don't hear from Brad then I'll try to get it done Sunday? That sound good to everyone?

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2020-08-20, 08:23

If anybody wants to see some cool landscapes Before we wipe you can head out to my small outpost (west I think) at -1400, 740 and then turn south and keep going until you hit the ocean (-1340, 1110).

Really cool if you come into the bay by boat.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-20, 08:39

Well I guess this weekend came and went.

Maybe this weekend I'll get to it? I'm good with us going up to 1.15 as part of the move too.

Edit: Please verify with me, we last played CC this past Christmas before moving to the new vanilla world? That was 1.14. The 1.15 version of the world is a clean new world that we are in now that I upgraded us to 1.16 in right?

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-20, 11:05

That seems right.
¡Damned!

2020-08-20, 14:52

Ya. The Temp 1.15 world started on christmas eve.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-20, 15:16

Great. I'll make backups of the world as it is in 1.16 and then delete it. I'll delete the 1.15 world that exists completely and then upgrade CC to 1.15 before it goes live. I'm sure it won't be problem, but figured I'd let y'all know.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-20, 15:20

Bah, kick the whole thing to 1.16 and delete the Nether.

Then bump me to Creative and I'll come in and rebuild the Nether hub.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-20, 15:31

OK, any objections to going to 1.16? I'm really good with it.

I might even give creative to everyone for a short window of time or something.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-20, 15:46

The Nether in 1.16 is a good enough update that I think a total Nether wipe is worth it. Plus, it gives us the opportunity to completely rebuild the Nether Hub using new blocks that look better and are more complimentary to the new biomes. I have a design I would like to show, and it will require a LOT of new blocks. I especially want 709's input, but I no longer have access to a free photo-sharing site and am not interested in paying for something when I only ever upload images for AppleNova, and rarely at that.

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-08-20 at 16:10.
¡Damned!

2020-08-20, 19:46

Yeah I'm fine with going with a total jump to 1.16.2. We had a thread some years ago where nether portal coords were jotted down, so I'm sure we can dig that back up and improv the rest. Creative mode for a week or so would be greatly appreciated, as the new Nether hub may take some to build given our weird Covid schedules.

[edit]: MC: Nether Hub 2.0 < the thread where we catalogued a bunch of portal coords.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2020-08-20 at 19:57.