Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

hot link targets slightly off

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
hot link targets slightly off
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-05-23, 07:29

I don't know whether it is my mouse or not - but tonight I have not been able to drag on a scroll bar in Safari (admittedly I have the scroll wheel perform that function - but usually it still works).

The selection of text in this message window (where I am writing this message now) is not working properly either - it goes about three characters to the right of where I click. Also, I am not able to click directly onto hotlink buttons (such as MSN or AIM for example) or the smilies - again I need to click about a centimetre to the right to activate them.

What gives?

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-05-23, 07:51

Weird - it's now working... move along nothing to see here.
However, if somebody can explain the phenomenon, please let me know what was going on around the time I made that post above.

twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-05-23, 11:27

When in doubt, the first and easiest step is to restart your software. Quit and relaunch the app and if that doesn't help restart the computer.

Do you recall if that is what you did to resolve the issue?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-05-23, 11:49

No I actually didn't restart the app or the machine - it just seemed to click right after a while... maybe I had too many other apps open, or was trying to do something when the computer was churning away at a download or something. :shrugs:

twitter
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-05-23, 20:54

Try cleaning your mouse(is it optical?). There might be something in the way of the little LED. Also, try using a mousepad. When I use an optical mouse on my wood desk, it often jumps.

And check and make sure that the cord isn't getting pinched, that's given me problems too.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-05-23, 22:54

Thanks for the reply CubeDude. The mouse is optical and I do use a Mouse pad.

It all seems to be working now. However, if it ever occurs again, I will check the LED (why I didn't check that in the first place - I don't know ) as well as look at the cord. FWIW, I don't recall that the cord was being pinched, b/c I had a folder with some notes lying on top of the cord - not pressing on the cord in a heavy manner, just obscuring my vision of it.

twitter