MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - C'mon baby, take a chance with us
Page 12 of 16 First Previous 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-10, 21:45

I'll make anything happen you guys want me to. I typically hold off on those upgrades fro Brad just because of the system he has in place on the server. I'm sure I can replicate it, just not what I "normally" do for the server.

Holding off for 1.9.1 seems like a good plan.

No need to make any changes in The End either. It should be a "plug and play" upgrade there.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-11, 10:25

Do it to it, Lars!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-12, 01:44

So I can't play the game right now. Seems the minecraft launcher is not working with my version of Mac OS (beta). Anyone use something that might work? I really don't want to wait until the next major release to do this. Isn't there something like Magic launcher or something like that?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-12, 02:06

I'm not playing tonight, but I was able to log in.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-12, 02:27

Well, I ended up searching for an finding MagicLauncher and installed it. It worked perfectly and I was able to run the OpiFine version of my jar too. Sadly, the official Minecraft launcher doesn't work on my system. Oh well, time to see if I can find the MiniMap mod I loved from Tekkit and FTB!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-16, 20:19

FWIW, I've updated my resource pack for 1.9 compatibility. I haven't uploaded the final zip yet, but it's basically ready for the go signal.

I have recently found myself with some free time on my hands, and I'll be happy to help with any updates if anyone needs it. T, would you like me to take a stab at anything on the server? Where do things currently stand?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-16, 21:31

I don't know of anything specifically than needs to be done with the server other than the update for MC. I'm sure there are some other updates that can be done with linux too but I haven't looked. As of right now it stands the exact same way you left it last.

Well, it does have a new power supply.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-16, 22:36

OK, cool. I'll get online tomorrow and take a stab at updating the MC server jars/properties/etc.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-16, 23:50

Yeah, and take a look at your PM's while you're at it.

Good to hear from you, Bradster!
¡Damned!

2016-03-17, 11:58

So where did we land on trimming and seeds? I'd prefer a new seed in the overworld outside of the trim, Nether left as-is, and The End re-started to clean up all of those extra exit portals (current seed is fine?). Does that sound in line with what everyone else is thinking?

I'm pretty sure this is the final trim as well:

Exciting times!

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-17, 12:02

Do it!

Just give advance so we can tear out the XP farm, first. Lots of resources in there.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-17, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Yeah, and take a look at your PM's while you're at it.

Good to hear from you, Bradster!
Err, crap! Sorry I missed those. Duly replied!

And thanks.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-17, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
So where did we land on trimming and seeds? I'd prefer a new seed in the overworld outside of the trim, Nether left as-is, and The End re-started to clean up all of those extra exit portals (current seed is fine?). Does that sound in line with what everyone else is thinking?
Looks good to me! I haven't played at all yet with new candidate seeds yet. I'll do that in the next day or so to try to find something reasonably balanced before unleashing on the server post-trim.

Only gotcha is that I believe all dimensions/worlds shares the same seed. So, changing the seed for the overworld also results in a change to terrain generation in the nether and end. JFYI.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-17, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Do it!

Just give advance so we can tear out the XP farm, first. Lots of resources in there.
How's post-weekend sound? That gives you the next couple of days to tear down anything you don't want lost. I'll do a trial run locally to see if the world can take a straight server update without manually replacing/updating anything (probably yes), and then once you guys are comfortable, I'll punch my old nuke 'em script on the region files on the server and update the seed.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-17, 18:14

Grey, we ready to tear down the farm?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-17, 19:05

If you guys finish your tear-down in short order, what is the consensus on doing a one night stand on a brand new world for old times' sake? Is Sunday or Monday night too soon? I'm just busy the nights of Tuesday the 22nd and Thursday the 24th.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2016-03-17, 20:22

Should be okay here either night.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-17, 23:14

Let me know what night it is and I'll do what I can to be there too.

For The End, you guys do know we can just clean up the portals without having to wipe it. There isn't really a reason to wipe and rebuild unless you really want to.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-18, 01:11

So I went in and removed all the extra portals and bedrock from The End. I don't see any reason to wipe it really. I stopped Ken from continuing to remove the XP trap. If you all really want it wiped we can, I just don't see the need when it upgrades perfectly and works well with the trap too.

As of now, the top needs to be put back on the XP farm.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-18, 09:23

Yep. I had just knocked out the roof when Turtle popped in and stopped me. If we want to keep things as they are, then we need to put the top back on, remove the path I built (Enders are spawning all over it) and replace the water.

I would rather keep the End as it is, rather than rebuilding the trap for a 3rd time. Considering all the good End stuff spawns over a thousand blocks away anyway, I can see no reason to destroy the trap considering the amount of work it will take to replace it, as well as the safe passage, etc.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2016-03-18, 10:05

Fine by me either way. My only concern about the trap being off the central island is that it'll get destroyed by each new dragon incarnation; the pathway out there especially (as happened in our previous 1.9 test). We could lay down obsidian or endstone underneath the stairs to at least be able to get to the areas that need to be repaired, and maybe replace the center bits of the walkway out there.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-18, 11:01

I think that makes good sense. We can "dragon-proof" the entire thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Considering the trap doesn't even spawn until you head out that way, perhaps the dragons will only have a negative affect on the path? That would be easy enough to underlay, or even wrap.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-18, 15:33

Don't we need to wipe the end so the server can properly generate
Spoiler (click to toggle):
the new end islands, trees, cities, etc?

Honest question... I haven't tried yet.
¡Damned!

2016-03-18, 15:48

I think they're far enough away (~1000 blocks iirc) from the main island where they'll just populate with the new seed like the overworld.

Not sure if the obsidian towers will generate around the remaining exit portal or if they'll create a new one at their center. Worth a test.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-18, 17:29

Turtle has run multiple tests without region and the islands spawn just fine.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-03-18, 18:54

Oh! OK great. I must have missed that experiment in my absence.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-03-19, 00:09

Yeah, my testing was with a older/early beta for 1.9. I didn't have any new dragon spawn so I don't know how that will turn out. Fine I'm sure.

All the islands will spawn without issue because they are so far outside of the current landmass in The End.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2016-03-19, 09:57

Quote:

I'm pretty sure this is the final trim as well:

Exciting times!
Looks fine for my areas out west. I'm going to drop the chunk to the southeast with the monument, no real need to keep that.
¡Damned!

2016-03-19, 13:59

Whoops! That wasn't intentional on my part... I must've used an old overlay and just updated the center stuff.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2016-03-19, 18:56

Quote:
Whoops! That wasn't intentional on my part... I must've used an old overlay and just updated the center stuff.
Nope fine as is for this wipe. I'd rather have the cliffs be more of a box around myself without that little jog to the south for the monument.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.