User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

So I got Guild Wars yesterday....


Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So I got Guild Wars yesterday....
Thread Tools
Schnauzer
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
 
2008-04-20, 10:02

Anyone else play here that wants to be my in game buddy? Any hints, tricks, tips for starting out. I am a ranger and level 3, woot!

My character name is: Nauzer Schnauzer

Any help would be nice, I can jump on TS if needed.

If you can read this this, please send to an admin, i am blocked and cant post....
  quote
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2008-04-20, 11:13

Wahoo! Another convert. I play on weekends and Tuesday/Thursday nights, so I'm quite often around. I'm totally willing to play with you, just let me know if I'm online.

Which campaign did you pick up, Prophecies (the original GW), Factions, or Nightfall? (I'm assuming you don't have Eye of the North since it's an expansion and requires one of the previous 3, unless you got the set with Prophecies and EotN?) I have a lowbie in each campaign that I can use to play with you, or I can drag out one of my max level 20s for ultimate protection of ultimate doom.

Having Nightfall/EotN, I also have Heroes, which are AI characters whose skills you can set and bring with you. They're much better than henchmen, and mean that if you can't find a party of humans, you can always have some backup. Let me tell you, Heroes really make your life easier! If you don't have access to Heroes, always go with henchmen. They might have some silly skills and dumb AI, but again, it makes soloing much easier. (You can't resurrect yourself if you die; a monk henchmen or hero can.)

Enough blather from me, unless you want more. I'm usually on as Kaylena Almeta or Sloane Navarre (my primaries). If you hit "N" it brings up your friendslist; add one of those names, and you'll be able to see me whenever I'm on, no matter what character I'm on.

I know I'm not the only one who plays, so look for others to jump in soon.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
  quote
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-04-20, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella
I'm quite often around. I'm totally willing to play with you, just let me know
  quote
Schnauzer
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
 
2008-04-20, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Wahoo! Another convert. I play on weekends and Tuesday/Thursday nights, so I'm quite often around. I'm totally willing to play with you, just let me know if I'm online.

Which campaign did you pick up, Prophecies (the original GW), Factions, or Nightfall? (I'm assuming you don't have Eye of the North since it's an expansion and requires one of the previous 3, unless you got the set with Prophecies and EotN?) I have a lowbie in each campaign that I can use to play with you, or I can drag out one of my max level 20s for ultimate protection of ultimate doom.
Sweet. I got the GW Platinum Edition, it comes with GW and GW: Eye of the North. I really don't know what that means but I think it is good... Next time I get on my PC I will add you to my list Do you use TS or Vent? If so what server so I can find you sometime. Thanks, I look forward to learning more about the game!

If you can read this this, please send to an admin, i am blocked and cant post....
  quote
torifile
Less than Stellar Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-04-20, 12:23

I haven't played in about a month because the HD I've got it on is out of commission (I lent out my enclosure and I can't use the drive). But I only play on Wed. and Sun nights and only for about an hour or so at a time. It's mostly to "hang out" with my brother-in-law but lately I'd much rather play my PS3. Considering we've been playing for a year and a half now, it was a good purchase. Definitely a worthwhile game considering there are no sub fees.
  quote
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2008-04-20, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
I got the GW Platinum Edition, it comes with GW and GW: Eye of the North. I really don't know what that means but I think it is good...
It is. Prophecies has the easiest learning curve if you're new because it takes the longest to level, which means you won't get overwhelmed too quick. You won't get Heroes until you can get into EotN later on, but you do get henchmen.

As for TS or Vent, I use them because I'm unfamiliar with them. I do use Skype because everyone in my guild (all 3 of us) routinely hang out on it anyways. If you want to give me a primer on how to use the other two I'd be willing to chat with you while playing. It's more efficient to voice chat anyways.

As for learning more, there's always the official Wiki on GuildWars.com, which has starter tutorials and more. I also run Denizens of Tyria, an LJ community in which I babble about the game. It's a decent primer, or so I want it to be, but a bit un-updated. I'm overdue to write proper class guides anyways.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
  quote
Schnauzer
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
 
2008-04-20, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
As for TS or Vent, I use them because I'm unfamiliar with them. I do use Skype because everyone in my guild (all 3 of us) routinely hang out on it anyways. If you want to give me a primer on how to use the other two I'd be willing to chat with you while playing. It's more efficient to voice chat anyways.
Sweet. If you want I use TS you can get it from http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads and when I get on GW with you I will teach you how to set it up. But I am pretty sure you could figure that out yourself. The TS server I use is: 64.182.146.96:8767

I might be on later tonight and I will check if you are online in GW! See yea!

If you can read this this, please send to an admin, i am blocked and cant post....
  quote
Posting Rules Navigation
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Post Reply

Forum Jump
Thread Tools
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone play Guild Wars? torifile Third-Party Products 11 2007-10-28 21:25
Adult Star Wars books Mac+ AppleOutsider 18 2006-04-05 21:09
A Motion to Ban Star Wars Banana Feedback 3 2005-04-11 19:05
OMFG!!!!1111 Star Wars Episode III .Hack AppleOutsider 4 2005-04-03 00:52
Star Wars Episode III Speculation macgeek2004 AppleOutsider 5 2005-03-22 08:26


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2020, AppleNova