MC 1.0: The New World

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC 1.0: The New World
Page 4 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-25, 13:51

We made it to the end last night (early this morning). There is a portal in the stronghold now too. It's way out there. Way out there. Seems there is no land in that area to put a portal so it's going to have to be built too. Off the top of my head it's at -700, -300.

Once in the end I fought the ender dragon for a bit until I finally needed to head to be. tp'ed to spawn and fell to my death. Have no idea where I was when I landed.

I'm at work so I can't go into too many details here. But thought you all might like to know.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-25, 19:25

FYI, OptiFine 1.0.0 was just released...

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Download my patched minecraft.jar file here if you don't want to go try patching your own. Caveat emptor, of course!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25122677/Min...0-optifine.zip

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-11-25, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
We made it to the end last night (early this morning). There is a portal in the stronghold now too. It's way out there. Way out there. Seems there is no land in that area to put a portal so it's going to have to be built too. Off the top of my head it's at -700, -300.

Once in the end I fought the ender dragon for a bit until I finally needed to head to be. tp'ed to spawn and fell to my death. Have no idea where I was when I landed.

I'm at work so I can't go into too many details here. But thought you all might like to know.
Gah, shows how much ive been paying attention. I mistook The End for The Farlands.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-26, 01:14

Brad, I discovered the "zoom in" (sniper) vision thing with the opti-fine JAR.... hold down "control" key and then move your mouse...

Also, I found a dungeon... a zombie spawner. What good are zombie spawners? For leveling up maybe sorta?

I may need help making it safe-ish.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-11-26, 03:15

We've gone nuclear.... Check out brad's awesome power station when you get a chance... Just a little south of Three Peaks spawn (New Spawn), you cannot miss it...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2011-11-26 at 11:43.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-26, 09:28

So....um....

If anyone is missing livestock let me know and I'll be more than happy to replace it. I am missing all of my livestock and think it might have to do with the butcher command I used last night (forgot to get the variable in there in haste).

If it wasn't me then I'm really confused.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2011-11-26 at 11:03.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-26, 10:47

"Butcher" command???
What the heck is "butcher" command (and does it work against creepers?)

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-26, 11:02

It does work on creepers. I was using it on zombies with a project I have in my secret labs.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-26, 13:35

Whoever is building in the desert near the Mall needs to know that the entire desert is slated for sand removal and terraforming, and that their first floor and below, should they continue to build, may become part of the communal mob trap.

I will leave signs at the construction site.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-26, 13:37

That's LS' so I'll let here know. I think she's doing it just to build something right now.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-26, 13:40

She's certainly welcome to build, especially when the terraforming is complete.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-26, 14:19

Last night she said it was so she could have an "L" in the desert. I'm guessing it's not a big deal to her. I'll chat with her about it when I get home from work.

Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-11-26, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
So....um....

If anyone is missing livestock let me know and I'll be more than happy to replace it. I am missing all of my livestock and think it might have to do with the butcher command I used last night (forgot to get the variable in there in haste).

If it wasn't me then I'm really confused.
So that's where all my animals went.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-11-27, 14:03

So I think, this may be a good time to start the discussion for the first subway/minecart line in the new world. Please see the map below. The terminus in the spawn mall is open to interpretation and debate (open room, actual train station, etc.). The west terminus by my tower will be eventually run out to grey's island if he so prefers, and out to bbsky's as well.

Turtle, I ran it along your southern property line on the south side of the chasm wall. I figured you won't have much underground building there. You can connect to it as well.

I've also marked out a tentative land grab line (blue) around my tower. It'll be largely undeveloped except for eventual parkland/walking paths.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-27, 15:33

I think we may want to wait on subway lines until the trap is finished and the desert/planned main area is at least terraformed. It may even be easiest to do it when the area is down to stone and we can then build over it. We don't know what that area is going to look like just yet, though, and if it will be a central location for some, we should probably wait for it to be a little further completed.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
¡Damned!

2011-11-27, 15:54

Looks good to me Elysium. As RS mentions, I think the main sub/rail station should be built in the upcoming terraformed zone, since it will have easy access to the mob trap and comm exchange. Plus I think we've planned a community meat farm to be built above the mob trap as well. One-stop shopping!

But I don't see why you couldn't build the rail out to The Mall. We can tweak it to meet the station when the time comes.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-27, 16:16

The mall is actually south of that... The strange green shape is the cactus surrounding the desert entrance to the first farm area.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-11-27, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I think we may want to wait on subway lines until the trap is finished and the desert/planned main area is at least terraformed. It may even be easiest to do it when the area is down to stone and we can then build over it. We don't know what that area is going to look like just yet, though, and if it will be a central location for some, we should probably wait for it to be a little further completed.
Agreed, that's why I limited the line to it's current location as it wouldn't interfere with future projects and could be easily modified to connect to the greater line system in the future. The purpose is this line is to essentially to provide a link to the portal at spawn for myself and grey, so we don't need to jam up the nether with another one for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Looks good to me Elysium. As RS mentions, I think the main sub/rail station should be built in the upcoming terraformed zone, since it will have easy access to the mob trap and comm exchange. Plus I think we've planned a community meat farm to be built above the mob trap as well. One-stop shopping!

But I don't see why you couldn't build the rail out to The Mall. We can tweak it to meet the station when the time comes.
Exactly. We'll have a temp connection either in the mall or surface entrance at the desert edge. We'll connect it to the other lines and future Grand Central station in the future as the terraforming progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
The mall is actually south of that... The strange green shape is the cactus surrounding the desert entrance to the first farm area.
I'll trying to come in by where the portal is, so actually north of the current spawn entrances.

As of right now I'll be limited to just digging the tunnel, as I need to mine extensively for the necessary iron, gold, and redstone for the tracks. No freebies!

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-27, 23:37

I'm totally cool with that path and just might tie in to it...though I'm not ready to or planning that at this moment. Mrs T has been pretty active making her little projects come to life. Our main house is next on the list I think. It's going in the clearing below our farms.

Since the lighthouse is on the northern peak now we are likely to put an observation deck of some sort on our current shack.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-27, 23:52

Shit. I miss having neighbors, and a sunset view over the ocean
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-28, 01:15

Yeah we spread out a lot in the new world.

This might change soon since a great deal of community effort is going into the Mall area. Communal farms will be built, the area will be terraformed to a grassy (dry) plain. It has a functional mob trap etc etc. After I build up my Sky Atoll after the communal trap is totally outfitted, I plan to move back to town and make a nice town house...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-28, 02:15

Save me a spot. I'm in.

Edit:
Could THIS be the place that we grid off with streets?

Last edited by drewprops : 2011-11-28 at 07:19.
¡Damned!

2011-11-29, 14:56

I was thinking about that last night after seeing how nice Brad's roadways look over at his city project. Also, I kind've miss a "central park" type area like we had in BP out in front of the Post Office. So, I just did a rough sketch here quickly of a possible grid, using the circular structure of the mob trap as a center to a central park:

This is probably not quite to scale (the P.O. would probably have to be bigger - maybe squarer or taller / the farm may be too small - maybe we put veggies on one side of the road and meats on the other), but it's just a rough proposal to get some feedback going.

So it goes.
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-11-29, 15:43

I think I might grab a spot in town myself, and keep Mob Hill around as a 'vacation home'/expedition base.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-29, 15:46

i like.... hills need to be considered in the design, but that's fine...
¡Damned!

2011-11-29, 15:58

Yeah, the section where the Comm Exchange is has quite a hill, but if we go with a cube design we could leave a hilly area to the right and still be ok - or incorporate it into the design of the building.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-29, 16:16

I'd like to suggest that we create "safe" teleport pads in our structures, consisting of (at the very least) a 2x2 square of blue wool. Sure, I can scribble down coords to your house, but what if you build a wall there later? This would be voluntary, of course.

Also: once you've built yours please post your coords here (or in a dedicated coords thread).

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-29, 17:26

You know, I happen to like people knocking on my door....not sure about teleporting into my room!

bb, I modified the sticky piston thing and was able to use the stone brick like I mentioned to you. If you would like, I'll be more than happy to revert it back to it's former self.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-12-02, 22:14

We need more hands on deck for desert terraforming above the mall. All sand gathered you keep. Dirt is provided courtesy of myself from... well we will discuss that later.
JohnnyTheA

2011-12-04, 00:21

Here is a pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/71355465@N07/6450764551/

of the tunnels I think it would be cool to make and then to ultimately make into subways...

I already have a tunnel from my Fort Sumpter island fort and the first stop..

JTA